How do you change the price of "buying" the 3 immigrants in Europe?

YaKidK

Chieftain
Callling all XML experts!!!

In order to make it worthwhile to buy immigrants off the dock in Europe, I would like to do 2 things:

1a) decrease the price per cross for buying them, or
1b) decrease the increase in the amount of crosses needed for next immigrent

2) impose a threshold on how much and immigrant cost in either gold or number of crosses.

I have played around with globaldefines.xml from the \assests\XML, but am yet to be succesfull.

Found it!

It is in the CVI4HurryInfo.xml in the XML\GameInfo folder.

I would be really nice if someone could reprogram the immigration function to be an function going toward an upper limit instead of an exponential as it is now. It makes no sense to pay 1800+ gold for immigrant no 19.

Hmm. The immigration function isn't there: only the hurrying prices. iGoldPerCross determines the cost of each cross not generated till the threshold. The cost of hurrying each new immigrant is this variable coupled with iFlatGold (50 by default, in Normal speed).

So the cost of each immigrant is:
(crosses remaining) * (iGoldPerCross) + (iFlatGold)

However, as I said, the function that determines how fast cross requirements grow (which doesn't seem to be exponential) isn't present in that XML.

GlobalDefines.xml

IMMIGRATION_THRESHOLD = the cost (in crosses) of the first immigrant (default == 5)
IMMIGRATION_THRESHOLD_INCREASE = the increase (percentage) for each subsequent immigrant (default == 25%)

Top Bottom