Current (SVN) development discussion thread

Building Buenos Aires though means that there are zero other city locations that are attractive to settle in the core territory.

Also if the AI founds Montevideo (which doesn't flip to Argentina) it would be worth considering not founding Buenos Aires so as to avoid some of the overlap.

Could this possible become settle two great Generals in your capital by 1900AD instead?
They have to be in your capital in 1900 AD (which is when the goal is checked). I should probably rephrase.

Could this also possibly become have 25000 culture in your capital, instead of forcing the location of Buenos Aires?
But that was the point.

They have to be in your capital in 1900 AD (which is when the goal is checked). I should probably rephrase.

Yes, but my question was can the goal be checked earlier?

As discussed above though, by forcing settlement of Buenos Aires, the player is forced to (a) get ridiculous overlap with Montevideo, if the AI happens to have founded this city - which doesn't flip; and/or (b) get left with no other attractive city founding locations in the entire Argentinian core area.

But if Buenos Aires is not founded, then there becomes room for two decent cities.

Is that important? I could check every turn but since it's the first UHV goal, you would have to wait for the second one to get your GA anyway. And once the generals are settled, you can't get them back either.

Given that Riflemen have +25% vs Cavalry by default, this is underwhelming to say the least.

I disagree. Cavalry makes up most of my army in the approppriate era, even though there are lots of rifles defending cities. Cavalry's higher power and speed and proper promotions make up for it even when you're using normal cavalry; the Argentinian UU will just slaughter rifles.

Goals that are by a certain date are in my view always preferable to goals that occur on a certain date.

The 3rd goal would similarly be improved with multiple checks instead of just one check.

I disagree. Cavalry makes up most of my army in the approppriate era, even though there are lots of rifles defending cities. Cavalry's higher power and speed and proper promotions make up for it even when you're using normal cavalry; the Argentinian UU will just slaughter rifles.

Nope. When you start the game, you get two unpromoted UU cavalry. They are up against various colonial or ex-colonial independent cities, where Rifles are fortified and promoted at least once or sometimes twice. Your starting UUs do not slaughter anything, they don't even get above 10% chance of killing the enemy in fact.

So as I said, underwhelming. Try an Argentinian start it for yourself, instead of just guessing how it would pan out.

The 3rd goal would similarly be improved with multiple checks instead of just one check.
Yes, I can see it in that case.

Building Buenos Aires though means that there are zero other city locations that are attractive to settle in the core territory.

Also if the AI founds Montevideo (which doesn't flip to Argentina) it would be worth considering not founding Buenos Aires so as to avoid some of the overlap.

Well, iirc Leoreth already conditioned the resources map long ago so Buenos Aires and Montevideo can be built near each other and still be a wonderful city to settle.

The resource setup there is still unchanged from Rhye's.

Same locations as for everyone else.

Leo, is the Viking Trading Company spread in Caribbean or in Baltic sea?

It is only the corporation, no conquerors. They should get the corporation like every other trading company civ.

Same locations as for everyone else.

Er...I've considered that you want to do something to simulate the kalmar Union, then I would suggest to add TC to Holy Rome and Italy to simulate Hanseatic League and Genoa&Venice. But it seems I've not understanding your meaning...

No, civ_king has rightly pointed out a while ago that Sweden had a trading company that was active in the East Indies, so I allowed its spread for them too in case they acquire colonies there.

No, civ_king has rightly pointed out a while ago that Sweden had a trading company that was active in the East Indies, so I allowed its spread for them too in case they acquire colonies there.

Not just Sweden, Denmark also had colonies in both the East and West Indies

I'm still getting messed up tech speed on latest SVN. Protestantism was founded less than 10 turns after I spawned as Vikings, 3000BC start.

Can anyone confirm this? I mostly run 600 AD starts but they don't seem to have this problem.

Not sure where to post this...but...
I just downloaded the latest SVN and I'm trying to add some new leaders that I want and prefer.
But the DynamicCivs.py file is completely messed up and uneditable.
I forgot how I managed to structurize it the last time...
Could somebody structurize it?

Top Bottom