The earliest you've picked an Ideology

phillipwyllie

Wannabe Deity
I'm sure some people have done it earlier and this map is without barbs and a legendary start(the first real one I have had) with GBR nearby but t161 is my new record. I could've shaved 6 turns off as I researched Industrialization first. This is on Emperor an a standard Pangaea map.

Attachments

• EarlyIdeology.jpg
    EarlyIdeology.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 319
congrats. I picked an Ideology with Babylon at around the same turn timer, but Babylon is pure science + early domination. Spain is one of those ones that are good in general, but lack the focus in science, so your time might be a little more impressive.

congrats. I picked an Ideology with Babylon at around the same turn timer, but Babylon is pure science + early domination. Spain is one of those ones that are good in general, but lack the focus in science, so your time might be a little more impressive.

Great Barrier Reef provides the focus here.

My record ideology choice appears to be turn 158. Had I finished Industrialization first, it would have been 160 (not sure why I chose that order).

Russian Ideology Choice.jpg

My record ideology choice appears to be turn 158.

Got that beat now to turn 156. I had some bad luck play in the timing of picking a policy after the Tradition finisher and finishing Acoustics(missed by 1 turn) which delayed opening Rationalism.

Attachments

• EvenEarlierIdeology.jpg
    EvenEarlierIdeology.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 122
I wonder which game is actually in better position to win. Your first game has over 100 more BPT.

I wonder if you used the 3 factory or the straight to atomic era way to get the ideology.

Now its t152

I wonder which game is actually in better position to win. Your first game has over 100 more BPT.
The first game I had built Public Schools, the second and third I'm in the process. Incidentaly the first game ended on a SV on t270, the second on t276, but I had too many GS(was waiting untill the ISS was finished) and i got beaten to Big Ben(left it way too late) so I ran out of gold. The third I'm not going to wait until I finish the ISS before bulbing.

I wonder if you used the 3 factory or the straight to atomic era way to get the ideology.
No as there is no coal in my borders so I have to rely on a CS much later on for factories. This is a straight beeline to Electricity then Oxford to Radio.

Attachments

• t152Ideology.jpg
    t152Ideology.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 124
I remember glory7 achieving a turn 146 Radio(147 ideology) on a certain map. As for myself i remember getting an ideology between 150-160 several times but i don't play enough sp games to really compare.

In mp games i made a turn 113 ideology at 2 occasions(quick speed, means 169 standard) but i saw someone making a turn 106 one in a video(159 standard).

But this is lot better than average. You need a hell of a map/civ and everything else to do sub 160 turns ideology.

And of course it's much easier to tech in sp games and with speed faster than quick so the numbers are hardly comparable.

Now its t152

The first game I had built Public Schools, the second and third I'm in the process. Incidentaly the first game ended on a SV on t270, the second on t276, but I had too many GS(was waiting untill the ISS was finished) and i got beaten to Big Ben(left it way too late) so I ran out of gold. The third I'm not going to wait until I finish the ISS before bulbing.

No as there is no coal in my borders so I have to rely on a CS much later on for factories. This is a straight beeline to Electricity then Oxford to Radio.

Perhaps I should try the map again. That was an older SS. I also have a SS of the finish, which was a t238 SV. The primary advantage I had was the extra city. A 3 city SV definitely falls behind. I've considered trying that game again, but going for 5 cities.

Based on my SS, I assume I had 3 turns or more into Industrialization, so there is a chance that could have been lower had I done things different. I vaguely recall switching to get Radio midway through teching Industrialization, possibly because I decided I was going Freedom instead of Order.

Top Bottom