Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

I hate jungles. I recently started a game as Russia and was placed on a continent that was almost all jungle. I gave up after my worker hoard which was clearing the jungle collapsed my economy.

Many thanks to roland and king....

i was using french empire and due to wanna faster a build a new city,i accidently build the city surrounded by jungles and i examine the city and it is not growing,i haven research iron working yet....:sad:
thanks for the advice on these....:goodjob:
oh yeah if one of my french city is in the middle of russia and chinese cities like on the left and right,i found out that the piece of french soil,mines,windmill and the city nationality decreases quite gradually,any way of maintaining it?:confused:
i try building courthouse and those that improve :health:....
thanks

The culture production by your cities and your opponents cities defines your borders. So to maintain your borders, you need to produce more culture in this city by for instance creating more culture producing buildings or by hiring a few artists. But it can be hard to maintain the borders of a city surrounded by opposing civilisations. Maybe, it was doomed from the start.

Has anyone else noticed, that this thread is now so large, that clicking on it to bring up the latest posts, actually brings the whole internet to a halt for a few seconds :lol:

In all seriousness though, every other thread comes up almost instantly when clicked, this thread though, now runs with a several........ second.................. delay....................................

And I just made it worse ...sorrrryyy :mischief:

Sorry, I have another question. This time it is about off shore oil rigs. How do I build them? I have a work boat and it is in the water, but there is no option to build. (yes I have the plastics tech BTW) Is there a certain place where I have to put them?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I have another question. This time it is about off shore oil rigs. How do I build them? I have a work boat and it is in the water, but there is no option to build. (yes I have the plastics tech BTW) Is there a certain place where I have to put them?

Thanks in advance.

Only on a source of oil (the black stuff in the sea)..

Do enemy cities disrupt the ability to trade on a river? In the picture for instance, I'm getting ready to attack Montezuma, but will Xochicalco make it so that Lisbon will no longer have access to my copper?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 92
Do enemy cities disrupt the ability to trade on a river? In the picture for instance, I'm getting ready to attack Montezuma, but will Xochicalco make it so that Lisbon will no longer have access to my copper?

That depends a bit on the availability of alternative routes through other civilisations. Maybe even routes that your can't even see yet because the territory hasn't been viewed recently.

But yes, Xochicalco will block that traderoute if it's the only possible way for copper to reach Lisbon.

Assuming there are is no other route (through Joao's territory for instance), then yes - the trade route will be cut off when you declare war on the Aztecs, until you take the city of Xochicalco (or create an alternative route).

It's the same thing as barbarian cities on rivers - they'll always block trade routes until you capture them.

EDIT: Whoops, beaten to it... I shouldn't open up multiple threads and reply to them much later. ;)

Here's one that's been bothering me since I got the game: Is there a way to keep playing after a victory has been achieved? I own only Civ IV and have been playing a bit for a month now and this really bothers me. Back in the days of Civ II one could continue to play after victory.

Here's one that's been bothering me since I got the game: Is there a way to keep playing after a victory has been achieved? I own only Civ IV and have been playing a bit for a month now and this really bothers me. Back in the days of Civ II one could continue to play after victory.

After a victory, you are asked whether you want to continue playing. You should have encountered that scenario after you have reached a victory condition.

I've reached a cultural and a space race victory so far. In both cases the game records the score and doens't give me the option to continue with playing. Which is rather frustrating since my Carrier groups don't get to wreak havoc. :(

I've reached a cultural and a space race victory so far. In both cases the game records the score and doens't give me the option to continue with playing. Which is rather frustrating since my Carrier groups don't get to wreak havoc. :(

You should get the option to play 'one more turn'.

You should get the option to play 'one more turn'.
Yes - after the high score is recorded, it should flash back to the game screen with the options "Just one more turn" or "I'm done" (or something like those). Avoid clicking "I'm done" and you'll get to play on as long as you like. :)

Hmmm, I must have been clicking the wrong button in all the excitement. Will be more mindful of endgame buttons from now on. Thanks guys.

is there a way to set vitory conditions like in civ III?

I know what REX is in a nutshell, but what does the abbreviation stand for?

Why was my fully healthy level 5 modern armor beaten by a fricking axeman?

It is beaten by the same reason an archer can take out two people simultaneously. It is random, but sometimes the best unit in the game can be taken out by a warrior. (it happened to me. Mech infintry, vs a warrior, warrior won.)

I have a question about missile boats. (i forget their actual name. They are the Aegis cruiser.) I says that it has a cargo space for 4 missiles. How do I load cruise missiles into its silos?

Thanks.

Top Bottom