Which victory type do you most consistently use?

Which victory type do you generally try for?

• Domination

Votes: 58 51.3%
  • Cultural

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Technology

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • Economic

Votes: 14 12.4%

• Total voters
I usually go for Cultural, but Economic victories are my second option. I'll definitely go for Domination, though, if the oportunity comes.

I know the answer is Civilization dependent, but what victory type do you generally try for? I suspect most people prefer domination victories.

For a while, I thought that a cultural victory approach would be a very good one because many players seem to have culture last on their priority list.

Although I can get a cultural victory, I have not been able to blow away the competition with this approach like I thought that I might.

That said, can anybody give me any insight to their specific experiences in going for a cultural win. I am particularly interested in knowing what civ you play and your basic strategy / approach for the early game.

Thanks.

My first suggestion would be to choose a Spiritualist leader. Focus on the top leg of the tech tree (Alphabet, Literature, Music, Philosophy). If you are not used to playing for cultural victories, you will probably have to FORCE yourself psychologically to prioritize those techs and trust that you can trade them later for stuff like Feudalism, Machinery, etc. The Great Library is a natural with this strategy, and I build it probably 80% of the time. Then beeline to Liberalism. If you win the Liberalism race, you will usually choose Nationalism as your free tech, and build the wonder that starts the Golden Age. Ideally, you want to have 9 cities and 3-4 religions so that you can build 3-4 cathedrals in your cities that you are targeting for 50K culture. Turn up the culture slider to 100% when you get to Liberalism, set your 3 cities to build culture, other cities build wealth and military units. Get a Defensive Pact with the top military guy, and then you won't have any serious military problems. That has worked very well for me at all levels below Emperor, and even a few times at Emperor, but I'm still refining it. In my biggest cultural victories, I was fortunate to be able to run Pacifism for long stretches. That, in effect, gives Ramesses THREE traits (Spiritual, Industrious, and Philosophical). Good luck!:)

I consider rushing AI capitals early as cheating...
Domination must be thw way to go, if you want short succesfull and boring games.

I always end up Cultural because I like expanding my borders that really pisses the leaders off. But depending on which Civ I go for Domination.

Economic, with Cultural as a close second. I hate building troops for the Domination victories, unless I can get them off early in the game and technology usually takes too long to send the ship to the other planet.

just downloaded the game today. Got a domination victory in 2044 on king level with the French. Could have gotten a cultural victory also. Rush a lot of culture buildings to capture enemy cities without warfare.

just downloaded the game today. Got a domination victory in 2044 on king level with the French. Could have gotten a cultural victory also. Rush a lot of culture buildings to capture enemy cities without warfare.

But you still have to use warfare to take out the capitals right?

Top Bottom