Civilization V: Brave New World Fall Patch Public Beta

The Hanse seems very good, diversifies Germany's niche.

Seems to promote late-game warfare and synergizes with Panzer decently enough. Play the tech game up through Renaissance, then push straight to Panzer with +35% or more production, -25% maintenance. Throw on Lightning warfare for 7 move 92 strength tanks that ignore ZOC.

These sound like very nice improvements Dennis, we appreciate the good work you've done!

Awe, I must have misread it as 5 hammers. Oh well its ok then, still good, but not as game changing as I initially thought.
I recommend trying it.:) 5% should be powerful enough.:)

Do samurais dissapear after finishing boat?

No, this is essentially a worker action for them. Your Samurai embarks, moves to an improvable sea resource, and then a worker action appears allowing you to create a fishing boat. You can do this with as many sea resources as you have within your borders.

Btw folks, what the devs are after is bugs. Try to break the game. Find crashes, stuff that won't work. Remember to always make detailed steps to reproduce and attach logs and saves from before stuff happens.

It would be a good idea to go to the documents/my games/civ folder and change the settings in the usersettings.txt to something like this:

[AutoSave]

TurnsBetweenAutosave = 1

NumAutosavesKept = 500

Good bug hunting! :)

I recommend trying it.:) 5% should be powerful enough.:)

Yes, you are right. With even 3 allies, thats 15% in any city you build it in. Should make Germany viable for multiple win conditions besides war. Going diplomatic by encouraging city state trade routes, and building more banks than normal so gold will go up too.

No, this is essentially a worker action for them. Your Samurai embarks, moves to an improvable sea resource, and then a worker action appears allowing you to create a fishing boat. You can do this with as many sea resources as you have within your borders.

Love the patch overall. I like when you try to change the way the game is played with the Uniques. It keeps the game fresh and entertaining. Can't wait to try out Japan. Thanks!

Got it to tun.
Very first imprssion: processing turns takes longer :(.

No, I started a new game with the patch. I was playing a game earlier today and it just feels a bit slower.

I think what Dennis means is do you have a pre patch save and a post patch save to compare with? :)

Japan still feels very weak compared to other civs.
Germany will take a bit more playing to get a feel for, but im not very impressed so far.

Other than that, good work on the patch.

Cheers.

I think what Dennis means is do you have a pre patch save and a post patch save to compare with? :)

Oh.
Uhm, no. I regularly clear my save folder after I finish a game. I only have post-patch autosaves.

Oh.
Uhm, no. I regularly clear my save folder after I finish a game. I only have post-patch autosaves.

A good test is to opt out of the beta, play to a save point for comparison and time the "end turn". Then patch it, load the save, and end your turn so you can do a direct comparison.

OK. Can you estimate the difference? Post a post patch save just in case someone else has a save they can compare with.

EDIT: Or do as Dennis suggest.:p Didn't think of that. Doh.

Top Bottom