How to get Manes???

ArkhanTheBlack

Warlord
I'm playing a Hyborem/Infernals game now, but I'm wondering how to get Manes. According to the manual dead evil units join the infernals as Manes, however I attacked Svartalvar which are evil and killed at least a zillion units from them, but I never got even one mane for fifty rounds now (= Never). How's that supposed to work with the manes?

1) Kill units which worship an evil religion(CoE, OO, AV). It's not enough for the empire's state religion to be evil - the individual unit has to have come out with an evil religion.

2) Raze a city that belongs to an evil empire. Note, this only lowers the AC if the city had AV in it.

Okay, that explains it. I didn't know that they need an evil religion. The manual only describes that an evil unit is needed, not a unit with an evil religion.

Thanks for clarifying!

@somepersons

You must make the choice to raze a city before you take possession of it. Thus, it does not automatically get Ashen Veil just before you raze it.

However, you do need to make sure that your victim did not already have AV...
But, you get TWO manes for a neutral city and only one for an evil city, so you should take that into consideration when declaring war.

it did automatically gain AV before decision to keep/raze, until patch G.

unfortunately, this causes OOS issues in MP each time the infernals conquer a city, which will hopefully get fixed soon.

If you are playing FF, then there is a bug stopping manes and angels from being gifted.

Top Bottom