Ingame Editor

I don't know how that could have happened, I've never seen it before?

By the way DonQuiche, if you're looking for new features it would be nice to be able to select which civ a placed unit belongs to, or is that already possible and I'm looking in the wrong place? Regardless, congrats on 1000 replies!

Maybe its just me, but how do you delete a unit on the map (ok, I want to cheat and remove a barbarian roaming within my borders...:blush:)?

\Skodkim

No! I was already in a game when this happened. I was placing down Ships of the Line and somehow I enabled quick combat. In case my first post wasn't clear.

I was not making a game but already IN A GAME when this happened!
Go in the option menu after loading your game. You can enable/disable quick combat here in the middle of a game.

BTW congratz to the 1000. post:band:

Now that I see Skodkim's entry, I would like to also say that lately, +- since 7-10 Jan, everytime I use either IGE or Reseed to see whole map and re-close the Apps, the game has gone to Quick combat.

I'll try your answer Gedemon but if I remember the Quick Combat was not enabled at the options menu. I didn't think to click on and off again I'll try and let you guys know results.

Hello everyone. Sorry for the delay, I was away from any computer and Internet connexion for the last two weeks (those kind of places still exist, can you believe it ?). ;)

First of all, thanks to everyone for the 1000 posts. :beer:
Now, regarding the miscellaneous issues...

@Bergerperson for the quick combat setting
I have absolutely no idea about this. I do not think that IGE may cause this, though, since no part of its code uses the options API. Maybe a bug when switching civs ? That problem rings a bell in my head, though, so I may have heard about it before without any possibility to fix it.

@Pouakai for the "select the civ the new unit belongs to" request.
This actually already exists, this is the main purpose of the civ switching. :)
Click your civ on the top right corner of IGE, select a new civ, then spawn the unit. If you do not want to really impersonate the new civ (no "take seat" feature), you can enable the "safe mode" in IGE's options (right-click IGE).

@Skodkim and "how do you delete an unit".
From what I remember, I would bet on shift+click (left or right) when the units panel is selected. I suggest you read the panel's tool tip since every command is listed here (same for every panel).

Hello, I am having a frustrating problem with the IGE Mod. I am using a Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Here is the story:

First, I install the IGE Mod on my Civilization V. I uses it to load my latest save and while loading, I got these Texture Load error message:

• Unable to load texture [asset\UI\Art\Notification\NotificationIconsFreeSocialPolicy.dds]
• Unable to load texture [asset\UI\Art\Notification\NotificationIconsFreeSocialPolicyGlow2.dds]
• Unable to load texture [asset\UI\Art\Notification\NotificationIconsFreeGreatPerson.dds]
• Unable to load texture [asset\UI\Art\Notification\NotificationIconsFreeGreatPersonGlow2.dds]
• Unable to load texture [Assets\UI\Art\Icons\SocialPoliciesBranchBlackMask.dds]
• Unable to load texture [Art/IgeMenuIcons64.dds

Fortunately, my game loaded successfully and then I click to the IGE icon to begin editing. I then get another Texture Load error message:

• Unable to load texture [Assets\UI\Art\Icons\SocialPoliciesBranchBlackMask.dds]
• Unable to load texture [Art/IgeMenuIcons64.dds

However, everything went fine at first for about 30 minutes, but then somehow I cannot exit the IGE after clicking the "Escape" (x) button. Then, I click "Toggle Strategic View and my game crashes quitting unexpectedly. I reopen the game, but I cannot load the save game that I just tried the IGE mod on and it said "Currently enabled mods are not compatible with saved games". I removed the IGE mod from my folder and restarted the game, but I still can't load my save and got the same error message above even though my mod is not enabled and not even installed.:confused: The only mod I have is the IGE mod.

Hello Reino.

You either use a pirate version of civ5 (and a very bad one with that), one that is totally out-of-date (about no patch ever installed), or your install has been corrupted. Anyway, the answer to any of those problems is: fix your game, this is not an IGE probem.

On a side note, the "enabled mods are not compatible with saved games" message probably means you started your savegame with a mod that is now missing. Not IGE since this one is not tied to savegames (you can freely enable and disable it, and you will never encounter any error).

Anytime I try to launch a game with IGE enabled, it gives me the pre-game voice-over brief and then I get the pinwheel of death and it freezes. I am on a Mac. I can run the game fine otherwise. Any ideas on what might cause this?

Originally Posted by DonQuiche:
On a side note, the "enabled mods are not compatible with saved games" message probably means you started your savegame with a mod that is now missing. Not IGE since this one is not tied to savegames (you can freely enable and disable it, and you will never encounter any error).

Well, those Texture errors are not really the problem since I can still use the IGE to do what I want. The problem is that I still get the "enabled mods are not compatible with saved games" message despite the fact that I have the IGE mod in my MODS folder. Switching between enabling and disabling it does not work at all. If the IGE is not tied to save game, does that mean I cannot save game after using it to modify things ingame?

@Scabdates
Not only I have no idea but it sounds very weird since IGE does very few things on startup: all initialization is postponed until the first time you open it.
If you want to investigate it, I suggest you enable LUA logging (see post #2 on this thread) and edit IGE_Controller_All.lua to add print statements to it, such as :
Code:
IGE = {}

print("including API_All")
include("IGE_API_All")
print("including Controller_Debug")
include("IGE_Controller_Debug")
print("including Controller_Core")
include("IGE_Controller_Core")
print("including Controller_Fog")
include("IGE_Controller_Fog")
print("included everything")

@RinoAlsakan
The fact that IGE is not tied to savegame (NTTS) is a good thing: it means you can use it with games created without IGE, or, reciprocally, use games started with it while IGE is now missing. In other words, you are free to enable or disable it whenever you want. This is why I said the error message you saw cannot has been caused by IGE.

Either you created those savegames with a TTS mod, or the savegames you tried to load were created without a TTS mod that you now have enabled.

@RinoAlsakan
The fact that IGE is not tied to savegame (NTTS) is a good thing: it means you can use it with games created without IGE, or, reciprocally, use games started with it while IGE is now missing. In other words, you are free to enable or disable it whenever you want. This is why I said the error message you saw cannot has been caused by IGE.

Either you created those savegames with a TTS mod, or the savegames you tried to load were created without a TTS mod that you now have enabled.

Well, I have no other mod except for this one. What I noticed is that if I load a save game with IGE, its content would be changed somehow even though I saved right after it finished loading. Perhaps you can figure something out if you take a look at my save files. The "Before IGE" one is the original that I have not use IGE with yet.

Attachments

• France - Normal (Before IGE).Civ5Save
    647.1 KB · Views: 51
  • France - Normal (Loaded with IGE).Civ5Save
    647.2 KB · Views: 145
Civ5 saved a reference to IGE in your savegame. This is unexpected but not necessarily a bug (it does not necessarily mean that your savegame is now dependent of IGE). Anyway, IGE is flagged as "does not affect savegame". So maybe your IGE version is corrupted, maybe Firaxis messed up and now treat all mods as "affecting savegames", I do not know.

Anyway, there is nothing I can do on my end: IGE is flagged as "does not affect savegames", period. The rest is out of my hands.

Just ran some tests... No problem on my end, I can create a savegame without IGE, open it with IGE, save it, open it without IGE, etc. No error message ever and while the second savegame (with IGE) is different from the first one (without IGE), it does not contain any reference to IGE.

PS: Your savegame mentions the build number 98650 for civ5. Isn't it the version from 2010? It could be a bug that has been patched a long time ago.

Couple of thoughts as this editor is soooo good.
1) editing of a units skills
2) moving a city (why does the AI build the cities so close to each other?)

.. (why does the AI build the cities so close to each other?)

There are mods in the Workshop to change the minimum spacing used when the AI places cities.

First pass, new bug:
G&K playing via Steam, game and mods current as of post (CivUp and Enhanced were updated just before I loaded a current game).
Mods enabled are Communitas expansion - unofficial patch and enhanced, plus IGE.

IGE error shows as "line 235: attempt to index local 'param' (a number value)"

Will quit game, flush cache, etc., see if it happens again.

Ok, flushed cache, moduserdata, still get same error message re IGE can't start. Will do lua error log if you need it.

What file is throwing the error?

Just copy/paste the relevant lines from the Lua.log, if you have it.

Top Bottom