Alliances

rene_ryou

Chieftain
hey

do the names of civilizations change when one or the other engage in a permanent alliance with another? If not, have you ever considered doing that?

just a thought...

It would be cool to have a "USSR" style alliance between Russia and China.

I've done some thinking about this, and if someone was to set up the code to do this, i'd provide the names. Here is my basic naming scheme

1. The two nations change to the name of their people's adjectives + alliance {English-Dutch Alliance}

2. Names based on era would be of little need because permenant alliances come later in the game

3. If possible, we could use historical names for alliances [the warsaw pact, the hanseatic league, etc.

as i said, all i need is the framework, and i can apply names for specific alliances. To whomever does this, how difficult would it be to do something like this?

thank you for your help
rene ryou

what i always wanted to have is something like the "warsaw pact". so maybe alliances could be named after the capital of one of the members. i hate this Tokugawa/Isabella style. why not name it kyoto pact or madrid treaty? moreover, more than only two civs should be able to join (and leave again under certain conditions). maybe it could be linked to a wonder, similar to apostolic palace. so if there where two of these wonders, there could be two blocks like warsaw pact and nato...

I like that Idea, it would be neat to have huge world wars sprouting from the creation of super- alliances.

It would also make diplomacy more important in the game.

wow you've been here since 06 and you just decided this was important enough to post in?

Top Bottom