MilarNES: Birth of A Civilization

Who cares.. all they have to do is jib about for a few hundred years until my people work out how to sit on dem tiggers.. an then the tiggers will be doing the damage! :D

I am still waiting for the procastinators (Jason, germanicus and Amon Savag) for actually trying to send orders. At least Amon said what tech he wanted, but neither Jason nor germanicus have sent anything at all. I am seriously considering to send the three of them to hell, NPC the nations and just start without them, but it would be too bad form to do that.

Decloak: Milarqui, some advice, if I may: don't harp about deadlines until the deadline actually passes.

But thanks for the last two pages of this thread. That was some funny reading. :lol: :thumbsup:

I figured you would just move on but it appears you would not go easy.... ;)

I am not sending the orders because I think it is ridiculous to have a UU so early, regardless of what kind of UU it is... the first true UU was not created until the Bronze age. (that I know of in IRL Sparta)

And what is the point of giving a civ free tech? Make them work for it. So as a result I am not sending orders until turn 1 when I can create troops and do some real nation work.

The main problem is not the deadline, but the fact that both Jason and germanicus could have, at least, said that they would send orders later.

EDIT: @germanicus: the UU is done to add some flavour to the game. As for the free tech, it's a way to say that said tech is the one that turns them into a true, advanced civilization. Of course, you can decide not to have a starting tech and no UU, but then you will start with a disadvantage respect the others.

Decloak: Another bit of friendly advice, Milarqui, if I am permitted: It's not necessary to say that you'll be sending orders later, that clogs the thread up and your PM box. I can understand if you can't make the deadline, but as long as the orders are in before the deadline, it should be fine. That's what a deadline is: the last chance to get things in. If you wanted them to send orders earlier, you should have set your deadline earlier.

Germanicus, you can make your free UU many things. It might be a Levy with high morale but even poorer than Warrior fighting ability. It might be a hunter unit with knives that are slingers with good melee ability. It might even be a warrior with tons and tons of bearskins and a huge twohanded club for shock attacks.

It could be ANYTHING.

It could even be 'Wardrummer: increases expansion, Combat and logistic eficiency'

:rolleyes:

We are quite aware what a UU is Charles. I, like Germy simply don't see the point yet.

Mal~ You say it adds flavor.. an i'm guessing you are writing Update 0, describing each nation in relation to their UU.. problem is, life does work like that.

The nation makes the UU, not the UU makes a nation. How about I write a description of my nation instead? I could even write about my wistling warriors if i must..penalising me for not caring about a unit I am not going to use seems very childish. Hell, in a few turns they won't exist any more anyway!

Also, a deadline, is a deadline. Getting so excited/agressive and insulting to players before the deadline has passed isn't a good plan if you wish the players to stick about!

The reason why I am a bit mad is that the ones who have yet to send orders could have done it several times already but haven't. I could have posted an earlier update if they had done it, but they didn't. I'm just nervous to see what's your opinion about my game. Sorry if I have made any of you uncomfortable with this.

About the UUs, I want to include them in update 0, but it's not going to be as you say, Abaddon. It'll be like Crezth's Update 0 in CrezNES, but bigger, explaining something about the religion, the government and a bit of the UUs. You are welcome to post a description of your nation if you want, but wait until I post Update 0 and you will be getting culture points already.

Again, I am sorry. I hope that the remaining guys will send their orders, and that you enjoy the update.

INFO: I have already finished the Dark Ages techs. A couple of them, you might recognise from Civ4, but half of them are of my own harvest. Have chosen 80% of Middle Ages techs, but I have yet to give them a description.

Wanna join the game, Lightfang?

Decloak: No, and for two reasons.

1. The time period does not interest me. (As a side note, when did I ever give a clue that I was interested in this NES? Did I think I typed "friendly advice: don't be so angry all the time!" and really type out "Hey Mil, I'm kind of interested in joining your NES!"? But more importantly,

The reason why I am a bit mad is that the ones who have yet to send orders could have done it several times already but haven't. I could have posted an earlier update if they had done it, but they didn't.

2. This. I join NESes to have fun, not to get harped about for not getting things done faster (which, by the way, is still on time.) As I've said before that you probably just skimmed over: if you want the players to give you orders earlier, set the deadline earlier! But do not complain when the deadline hasn't even arrived yet!

NESers in general are pretty lazy (hey, I sound like Symphony D.) Even just getting orders in on time is a pretty significant achievement.

So sorry, but I don't want to deal with a temperamental mod.

Good god... Have a huge cow that I don't want a UU to begin with... Why would I make a UU right now, when I may very well have to change it at turn 2 or 3 to meet the demands of my surroundings. Quit being a woman about this, Milarqui... As the saying goes, the customer is always right... We're the customers. Our not filing a UU on TURN 1 can't be such a detriment to your ability to continue the NES in a fun manner that you must nag us about it so. Your being confrontational about such a trivial issue is a detriment not only to the player's mood of the NES, but your own too. You could have very easilly shrugged and said "Their loss" and went on, and noone's feathers would have been ruffled.

So my advice to you from hereon, is to not give such a huge crap about the smallest things... I must quit this NES before it starts, however, due to the crappy mood this NES has already put me in.

Oh missed the deadline. I guess I'll just wait a few turns before joining, since I'll be behind with my tech research anyways.

Also don't care to being talked to in such a way Milarqi.

You aren't behind the deadline, Jason, you still could have put something, even if it is similar to those Happy Whistling Clubmen of Abaddon. It's a pity that both of you would go just because you don't want to put an UU. It was going to be in the update. It seems I'll have to improvise.

Deadline reached. If either Jason or Amon want to join, they are welcome to, but I am doing their things. germanicus, I'm not sure if I should give you one free tech, regardless of what you think, but since you don't want it, you will get your wish.

Update will be posted soon. Just have to change a couple of things in it and we are set.

The sun shines again over the world of Gaia. It will keep doing the same thing for a lot of time. However, today it shines over a different thing than it did some time before, because around the world many of the children of Gaia, those called “humans”, are currently uniting in greater groups than normal. Groups that can live together in better conditions. Groups that can advance towards being a better group, with a relationship with the land they live in. Groups that are the...

BIRTH OF A CIVILIZATION

In the gigantic landmasses of the world and some small islands between the landmasses, several of these “civilizations” are being born. Some will fall in defeat, while others will stand proudly, holding up against the waves that menace to destroy them.

Which ones will die, and which ones will survive is yet an unknown thing, but to make sure that people will know about them, a description about the new “civilizations”.

Africa

Three nations live in Africa, three that will seek to be the ones that take control of the whole world in the name of their own chief, or even of their own god.

Brundagana, which lives in the south-eastern tip of the continent, the first democracy of the world and which adores the tribal gods that have been worshipped ever since the the memories of the elders reach, knows of the secret of how to make Fire with a swiftness hardly equalled among others. Their Impis, which can outrun many others, protect the people thanks to their wooden shields and lances.

Damietta, born in a impressive place that controls the two arms of a long river that is born in central Africa and dies in north-eastern Africa, is ruled by those that claim they can communicate with their gods, which come from the dry and dangerous desert to their west, and the protectors of the nation, the Iker, are also introduced into the religious fold and trained to survive in the harshest conditions. Their knowledge of Agriculture gives them a lot of resources that allow them to feed many people.

Guanche, living quite apart from the other African nations, has instead grown to be able to get their food from the sea, as Fishing seems to be the most secure way to provide for all the families that live in the nation. As strange as it is, they worship the sun (whom they call Achamán) instead of the sea, because they see Achamán as the giver of life, as the one without whom none of them could live. They also have two languages, the Guanche and the Silbo, the latest of which consists of whistles that can carry further away than shouts. This is what their elite unit, the Silbadores, use to deal with their strategies, as well as to protect their King, and their Lanchas can take many people to other places.

Asia

Three more live in Asia, waiting along the largest continent of them all for the opportunity to prove themselves as the best of them all.

Babylon, born between the rivers Tigris and Euphrates, holds its first breath as the first soldiers of the nation start to train for their attempt to become the most powerful nation over Gaia. The Babylonian Monarch worships, like part of his followers, the Pantheon of Babylonian gods, each of whom rules over one aspect of the world, in their opinion. Using their knowledge of Agriculture to their best, they have managed to make their population grow. Among these, the soldiers of the Vultures corps are renowned for their ability in combat .

Singodia, the most ancient civilization of the world, has, like Damietta, started to farm their own food through the art of Agriculture, which made the holders of the bigger lands the most powerful people of the nation, to the point that currently the power is held by the 13 biggest land-owners. The weight agriculture has in the nation is also shown through their cult to fertility, whose biggest representative is rice, which is the grain people cultivate in here and consume the most. Their elite soldiers, named the Happy Whistling Clubman for their custom of whistling whenever they are happy, are specially trained ever since their infancy to be stronger than everybody else, giving them an edge in meleé combat.

SNES Land is the strangest of all of the nations that have been born in this world. It's not what they know, as they have taken to Fishing to provide for their people. It's not the place where they live, the islands known as Japan in other worlds. They live governed by a despot of unknown name, and the religion they follow is certainly the strangest of all. Called Playerism, its followers think that their world is only someone else's imagination, and that all of their moves are controlled by some person that has complete control over them. Most people deem this delusions, but it is gaining more followers as time passes. Their Ninjas are well trained as soldiers, spies and assassins, while their Samguk ships are built specially for attacking and boarding other ships.

Europe

The most inhabited continent of all with six nations, Europe will be probably the place of the first battles that rock this world.

The Gaulic Confederation is certainly very forward in time, as they are governed by a king that cedes partial power to other chiefs that hold great influence in their lands and in their king. Their culture, which follows the cult of both one's ancestors and one-self, is based in war, as evidenced by the fact that tribes will leave their lands and become soldiers of the Confederation for money, forming War Bands. This big effort is sustained by the Agriculture that is made in the shores of the Seine river, where the cities of the Gauls have been built.

Far into the east, near what is considered the natural border between Europe and Asia, stands Idyll, which worships the military and its members and is lead by a group of the richest people of the land. Perhaps their invention of the Wheel is what will give these people an edge in future wars, and the fact that many people have trained with their slings to the point that they can throw several stones practically one after the other with only a span of mere seconds between them only furthers that idea.

The Kingdom of Hellenium, ruled by a monarch that has absolute power over every aspect of the nation and worshipping the five gods of the Hellenic Pantheon (which they believe are representative of the five states of the mind), has turned to Fishing to feed their people. This nation has given birth to a group of soldiers called Proeliator, which hold great strength and tactical skill thanks to their exhaustive training, and their Dromon, a heavier version of the oar ship that normal fishers use, has a central tower in the middle of it that can hold many people, settlers and soldiers alike.

In the Italian peninsula, the Kingdom of Rome and the United Tribes of Milan are about to smash in an attempt to take control of as much territory as possible. The second, having discovered how to cultivate their food through Agriculture, under the belief that every being has a soul and trusting their Elite Milanese Warriors to smash the enemy, seem to have a better chance to win in the possible war, while the Romans, which have appeared in the scene and worship their own pantheon of gods but have yet to make known their knowledge and their ace up their sleeve, seem to be doomed.

In the north, in one of the islands off the coast of Europe, stands Pictland, which could be said to be a combination between a monarchy and a tribal confederation, as their king is chosen by the leaders of the tribes and then rules for his whole life, but always giving the chiefs partial control over their tribes and making sure that no conflict starts between his subjects. Their belief in the might of the Lance-Propeller shows that they are very war-like, a thought that is taken further by their elite units: the feared Woad Warriors can terrify even the most brave soldier, as their tattooed, naked bodies make them fearsome to anyone that does not pray to the Celtic Gods, as the Picts themselves do.

North America

Like in Africa and Asia, three nations live in North America, preparing to expand into the fertile lands of the center of the continent and towards the four directions, hoping to conquer as much terrain as possible.

The Holy Empire of Britannia, the Autocratic Theocracy that mandates worship of the Emperor as the religion of the state, stands ready to smash against its enemies from their position in eastern North America, aided by the Knights of the Round, which are the 10 military commanders and their legion of bodyguards. Their knowledge of Fishing has taken them to invent the Imperial Longboat, which can travel longer distances than the normal oar ship can, bringing large amounts of troops with them.

The Nootka, living in the prairies of western North America, has taken instead to learn the art of Fishing. Worshipping the sun and the moon as the parents of their nation, they hold meetings between its members every month, with the eldest of them being in charge of holding and controlling the meeting. Their Dog Warriors are very powerful thanks to their special clubs that hold deadly flint shards, and their Canoes can take people further and faster than normal oar-ships thanks to its elongated form.

In the southern reaches of the continent, many kilometres from where Nootka sits, the Seri live unmolested by any neighbour and living off the Fishing in the sea, but they have already trained special hunters that combine great mobility and ability with meleé and short range weaponry with the ability of launching surprise attacks against the enemy. The worship of the spirits that supposedly live in many places around them keeps them in check and fearful of their Leader Despot.

Oceania

The only people that live in the desolate islands of the southeast, the Sarawak, live in a theodom ruled by the God Emperor, who lives in the Emperor's Palace, although he claims that his spirit is always living in the shrine of the Emperor's Throne, where only the Priest-Warden's and the strongest soldiers can go in. These soldiers become then the God's Warriors or Ka'vl Zessaea'sl, who usually travel with their Coast Jumpers or Ra'eln Qoidvi'sl, canoes designed especially for strike craft, although the quality of their Fishing rafts is also very good.

South America

Two nations inhabit South America, both of which are as different as night is from day, in spite of their similarities as a culture and a human race.

In the northern lands of this continent live the Chibchan, the second democracy in the world after Brundagana. In spite of their strategic position as the holders of the narrowest point between the two biggest oceans of the world, the Chibchan have only learned the art of producing Fire in a reliable way, which has nonetheless helped them set up a primitive sort of industry. Their gods, the Aztec, always ask for bloodthirsty rituals, which the Eagle Warriors provide by launching attacks against barbarian tribes and bringing people back to the temples, where the victims will be sacrificed.

In the middle of the Andes Mountains, the Inca Empire has taken hold of a good chunk of territory, unifying around the Emperor and the Inti religion. Like the Chibchan, they have learnt how to make Fire, but its main use is to heat the houses and the Emperor's palace rather than to keep the food safe, as the coldness of the high mountains is enough to keep food in good state. Their main god is Inti, the Sun God, which gives them heat and light even in the coldest winter, although there are some minor gods which are worshipped alongside Inti. The Terror Quechas, the elite warriors of the Empire, take the borders of the Incas further every year.

MAP:
Spoiler :

Other things and suggestions:

@everyone: a suggestion for furthering your expansion: those who know Fishing can build an Oar-Ship and take settlers along a river or the coast to put small colonies that, in time, would be able to join with the main zone of your nation. If you don't have that, I suggest that you take it as soon as possible.

@germanicus: you can do what you wish, however the best thing you can do right now is to get Fishing ASAP, as it is what will give you the biggest bonus, as well as doing what I told everyone.

Stats will be updated very soon. Also, I have completed the Classical Ages and the Dark Ages techs, and Middle Ages techs only lack a description. I'll try to get more wonders for the Bronze Age onwards.

You can already post your opinions and your stories.

MilarNES officially starts... NOW!

Deadline for Update 1 will be Thursday 26th February at 2 PM GMT+1 (8 AM EST).

Top Bottom