Korean Civ + Ancient Worlds Civ BUNDLE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agoodfella

Prince
OK, maybe I am missing something, but when I eagerly logged onto STEAM to purchase both the latest DLCs, I paid the 4.99 price tag for both happily (i.e. a total of 9.98).

But then lo and behold, I check out this Civ Tweet about a BUNDLE today (for 2 bucks less):

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/11092/

So, am I an idiot? Did anyone else buy both DLCs and not get this "bundled" price?

I am pissed.

Not to be mean or anything, but I am pretty sure 95-99% of the people who bought the DLC figured out about the bundle and bought the 7,49$ version... So I'm guessing it's just you. But I agree that typing "Civ 5" in the Steam store can yield a confusing mass of DLC, vanilla, and maybe eventually x-packs and whatnot. I hate to research for one hour before buying stuff.

OK, so I am an idiot, but should that cost me 2 bucks?

I mean if I select the same exact CIVs offered in the BUNDLE, shouldn't I automatically be offered this price?

I mean, WTF?

And please before people start chiming in about "its only 2 bucks" -- stop right there.

This is 100% about the principle rather than the money. I don't care if its 2 cents or 200 bucks, this should not happen.

This is how they get you dog.... I clicked on the steam list and had to go through three scrolls of DLC before I saw the "Bundle" pack.... Was about to buy a 4.99 Korea because I couldn't find it. Do some research next time and don't rush your purchases...

This is how they get you dog.... I clicked on the steam list and had to go through three scrolls of DLC before I saw the "Bundle" pack.... Was about to buy a 4.99 Korea because I couldn't find it. Do some research next time and don't rush your purchases...

Yeah, they "got" me.

And they probably "lost" a customer if I don't get reimbursed. This is total bullsh*t.

How did you miss the bundle?

If I click on either DLC I see the option to buy it seperately or in a bundle.
(Or does the US page look different than the Euro page?)

Edit: Not meant to be mean or anything, I'm just curious :)

Edit2:
This is what it looks like for me if I go to the Korea DLC:

Not to be mean or anything, but I am pretty sure 95-99% of the people who bought the DLC figured out about the bundle and bought the 7,49$ version... So I'm guessing it's just you. But I agree that typing "Civ 5" in the Steam store can yield a confusing mass of DLC, vanilla, and maybe eventually x-packs and whatnot. I hate to research for one hour before buying stuff.

Really? Cause I never saw the option for Bundle. And even if you go to the STEAM website, select the Civ V franchise, and go to DLC, its not even listed.

You literally have to dig for it. So I'm the only one you got ripped off? And even if I am, I should get my money back.

I bought the bundle on the day after it came out. When I looked for the Korea Civ on Steam, the bundle came up alongside it.

Try not to get too mad. They do probably make the bundles a little less accesable, so they get extra money. Extra money is the point of doing the DLC style expansions. You made a small mistake, just look more carefully next time. They've already got your cash, so the fact that they might "lose a customer" isn't really going to be a threat, nor are you likely to get reimbursed for what was essentially your mistake.

And please before people start chiming in about "its only 2 bucks" -- stop right there.

This is 100% about the principle rather than the money. I don't care if its 2 cents or 200 bucks, this should not happen.

Well you can call steam customer support and see if they can refund your $2.50. It's not Steam, Valve or Firaxis fault though. The double pack is the one with the most advertisement, you just went thru extra hoops to buy both individually.

You might get sympathy from a customer support rep (and make him laugh a little)

I'm going to side with the OP. When I clicked on the option to purchase the new DLCs from the Main Menu of Civ 5, it directed me to the $4.99 options. I knew there was a bundle somewhere because of Civ Fanatics, so I dug deeper to find it - but that's not where Steam sent me.

Ultimately, I didn't make the purchase - I just wanted to check out the process. It struck me as bizarre to offer a bundle - something done to increase sales - and then hide it.

HB

You know what is really frustrating? I expected a few fellow Civers to give me a bit of crap about being absentminded, but at the end of the day, do you really think I deserve to pay extra which is essentially comes down to clumsiness (or frankly, over eagerness)?

If a fellow Civer did it, I would expect a little solidarity and expect Steam to step up and say, yeah, you bought the exact same thing as the Bundle, but paid extra for it, here you go.

You know what is really frustrating? I expected a few fellow Civers to give me a bit of crap about being absentminded, but at the end of the day, do you really think I deserve to pay extra which is essentially comes down to clumsiness (or frankly, over eagerness)?

If a fellow Civer did it, I would expect a little solidarity and expect Steam to step up and say, yeah, you bought the exact same thing as the Bundle, but paid extra for it, here you go.

You are getting as much sympathy as I can give for someone who accidentally paid $2.50 too much. If you want your money back, call customer support, they have receipts if you bought both on the same day or worst in the same order, they are the ones that can possibly give you your money back, not CFCers.

Well, I've sent an email to STEAM and will wait to see their response.

Thanks folks. Sorry for the "rant" just letting of some, er, "steam"...

Emails won't do ****.... talk to a rep ASAP. Longer you wait, the more BS you will get.

Yeah, they "got" me.

And they probably "lost" a customer if I don't get reimbursed. This is total bullsh*t.

No one "got" you. Instead of looking, you jumped right in. This has nothing to do with Steam, Firaxis, 2K or anyone else trying to rip you off. This is you being impatient.

If you want to cross a street and the Don't Walk sign is lit but you can't wait and run across, you're going to get hit by a car and it'll be your own fault.

And here's how difficult it is to find:

Open Steam. For me, the Store page pops up right away. If it doesn't pop up for you, click on the Store tab. See that nice big picture right at the top? If you mouse over it, arrows will appear. Click one arrow a few times and you will see the combo pack.

As someone else posted, it's also listed in the same screen as the individual DLC for both Korea and Wonders.

If they give you your $2.49 back well that's nice of them. If they don't, then you just learned a lesson that applies to many things in life and it only cost you $2.49 instead of something more serious.

OK, maybe I am missing something, but when I eagerly logged onto STEAM to purchase both the latest DLCs, I paid the 4.99 price tag for both happily (i.e. a total of 9.98).

But then lo and behold, I check out this Civ Tweet about a BUNDLE today (for 2 bucks less):

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/11092/

So, am I an idiot? Did anyone else buy both DLCs and not get this "bundled" price?

I am pissed.

to be fair, you posted in the dlc video thread and it mentions in the first post that they're bundled together.

Yeah it is pretty embarrassing goodfella.... but no worries. We have all rushed a purchase at some point. Casein point... CiV. I bought the game at retail price and didn't touch it for months until they actually patched the damn thing. Wasted a good 15 bucks...

Let it be a lesson learned. Don't be the guy that rushes out to buy something for your girlfriend/wife because the hot rep in the shop blows you away with a product that will soon lose its luster. Be more deliberate with your money. Should be obvious, but we have all made the same mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom