MOD: The Balancer Reloaded (TBX-R)

would you guys consider making this on civ 4

I myself would be willing to make a version of this Balancer for CIV IV, I did it with PTW Balancer, changed everything that needed to be changed to make it compatable with CIV Conquests, and it worked, although have yet to get CIV IV but as soon as I do will look into seeing what we may do if everyone agrees to doing so, Kingpin want to do it?

Well... I'm figuring out what is possible with Civ 4...

There is a collaborative effort underway at strategamer.com in which I am involved. I would imagine that some of the things I have put into TBX-R could also find there way into that.

We'll see what happens :)

Where can I get the Balancer Reloaded Mod for PTW? I had this before, but it became corrupted somehow and now I can't find it again.

Thanks,

Brizz

If you can not find it at a sight I may be able to upload the sight version to you if you have messenger or something like that, will check around and let you know...

Hi Gary B. Ross .Does the Ptw version let you build your custum crib and have the 'city view screen intact?. If it does, I have complete so Id give it spin. why not? just for a change/
is it much smaller then Conquest version? thanks

PTW is 56.0 mb installed, conquest is about 412mb installed. (my version only) so you can safely say Conquests sight version is quite a bit less than my version. Will have to get back with you about city view I think it was done away with in PTW, not positive though. Also I believe custom "crib" is obsolete in PTW too.

Will find out for sure asap...

Hi Kinpin its good to see you again. I gave a presentation(pg3-5) to the Civ4 side on what makes a good X pak. I gave your mod layout as example for ideal format. :goodjob:

I said this Giant Death Robot was not in the Game. I hope I was not lying (for reps sake,) :(

Does this mean you hav added more units? Imagine you improved Balancer even more :eek: . How is that Possible though? Do you have any ideas?

I get frustrated that I can't help all the people who don't like CIv3 see the light and go play your MOd. If they did, the things they complain about would be gone. Oh well only some can be saved I guess :(

Hi Kinpin its good to see you again. I gave a presentation to the Civ4 side receantly on what makes a good X pak. I gave your mod layout as example of ideal format. :mischief:

I said this Giant Death Robot was not in the Game. I hope I was not lying (for reps sake,) :(

Does this mean you hav added more units? I hope you make a new eddition of Balancer for Civ3. Lots of people are making new improvements for 3 instead of new projects using 4 . I hope you are one of these people

Hey, TA. You're right, the atlas is not in TBX-R. It looked too much like one of those Lego dudes. The current version of TBX-R is still 1.04 so there are no new units in it. I was just aiming to fix the download problems this time around.

Where can I get the Balancer Reloaded Mod for PTW? I had this before, but it became corrupted somehow and now I can't find it again.

Brizz, there is no Balancer Reloaded for PTW. However, in a few weeks, I will be posting "Kingpin's PTW Mod" which is what I based TBX-R on. PTW users might like to give it a whirl because there will be many similarities. Stay Tuned.

I edited my post so I'll repeat: you should think about trying to improve this somehow. I no it would be very hard but think of how amazing it would be if you could do it somehow. Im not sure how it could be though :crazyeye:

I'm still open to making improvements and additions. I still have a dozen or so of ripptide's mechwarrior units to include... once I have them all repaired.

Brizz, there is no Balancer Reloaded for PTW. However, in a few weeks, I will be posting "Kingpin's PTW Mod" which is what I based TBX-R on. PTW users might like to give it a whirl because there will be many similarities. Stay Tuned.

What!! thats awesome! OK I''l play that till you sum up the courage to try the impossible. Please try to improve upon your Greatest triumph. Who dosn't think this mod is to perfect? I know, I know, think how hard it will be to improve it :cry: but please! try to make it somehow even better even if its the last thing you do

EDit Crosspost: Oh ok I'll try my best to think of some ideas but Im thinking they should all come from you or theres no point...um ok how about a pot o boiling Oil(counter seige unit?) :mischief:

You must be running out of space for allowable improvments No ? The limit is 256! Otherwise Id say the early age could use a little expanding, in keeping with the balanced approach of course (thats if you plan on adding those modern units of Ripps)

Sorry for hitting you with this all at once Kingpin. Concering the Space Race, mybe you could push back a few parts or make em more expensive, or add a few more.
Reason being , I finish the space race before I can play with the Mechs!. (I do get to use the post modern weopons which are really cool ) Should I not select the space race if I want to use the mechs?

I like how this mod supports the planet colonizing days with units and improvments of the same time and feel. Unlike the regualr game, that goes from rusty tanks to flying out of the solar system, you make the space race feel legit! :goodjob:

Oh G Im getting a li worried now thinking of all the things that could go wrong if we changed things.

Ya on second thought mybe its best if we leave it alone. Its very good how it plays right now. No need to fool around with a proven formula. :shifty:

Sorry I was just dreaming how a mod better then this would look and feel but forgot to consider it might not be possible. The intricacies that go into this masterpeice , making it so good in the first place could easily be inverted. One wrong move and the whole shabang could become the The 'Unbalncer Reloaded'

I just wanted to say I didn't think you were highjacking my thread Kingpin, good to see your still around. THe more Civ3ers the merrier.

Sword_Of_Geddon, I have a great deal of respect for all content creators and dislike it when someone hi-jacks a thread. And here I found myself doing that to a thread you started. :blush: :lol: I just thought I would post where those units came from but I guess I got a little carried away. I'm glad you didn't take offense to my intrusion.

Top Bottom