C3C PBEM - WW2 Global

Dazz_G

Emperor
## GAME STARTED ##

The multiplayer version of Rocoteh's WW2 Global scenario has been released so I have decided to organise a PBEM for anyone who is interested.

There will be seven positions ... Germany (incorperating Italy, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria & Finland) , Japan, USA, Great Britain, France (incorperating Poland), China and Russia plus the AI.

Even though we have started, we are still a player short ... I am looking after China until someone is found ... if you are interested in playing China let me know.

Player 1 : Dazz_G (Great Britain)
Player 2 : Rubberjello (Russia)
Player 3 : eric A (USA)
Player 4 : bkgreatwarnut (Germany)
Player 5 : perkins-mah (France)
Player 6 : augurey (Japan)
Player 7 :
Player 8 : AI

[http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2424493&postcount=1]

[http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2465012&postcount=361]

The first link is for the huge download necessary to run any version of the scenario ... you can also get the single player biq file here.

The second link is for the multiplayer biq needed to take part in this PBEM.

You should follow the download instructions and make sure you can get the scenario to work ... please confirm when you have successfully got it to work.

Please note ... Patch 1.22 required.

I'll be happy to play Russia. These save files are going to be HUGE! :eek:

Let me know how this one works out. I had to bow out of one a few months back because I couldn't get the scenario to work on my computer.

I have checked out the Multiplayer biq and this is the situation ...

Germany-Italy and Japan are in a locked alliance as are GB, USA, France & China.

Russia isn't locked into either alliance.

Are you happy to leave it this way and have Russia as a bit of a loose cannon or would you prefer it if I try to change it and lock Russia into the Allies alliance ?

Leaving it as it stands would be the more historically accurate and may make for a very interesting game .....

But even with only 8 civs it is still pretty slow.

Some things I noticed:
Airlift:
There is far too much airlift capability for historical accuracy.
By rush building an airport in Manillia I can airlift most of the
US army (except for the mech units) to the Phillipines in
a couple of turns. US infantry division were not airmobile
in 1940.

Naval Movement:
I think the game would work better if the movement cost for coastal
areas was increased to 2, then give all ships 1 extra movement
point. This is to simulate the effects of mines, reefs, etc..
Ships will move faster in the open sea but will be slowed down
in narrow channels.

I will also post these comments in the WW2 global thread.

Dazz_G said:
I have checked out the Multiplayer biq and this is the situation ...

Germany-Italy and Japan are in a locked alliance as are GB, USA, France & China.

Russia isn't locked into either alliance.

Are you happy to leave it this way and have Russia as a bit of a loose cannon or would you prefer it if I try to change it and lock Russia into the Allies alliance ?

Leaving it as it stands would be the more historically accurate and may make for a very interesting game .....

If Russia sides with the Axis wouldn't that pretty much decide the game?

Hmmm.... you could have two different victory point requirements, depending
on which side Russia is on.

eric_A said:
If Russia sides with the Axis wouldn't that pretty much decide the game?

Hmmm.... you could have two different victory point requirements, depending
on which side Russia is on.

Uhmmm.... In case you haven't noticed, in the Single player version of this Mod, Russia is listed as "Alliance 3". I haven't looked at the multi-player version yet, but rest assured that if I get to play the Russia, I'll do my best to make sure NEITHER the Axis or Allies win! :lol:
(Sic...Russia could concievably win this thing as "Alliance #3", right?)

That sounds as though RJ wants to leave things as they are ... Multiplayer is the same as Single i.e. Russia is Alliance 3.

In that case we need to agree on victory conditions as obviously Russia as alliance 3 could go for an individual victory or they could side with the Axis or Allies at will.

Perhaps the best route would be the standard Domination and Conquest ? This may be a bit harsh on Russia if they go it alone though.

Anyone any thoughts on the matter ?

Scenario up and running here. Although it was kind of wierd....the first time I loaded it, I got 8 Civ choices (all of them wierd/small civs). The second time it worked fine with all the right Civs? :confused:

I'm a little leery of Eric A playing the USA...That Pacific fleet scares the pants off me! In my present single game, they are pounding the snot out of me and I can't do anything about it (yet).

I am U.S West Coast (PST). I can usually my turn during most of the day, but all the time in the evenings.
rubberjello at yahoo dot com is the email.

Rubberjello said:
Uhmmm.... In case you haven't noticed, in the Single player version of this Mod, Russia is listed as "Alliance 3". I haven't looked at the multi-player version yet, but rest assured that if I get to play the Russia, I'll do my best to make sure NEITHER the Axis or Allies win! :lol:
(Sic...Russia could concievably win this thing as "Alliance #3", right?)

OK, a 3 sided brawl with each alliance pursuing it's own aggenda, I
like the concept!! I vote we go with it.

Top Bottom