Pitboss game visibility

t-force

Chieftain
Hi all,

Please accept my apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place, or if it's been asked hundreds of times previously, and I'm just too incompetent to find it.

After a good time away, I'm trying to start up a new Pitboss game of BtS. I'll be playing a 2 human/7 AI game with friend who lives a few miles away, so I gather this has to be an Internet game now, rather than a direct IP one.

I'm using a Windows Home Server 2011 machine as my Pitboss server, and have, as far as I can tell, started up the Pitboss game correctly. However, when I leave the server, and try to log on to the game on my gaming PC, I cannot see the game mentioned in the lobby (though I can see others, so that would suggest that issue is with my Pitboss machine, rather than my gaming PC).

I'm guessing that there may be a port forwarding issue here, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer as to what ports require forwarding when trying to host a Pitboss match. Can anyone provide some clarification as to what ports need forwarding, and also offer any alternative suggestions for where I might be going wrong?

Many thanks.

Top Bottom