Fix-It List

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode when you install or run the game?

Hi all...hope people still come here....

I was a long time Civ 4 fan and recently picked up Civ4 Complete for old times sake.

Happily playing away for a couple of weeks when this "Please login with administrative priviliges and try again" message pops up and prevents me from playing the game.

I have absolutely no idea what this means. I am the only person who uses this pc, my tech skills can just about manage to play around with in the control panel and I am the administrator.

I have no idea what to do....and am a complete tech numpty so hopefully any explanation is aimed at a 4 year old....

Hope someone is out there....

Cheers

WillLondon:

Assuming that you are using Windows 7 or 8, Microsoft disabled a needed feature for CIV and many older games and programs in a patch last month. There is discussion and a couple of ways to fix the problem in the thread below titled "Please login with administrative privileges and try again".

Have bought the Civ 4 complete version but when I install it only loads Colonization. Loaded it on my home computer and had this problem but somehow got all three. Am loading it on my laptop now and don't remember what I did to get all three versions. Any suggestions.

Thanks for the help
Rick

Are you trying to load it by inserting the disc? I don't have a physical copy of Civ IV Complete anymore, but iirc, it only runs autoplay for Colonization, not for Civ IV proper. However, because it comes with Patch 3.19, it will run without the need to insert the disc, just double-click the icon and let it go :)

If that doesn't work, please walk us through your process

Have bought the Civ 4 complete version but when I install it only loads Colonization. Loaded it on my home computer and had this problem but somehow got all three. Am loading it on my laptop now and don't remember what I did to get all three versions. Any suggestions.

Thanks for the help
Rick

Microsoft released a patch in September that, among other things, prevents discs using the copy protection scheme that CIV uses from being accessed. Have a look at the file in this forum titled "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" for an explanation, discussion, and a few work arounds to allow you to once again access your discs. This may be the problem.

Top Bottom