Ask a Gay, Southern, American, Teenage Curler who is also a Boy Scout

Because my old curling thread got shut down. Shoot, y'all!

Continued quotes from my curling thread:

If you play at higher levels (I never id, but i know people that did), you need to let the skip know the weight so that the line can be properly judged (since the curl changes with weight).

Oh, that is true, but I suppose we're not professional enough to do that.

A couple times a week for a couple winters. It was also an instructional thing and you had to wear a slider at all times on the ice.

That's bizarre. We have a little slip thing that we wear on our feet when we throw, but afterwards we take it off, unless you actually have curling shoes in which case you put something on your foot to prevent sliding around.

I had problems moving down the ice with a slider and maintaining my balance while sweeping (I have terrible balance as it is).

Oh, I don't blame you. I've never fallen, although since curling is popular with old people I've seen a great many falls in my day.

What's the most difficult position in Curling?

Are you doing your part to destroy the sanctity of marriage and western civilisation, Mango?

Aka the GAY AGENDA

What aspect of your persona means the most to you ? You gayness , southerness , americaness , teenagedom , ability to curl , or scouthood ?

My gayness and southerness definitely outclass all the rest. Southern is just a type of American, after all, and teenage is just a phase in my life and it certainly wouldn't be fitting to associate myself strongly with something I'll only be for a few more years anyways, and in this time when age doesn't matter as much.

Why do you like curling.

I honestly don't know if this has been asked before but whatevs ;p

Haha it might've been, my memory's not the best. I like curling because it's easy for me, but fun. Also, I love looking at the circles with all the rocks. It looks very strategic.

Are you hot?

Judge for yourself. ;)

What's the most difficult position in Curling?

Oh, shooting the rock, without a doubt. It might not look too difficult, but balancing just right on the ice is difficult if you're fat or old, and knowing how fast to go and when to release the rock is also difficult. Some inexperienced players forget how to release the rock, and their rock goes off on wayward path that won't help anything.

Are you doing your part to destroy the sanctity of marriage and western civilization, Mango?

Aka the GAY AGENDA

Oh, yes, every weekend I'm marrying different men, usually Mexican, and divorcing them by Wednesday.

Good, keep on fighting the good fight against the evil straights.

I am from the south and I can tell you that we do not have gay people here.

Oh, to the contrary. As the famous drag queen Lady Chablis said, "the South is just one big drag show, honey."

But I see your point. My dad is from Illinois, so perhaps gay flows through him and got to me. That's probably what happened. My mom's from Virgina, so I certainly couldn't've gotten it from her. Virgins don't have gay sex.

Does it bother you that you would likely not be allowed to be a Scoutmaster, or even take a leadership position as a Boy Scout? That they also discriminate against atheists and agnostics?

I had to google that, and I was a Life Scout myself before I quit.

It is fairly popular with the highest levels of American scouting. But you don't see them too often on other scouts, at least back when I was a member.

This is the standard US Boy Scout neckerchief slide:

Are you even allowed to be all of those things? I guess I just assumed the boyscouts didn't like gay people join up.

I am from the south and I can tell you that we do not have gay people here.

So is the curling on ice or like a wax surface or what?

Does it bother you that you would likely not be allowed to be a Scoutmaster, or even take a leadership position as a Boy Scout? That they also discriminate against atheists and agnostics?

A little bit. They're not even supposed to allow me in the troop, but most don't know that I'm gay, but even if they did I'm pretty sure most wouldn't care because I'm popular. I know we have quite a few atheists and they've never been discriminated against yet that I know of, but I know that to get Eagle you have to get letters of recommendation and one of those has to be from a religious leader, so I'm not sure what they can do except lie. Even if I'm an atheist I go to church, so I'm ok because I'll just lie. I respect the boy scouts' right to do whatever they want, but obviously I don't care for it. I sort of understand their requirement on religion, but their requirement against homosexuality is strange.

It should be mentioned, I feel, that I've met 'plenty' (I guess four, although I've known for certain of two) of gay boy scouts at summer camp working as counselors. I guess they just don't scream about it so they're safe. Another camp counselor can't ask them if they're gay with the intent of reporting them, I assume.

AHAHAHAhahahAHAHAHAHa oh wait you're serious.

I thought he was commenting on social issues.

do southern american boy scouts wear a woggle...

Most do, but our troop doesn't have neckerchiefs, so we don't.

So is the curling on ice or like a wax surface or what?

Ice always. There's even a special curling ice, but I've never played on it even though I want to! Our curling community isn't big enough to warrant getting special ice. It costs each member twenty dollars each game/practice session anyways, so more money would be too much, I think.

Top Bottom