Inuit Civilization

There could be buildings that give a bonus for snow that any civilization can build if they are near the snow. The first thing I can think of are the Antarctic and Arctic science stations. They would give science for snow tiles. Also whaling ports could increase the number of whales given from whale resources. Ski lifts could provide happiness.
A new tile improvement could be the Ice trap, for food.

There isn't much use for a building that increases the amount of whales from a whale resource. If you have two whale resources ingame, you don't get any extra happiness from the second one, you just have more to trade. This is only marginally useful and only comes into its own when all luxury resources are doubled (a trait I have used in a mod before).

As far as I know, the Inuit lands aren't a known ski centre. Although I could be wrong about that. However, making use of snow is a great idea. EG the Ice Trap that you mentioned. Tundra being useful would also be good.

Whaling ports could give more gold then, as long as you have a whale resource connected to the city.

They should add at least one building or improvement that helps with snow tiles.

Love this Civ. I'm sure it has been posted somewhere here but if you hit the right goodie hut with your unique unit you jump right to Knight.

I would love this civ in expansion, and some kind of tile improvement with igloes would be nice, tile improvement that can only be builded on snow or even ice lol (food production type of tile)...why not, to be honest inuits are all about fishing seals and trapped whales on vast frozen oceans

For some reason this mod isn't showing up in my extensive mods options list when I subscribe to it.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I try the non-steam workshop installation? How do you install things with that if so?

For some reason this mod isn't showing up in my extensive mods options list when I subscribe to it.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I try the non-steam workshop installation? How do you install things with that if so?

It has nothing to do with the mod; it's a steam workshop bug.

Either:

-Download the mod manually, placing the file in your mods folder (~my games/civ v/mods).

-Clear your mod cache and re-subscribe.

-Unsubscribe to the mod before you start the game, then in-game, from the mod menu, re-subscribe, waiting a minute or so after you do for it to click.

It has nothing to do with the mod; it's a steam workshop bug.

Either:

-Download the mod manually, placing the file in your mods folder (~my games/civ v/mods).

-Clear your mod cache and re-subscribe.

-Unsubscribe to the mod before you start the game, then in-game, from the mod menu, re-subscribe, waiting a minute or so after you do for it to click.

Thanks, I'll try those next time.

By clear mod cache do you mean unsubscribe to other mods and resubscribe, or is it something else?

EDIT: I used the manual download method and its working fine now.

I've been using them in one of my traditional Huge map Marathon games, and they are very fun.

They can be a very strong civilization in some subtle ways, but I think they are balanced overall.

This mod really lets you found a successful arctic empire that can throw down with the best of them.

have to say that I currently love the UU and the UB right now (qamutiqs are so far one of the only two times I build chariot archers) I'm not sure how I feel about a whaling port, since I so rarely ever start near whales whenever I play as the inuit, most of my inutsk bonuses come from deer, so making it a whaling port would lose the benefits for the more common deer.
I like the UA, but I feel it doesn't encourage continual growth into snow tiles, Seal's are nice but they only immediately benefit me for the first few cities near snow, so it still doesn't seem like a draw to settle on snow for me. I was thinking that, along with the seals, maybe snow tiles could provide the same yield they would as if they weren't in snow (hills provide 2 production, rivers give 1 gold to surroundings as opposed to nothing, as snow usually gives) It'd give a reason to move towards the less hospitable areas on the map.

Just wanted to say that this is a great mod, I enjoy a lot encountering the Inuit in my games...

Also, I have something you guys might be willing to try... Open the following file:
civ directory\Assets\DLC\Expansion\Sounds\XML\Audio2DScriptsExpansion1.xml

Then, under the <Script2DSounds> paste the following...

Code:
<!--Inuit Music-->
    <Script2DSound>
      <ScriptID>AS2D_LEADER_MUSIC_APANUUGPAK_PEACE</ScriptID>
      <SoundID>SND_AMERICAREGIONS_EITHER_6</SoundID>
      <SoundType>GAME_MUSIC</SoundType>
      <iMaxVolume>40</iMaxVolume>
      <iMinVolume>40</iMinVolume>
      <bIsMusic>True</bIsMusic>
    </Script2DSound>
    <Script2DSound>
      <ScriptID>AS2D_LEADER_MUSIC_APANUUGPAK_WAR</ScriptID>
      <SoundID>SND_AMERICAREGIONS_EITHER_3</SoundID>
      <SoundType>GAME_MUSIC</SoundType>
      <bIsMusic>True</bIsMusic>
    </Script2DSound>
	 <Script2DSound>
      <ScriptID>AS2D_AMBIENCE_LEADER_APANUUGPAK_AMBIENCE</ScriptID>
      <SoundID>SND_AMBIENCE_SNOW_BED</SoundID>
      <SoundType>GAME_SFX</SoundType>
      <bLooping>True</bLooping>
      <bStartFromRandomPosition>True</bStartFromRandomPosition>
    </Script2DSound>
	<!--Inuit Music-->

And go meet up with the Inuit, there's music and specially the Snow Ambience sound which make it an amazing encounter...

Since yesterday 2K Live, do you think guys that Inuits are the linked-to-a-ressource civ Dennis Skirk mentioned?

I certainly hope so!

Any chance for this mod to become updated for BNW? The artwork is so awesome, I do not want to look for any other Inuit mod. Alternatively: How can I update it by myself? Is this something just to be done right away, or is it more complicated? I'm not really into modding at all. :(

I honestly miss this mod too; it was great to have the Inuit around. Do you think the creators of this will get mad if I use some of their assets?

Since the author has not been online since March 13, I don't think so. Looks like he has lost interest. If you create a new Inuit mod I would love to play it. By the way I might assist you for German localization, just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly miss this mod too; it was great to have the Inuit around. Do you think the creators of this will get mad if I use some of their assets?

I'm considering putting this through modbuddy again and releasing a BNW version (removing the lua overwriting cityview.lua now that we've got an XML technique for masking dummy buildings). It wouldn't be too difficult to do I suppose.

Top Bottom