Jungle...

GiantLittleDog

Warlord
So I kinda thought you could put trading posts on jungle tiles, and now I've pretty much built my whole strategy around not clearing jungle tiles, I've gotten the culture bonus pantheon, researched guilds, education's next, my workers are in place, and... I can't build the goddamn trading posts. I guess in BNW you can't place TPs on jungle anymore? What do you do instead, are there other improvements later on? Do I have to put landmarks there or what?

Can I save this game at all? :(

Yes, you can put trading posts on jungle tiles. Not on jungle tiles with other resources on them, but you can with normal ones.

OP mentions researching the guilds. Posting save would be the best way to see what's wrong

Oh I didn't know you could place trading posts only on tiles without resources. That kind of makes no sense at all for a trading post. So does this mean I can't improve my bananas and also keep the culture? No other improvements can be built on jungle tiles?

Oh I didn't know you could place trading posts only on tiles without resources. That kind of makes no sense at all for a trading post. So does this mean I can't improve my bananas and also keep the culture? No other improvements can be built on jungle tiles?

Correct, that's exactly what it means. Hence, a lot of people leave bananas unimproved, as they take a long time to improve and generally aren't worth the time. Most people TP jungles because nothing else can be built on them.

Yep. I have no idea when it was changed as you used to be able to, but it was quite a while ago apparently. It's pretty stupid that a banana tile is now worse than a normal jungle tile because you can't put a TP on it...

Will I eventually be able to put anything else on those banana tiles? Great person improvements or something?

Well I want to keep the jungle because of my +1 culture pantheon, which is why I wanted those TPs in the first place. So I guess I'll have to mod TPs to be buildable on resources, but I tried that and it didn't work. :(

Top Bottom