MOD: The Balancer Reloaded (TBX-R)

Just the Random Number Generator, probably :)

Unless it's always the same island, which would be because you keep entering the same seed (although it's probably the former)

EDIT: Actually, it could also be the type of map you're selecting, and the amount of water on the map

What does the seed do? I always leave it at zero. Should I be changing this each time I create a new game so I get a different map? I thought Civ3 would create a random map by itself each time a new game is started. Hmmm, tell me more about the seed and what are the limits to it please.

It's best not to touch the seed if you want random maps, because by inputing a seed, you're telling the game which specific map you want :) (unless you select "random" for everything else, which means that you're telling it which seed you want out of the choices it makes for everything else)

For starters, great setup guys! I love this mod. I was getting a little bored with the old game. But you sure have added a few things. Big item for me is the detail in custom units for each civ. Plus the fact that I am a big Battletech fan from when that game began. So it is nice to see them here as well. Also play Warhammer 40k. So it is a big hoot to see those units too.

Now to my problem. Worked up to the Modern age with the Germans. Was able to build the Eurofighter. But when it came time for it to pop up...... You guessed it. I got the file not found error. This is what it says: "art\units\eurofighter\=..\jet fighter\jetfighterbomb.flc" Now I have taken a look into the files and as far as I can tell. Everything is in place for it to work. Unless part of this file is somewhere in the download that I can not see. Or was this a part that did not make it into the game? I can tell you that every other unit that I have used throughout the game. Was worked just fine. This is my second game. The first was with the Americans. So I know that their units work and so do many of the "generic" ones. I have downloaded the Eurofighter unit file. But am not sure that if I put it in to replace the other file. If it will fix the problem. Can you help me on this? I know enought of the game mechanics to make me dangerous. :lol: Trying to learn how to "add" units to the game. But have not been sucessfull yet.

Russ

Here's the solution to your problem, RKP.

The ini file for the Eurofighter has an extra equal sign in the victory animation, like so:

VICTORY==..\Jet Fighter\JetFighterBomb.flc

Take that out and save it and you'll be able to carry on like usual.

VICTORY=..\Jet Fighter\JetFighterBomb.flc

It seems my testers weren't as thorough as I had hoped. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I notice that this mod is included in Civ Complete, Civ Content, but it does not incorporate the new stuff such as the agricultural trait.

Is there a more recent download?

Thanks

The first post contains the most recent download available

EDIT: Can anyone confirm that Balancer Reloaded (TBX-R) has been included in Civ3 Complete? This is the first I've heard of it.

The first post contains the most recent download available

EDIT: Can anyone confirm that Balancer Reloaded (TBX-R) has been included in Civ3 Complete? This is the first I've heard of it.

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded into the scenario folder, as I have other mods, but I still only see the version that does not have the agricultural trait.

Version 1.05 is the latest version.

Thanks Kingpin. I did just that and it works just fine. A quote from my grandfather comes to mind. But for the grain of sand, the gears would turn. It seems to always be the simple and small things that can keep you from doing what you want.

I just made a new map for this mod by combining it with the map from Cheezy the Wiz' INEMONH, thus combining my two favorite non-SciFi mods for the past few years... ;) This is a HUGE map, with room for all 31 civs and a new terrain called "ideal city location", which is the only place where cities can be built. This opens up lots of possibilities for fights for strategic locations, while staying nicely within the annoying 512 city limit... ;)

Hope you guys have as much fun with it as I had today... :D

Attachments

• Balancer Reloaded - INEMONH map.zip
    247.4 KB · Views: 148
I just made a new map for this mod by combining it with the map from Cheezy the Wiz' INEMONH, thus combining my two favorite non-SciFi mods for the past few years... ;) This is a HUGE map, with room for all 31 civs and a new terrain called "ideal city location", which is the only place where cities can be built. This opens up lots of possibilities for fights for strategic locations, while staying nicely within the annoying 512 city limit... ;)

Hope you guys have as much fun with it as I had today... :D

Flamand, why don't you post that in the TBX-R download thread on WOTG, that way it won't be lost in this thread over time. :D

:nuke: Cheers, Þórgrímr :nuke:

Does anyone have a link to the 1.05 version of this MOD? I just want to make sure that I am running with the latest version. Thanks!

HI Manololy I say you need only whats on the download at the moment . NO other stuff has been added to my knowledge. Mybe some rule change? but I can't see what. This mod stays true to rules as they were before, only adds Xpak stuff and to none of which is added on by 1.05( best of my knowledge)

I have just released version 1.06. You can get it via bitTorrent or get the patch at my website.

This patch fixes a few bugs including the crazy AI starting in the same location as you. I would recommend anyone still playing this mod to download it immediately.

If anyone has had trouble downloading this with bittorrent since before yesterday, please try it again. I have added several new trackers that should allow it to be downloaded with any bittorrent client.

Are there special additional rules in this mod and what is the size of the huge map in this mod ?
Did you also change the amount of turns.
(some questions before downloading this big mod)

The HUge map is 160x160. This can be adjusted in the Editor if it doesn't suit your requirements. I might have changed the number of turns but I can't recall right now...

Additional rules... yeah, where to start... Well you can go to my website (http://www.kingsnet.ca/Civ3_C3C.htm) and click on Kingpin's Balancer Reloaded (TBX-R) Tips. That will give you a rundown of the mod. You should get a fairly good idea of whether or not downloading this mod will be worth your time.

You could also ask some of the people who have posted in this thread to get their opinion.

If I download and install patch 1.06 I will not need any other patches correct? The one includes all other previous fixes right? Just wanna be sure.

Thanks for your time!

Top Bottom