Add Civilization and PTW will NOT run - without new Civilization and SAME map is fine

rsheuman

Chieftain
Help is needed... I have created a MAP and customized it as I want it to be for testing. If I run the map as is under PTW using one of the existing civilizations, all is well.

I take the SAME file and ADD Canada - and under the civilization page I complete all of the choices. I save this new map and try to play it. At the 46% mark PTW quits loading and reports a missing file with the name of #... and tells me it must exit the game, so that when I click on the 'o' I am back at the desktop. The ONLY difference is the added Civilization.

What am I missing? If I am not missing anything, how do I get around the problem? I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how I can be missing a file when the SAME map works with the default civilizations but refuses to work when all I have done is add a civilization. I have not added new units, or anything else other than the civilization....

HELP - email suggestions to me at rsh@idirect.com as I use dial-up and getting to fanatics is sometimes tedious and difficult...

The map WITH Canada is attached for others to try. If I remove Canada all is well... PLEASE tell me how to get around the problem!

TIA
Bob

I am almost certiant I know your problem, but first answer a few questions.
First, do you have any blank spaces in the entry for Canada, including Civlopedia entry or leaderhead. If so this needs to be fixed.
Have you created a new folder for this? If so you need to and have the scenerio refer to this folder (it's in scenerio properties I belive) where you need to add your civ with all the approiate pediaicons and such into NEW pediaicon and civlopedia txt files under a folder named TEXT, which is then under the new folder you have made. You copy these files from the text folder under Civilization->CPTW. O yes, the new folder must be under Civilization->CPTW->Scenerios.
Tell me if, after doing all this, if this still doesn't work, I think this shoudl do it though.

"First, do you have any blank spaces in the entry for Canada, including Civlopedia entry or leaderhead. If so this needs to be fixed."

I have a blank for the civlopedia entry and have no idea what would go there instead of a blank, since I have nothing to add to the civlopedia. The leaderhead is Lincoln, since I am using the American images.

I have NOT created any text files or a new folder. I have simply added the civilization. The flc files in the lower left corner of the civilization page where the 01 and 02 files are required are those that are used for America. All I have added are the cities, leaders names and the basics for the new civilization called for on that one page. I do not need nor want new icons, mini-icons, units, etc. All of the default ones are fine for my purposes...

In fact I do not want to create a new folder nor any special text files, and see that several of the new scenarios do NOT have them, so do not see why that is needed at all.

I suggest adding the new folder because you NEED a civlopedia and pediaicon entry for your civ.
Also, it might help to tell us WHAT the error said EXACTLY

The error message was three lines:
Missing file
Not found
#
If you try playing the file I supplied you should get the same error. As to the entries you say are needed, I have no clue on how to add them, where to add them, or how to reflect them in a folder.

Ok, in that case, what you need to do (mainly because I don't ahve the time to explain it) is go into the tutorial section here and look for a tutorial on how toa dd civilizations to the game, esp look for one about doing that in PTW. It will tell you all you need to know (or at least it should).

Top Bottom