Ingame Editor

I am having trouble getting this mod to work. I have installed it both manually from here and from the Steam Workshop, load it through mods without any other mods running and the IGE menu button never appears. I am running windows vista x64 with Brave New World. I don't get any error messages, it just doesn't load. Any assistance is appreciated.

Happy Fourth!

@DonQuiche
Disappointing, I looked forward to deleting enemy units and surrounding over civilizations in the Barbarian equivalent units at the start of the game.

Still, thank you for the answer.

Great mod, period. Installed flawlessly on Windows 8, BNW. Clear the cache, clear the mods and bingo.

I came to use this one because I couldn't get "Really Advanced Setup" to work properly with huge maps. Personally, I like this one better because I don't have to necessarily do everything at the start, and can adjust things as I go to keep my advantages in-check.

I do have a few suggestions, if possible for future updates from things I've noticed.

1. Option to add rivers to terrain. That was easy, didn't realize that's what the blue arrows are.
2. If you "glance at the map", the fog comes back but the mini-map stays explored and won't display notifications for meeting city-states, discovering ancient ruins, and destroying barbarian encampments

Overall very satisfied, and great work. :xmascheers::hatsoff::bowdown:

Hello! I really am enjoying this mod, though I recently tried to use it with a mod known as "Super Powers Modpack" and I recieved this message upon clicking on the IGE icon ingame:

c:\Users\WSB\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Ingame Editor (v39)IGE_API_Misc.lua:21:attempt to compare number with string

Hope this is a quick fix!

Hello and welcome BugSquasher (what a fitting name ^^).

This problem is caused by this other mod and cannot be fixed by me (at best I could hide it), this is something you would encounter on some tool tips even without IGE.

It comes from a non-numerical yield value, probably a typo on one of the features, terrains or improvements declared in those mods.

I suggest you report it to Whoward instead with the details I just provided. You may also pinpoint the problem by yourself by looking at the terrains, features and improvements.xml files in those mods.

Thanks. I'll let the mod author know then. Shame I can't use IGE with it for now. So far its been pretty impressive in my regular playthrough of it.

It seems like whoward69's newest DLL - Various Mod Components breaks IGE when used with CEP. Trying to use IGE brings up the error that Valatros had:

IGE couldn't start, probably because of another mod.
Please report it on Steam or Civfanatics with the error below and the mod name so I can fix it quickly.
<Skull> line C:\Users]Atros\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Communitas AI and Tools (v 3)\Tools\TooltipWriter\TW_Init.lua:123: attempt to index a nil value TW_Init.lua: 123 (Value) InfoTooltipInclude.lua: 439 =(tailcall): -1() IGE_API_Data.lua: 1015 (SetBuildingsData)

It's sucks that this mod is having loads of issues with other mods out there. Ea mod does not like it, and now that? I REALLY hope that civilization: Beyond Earth have an in-built editor like civ 4 had so we don't have to deal with this issue... if they still don't, then I'm going to be very disappointed an ashamed how the civilization 4 in-built editor was not put to good use and pretty much thrown out to the wolfs.

It seems like whoward69's newest DLL - Various Mod Components breaks IGE when used with CEP. Trying to use IGE brings up the error that Valatros had:
Thank you but, again, this is a problem that exists in the Communitas + Whoward's dll couple with their tool tips' logic.

IGE only reveals problems that would arise in the regular course of the game. And there is nothing I can do, this must be reported to the Communitas team. Anyway they're kinda used to: Communitas is behind 80% of the bugs reported in the past months.

It's sucks that this mod is having loads of issues with other mods out there. Ea mod does not like it, and now that? I REALLY hope that civilization: Beyond Earth have an in-built editor like civ 4 had so we don't have to deal with this issue... if they still don't, then I'm going to be very disappointed an ashamed how the civilization 4 in-built editor was not put to good use and pretty much thrown out to the wolfs.
Same as above: IGE has no compatibility problem as people usually hear them. However, because IGE checks all data on start up, it reveals bugs that exist in other mods.

I am aware that everyone would like me to just instruct IGE to swallow it and shut up. I could do it. But if I were to do that then:
* The civ5 modding ecosystem would have a lot more bugs that would be hard to track and understand, and could rot your savegames and cause crashes later in the game. IGE is popular enough, therefore mods' authors get the notice and their users ask for them to fix their mods.
* People would report to me a lot of weird and incomprehensible bugs that would be actually caused by those earlier errors in mods. And this would make me lose a lot of time.

All in all, I think this annoyance prevents a greater annoyance for them and for me.

My only regret is that I should have changed the message for something like "Another one of your mod has errors. IGE was stopped because of it."

Thank you but, again, this is a problem that exists in the Communitas + Whoward's dll couple with their tool tips' logic.

IGE only reveals problems that would arise in the regular course of the game. And there is nothing I can do, this must be reported to the Communitas team. Anyway they're kinda used to: Communitas is behind 80% of the bugs reported in the past months.

Same as above: IGE has no compatibility problem as people usually hear them. However, because IGE checks all data on start up, it reveals bugs that exist in other mods.

I am aware that everyone would like me to just instruct IGE to swallow it and shut up. I could do it. But if I were to do that then:
* The civ5 modding ecosystem would have a lot more bugs that would be hard to track and understand, and could rot your savegames and cause crashes later in the game. IGE is popular enough, therefore mods' authors get the notice and their users ask for them to fix their mods.
* People would report to me a lot of weird and incomprehensible bugs that would be actually caused by those earlier errors in mods. And this would make me lose a lot of time.

All in all, I think this annoyance prevents a greater annoyance for them and for me.

My only regret is that I should have changed the message for something like "Another one of your mod has errors. IGE was stopped because of it."

Well if this mod actually served a bug catcher, then this is useful for everyone to be honest. I didn't noticed this mod was actually used as this secondary purpose then turning your civilization 5 game into a creative mode in a way.

Hello
I don't know if the solution is somewhere in this thread but after selecting reveal map, how do you unreveil it? Right now I can see al enemy units and it feels kinda cheap

The editor will not show up in game for me.

• Windows 8.1
  • fresh install with a cleared cache
  • no other mods installed
  • Ingame Editor shows up in the mod list
  • click next, single player, no icon in game
  • Ctrl-I doesn't do anything

The only thing I can think of is that I'm not running the game from my C: drive. Could that cause a problem?

This mod looks great, as I can't get the worldbuilder to work.

Can it add/remove victory conditions ingame?

@Grishnikov_007
Click on the same button again.

@Caesus
No it has nothing to do with the folder paht and everything I could tell you is already written on the first page of this thread.

@Clinton
No, the game does not allow mods to change them the game has started.

So I just downloaded this mod, and I love it. The only thing I would like added would be to change who owns units/cities, and adding in city-states. If there is a way in-game already, please tell me how. If you can't add it in for some reason, I understand. Just wanted to give a suggestion.

I'm getting the message "unable to load texture(art/igetopIcons.dds)" while trying to set up a new game or load a save game, after enabling the IGE(v.39.1). I tried to enable it alone, to enable it with other mods, tried to erase cache, what's the problem??

I have the latest (fall patch if i'm not mistaken) patch, still not working... any version of IGE doesn't work..

help! :(

I have BNW and the ingame editor keeps crashing everytime i click on an AI babylon city and attempt to view its buildings....why is it doing that? Is there a way to view the current output of an enemy city? Im trying to figure out how babylon keeps outteching me despite my massive economy bonus and the fact that i have captured their capital...

Also is there a way to shift a city's position using the editor? I can figure out how to delete a city but not how to add a new one...

Top Bottom