Poland Social Policies

Felix953

Chieftain
What type of social policies should I choose when playing with Poland, Tradition, Aesthetics.......

Whatever you want :) just remember you'll be getting a lot of them so plan accordingly. I actually had my first Immortal win with Poland, they're stupidly good. As I recall I filled out all of Tradition, Liberty, Commerce, Rationalism and the entire set of Order (ie 3 level 3 tenets).

Won a science victory easily, sending 6 FU nukes Rome's way the turn before I did. Have fun!

Poland isn't a civ that has an implicit strategy. There's no risk/reward proposition, just some freebies. Do whatever you please--wide, tall, science, culture, domination, trade, whatever looks appealling at the time. Because of this, they're one of the easier civ's around. Try playing them on a higher difficulty than you normally would.

Poland isn't a civ that has an implicit strategy. There's no risk/reward proposition, just some freebies. Do whatever you please--wide, tall, science, culture, domination, trade, whatever looks appealling at the time. Because of this, they're one of the easier civ's around. Try playing them on a higher difficulty than you normally would.

yes regarding policies poland is the most flexible civ.

adopt your choices to the land you got. for example:
alot of pasture around more then near the capital and enough happiness? go liberty, maybe if u get an early got panthenon take piety.
alot of barbarians? choose honor (count the number of closeby camps and go for them)

as poland its kinda easy to get one more tree until you reach the ideologies, but still dont open every tree.

tradition-->consulates-->rationalism seems to be the strongest overall path right now, if you are playing on pangea with city states. so if you do this as Poland, you will do it faster than everyone else and have a big advantage.

When I played Poland, I played my game differently, teching age to age as it were. Each time I entered a new age, I chose a patronage policy. Then I charted the fastest path to the next age.

Rationalism should almost always be a tree competed for anybody, including Poland.

And everybody normally starts with either a Tradition or Liberty opening (or to lesser extent Piety).

Where Poland's edge UA comes in to play is it gets to fill an entire second tree before Rean era starts; which in theory can be one of the above, but could also be full Aesthetics (if wanting to push a cultural victory) or full Patronage if wanting all city state advantages.

One thing I've done with Poland that worked well was to open both tradition and liberty early. Tradition to get the big culture boost from opening it, then move over to liberty for workers, settlers, pyramids, etc. Finish liberty then move back to tradition and take legalism after you already have 4 cities with monuments, and you can get 4 free amphitheatres.

One thing I've done with Poland that worked well was to open both tradition and liberty early. Tradition to get the big culture boost from opening it, then move over to liberty for workers, settlers, pyramids, etc. Finish liberty then move back to tradition and take legalism after you already have 4 cities with monuments, and you can get 4 free amphitheatres.

Why do you want free amphitheaters? I find the four free monuments much more useful now that amphitheater's are kind of a waste until you fill them with great works.

Well for me free monuments are better as well. Since early on i do not have much gold. And being able to hard build shrine or library in expansion just seems like better idea.

As for Poland, im not sure what is best use of it, using it for collective rule is a decent thing. We can even build Pyramids and just skip the right side. From the other side... just fast finish Tradicion, and then grab Consulates, or just start the thing with Aesthetic... also nice.

Poland have just more power than player have ideas what to do with.

I'd also use Legalism for Monuments with the Polish Tradition + Liberty combo. (Next would be Rationalism)

If I really wanted Amphitheater quicker as Poland (say a strong cultural victory push) is Tradition (full tree) first and Aesthetics (full tree) second; and start those cultural buildings after that 1st level policy speeds up construction of cultural buildings. (Next would be Rationalism, but at some point I'd open Exploration for the Lourve)

Another interesting combo is Piety + Tradition. This would be Piety first (so the free Great Prophet gets born fast enough) then Tradition. Plan on choosing Jesuit Priests as Reformation. And the 3rd policy would be Rationalism.

As of now Tradition -> Consolates -> Rationalism is the optimal choice considering the many food/culture/faith/happiness bonus you get from CS. Piety gives you some minor faith that Consolates could give more. In fact, Consolates might make it obsolete for a religious civ to even build Temples.

For Poland, you're completing Tradition quicker, getting to Consolates quicker, and all of this helps you to get Rationalism unlocked quicker. Effectively, they're pretty damn good at everything because of the growth/science bonus you get indirectly from completing social policies quicker. Since they seem to have a plains? bias, they also have pretty good production.

I say Tradition opener -> Liberty tree is also very viable (don't complete Tradition afterwards) for a warmongering game. After liberty go for Consolates and Rationalism again or get the free culture buildings/Monarchy for happiness issues.

They really are super flexible. They do marvelously with a growth-oriented Science/Culture-focused path, since they're free to choose divergent policies or power through trees to finishers faster, or can complete Patronage way faster and steam to a diplo win, or even do well with an Honor-based warmongering path, as the Winged Hussars are basically the melee brother of the Keshik. Everything about them is simple, but super potent. An entire tree's worth of free policies throughout the game, probably the most powerful Renaissance UU out there that is still competitive to the Industrial, and what may well be the best UB in the game in the Ducal Stable. They're a civ that sounds very simple and shrug-worthy on paper, but in practice make for one of the most powerful civs yet.

Top Bottom