What would be a scenario you would have to try if it was available?

GreekIrish

Chieftain
Like most people, I barely even touch scenarios, but is there one that you would just have to play if someone made it? I think a 100 years war scenario on a huge map, if done right, could be a blast. What do you guys think?

Actually, since Civ V is comparatively tactical, I had thought it wouldn't be too difficult to do an actual battle scenario. Gettysburg for example. Infantry, Cavalry, artillery, and horse artillery.

More New Imperialism-themed scenarios! Sure, we got the Scramble for Africa, but we certainly need the colonization of the Pacific (England, France, Germany, Austria, Japan, America, Russia, the Netherlands...), and the carving up of the Ottoman Empire, and the attempt made by England and Germany to try to turn some South American countries into colonies, and, and...

A scenario where you can be nationalist china or communist and the goal is to capture china and during the game the Japanese come and you get an event/option where you can choose whether you want to be ally with your enemy or fight both Japanese and foe which most likely you will die unless you are a really good player. If you choose to ally you fight the Japanese until there gone and you fight you're until one of you are dead.

Basically, I'd love to see some scenarios with some creativity to them. The only firaxis scenario I really enjoyed playing was Smokey Skies, because they actually took the time to change a lot of stuff in the tech tree and policies, and even added some new victory mechanics even if they were a bit bland. Compared to scenarios and mods I've downloaded, Firaxis seems to lack creativity in coming up with these things as they're basically just the base game.. but with a lot of eras removed. As opposed to a real immersive experience that really fleshes out an era, for example.

Anyways, if they came out with some new creative scenarios I'd love it because I've been pleasantly surprised with some of the amazing new mechanics and gameplay ideas I've come across in mods. But if they're just basically huge maps with the tech tree cut down to one era and consist of spamming units until you roll over some AIs, I'm very MEH about that idea. I'd rather they put out more content in the form of DLC playable civs or balanced MP maps than half assed scenarios.

I would love a cold war scenario, where all countries except the SU and the USA are city states, because all the victory conditions make sense for that scenario. You could win by winning the space race (science victory), win a diplo victory by allying all the city states, win by influencing your opponent with your tourism (culture victory) or just win by capturing your opponents capitol.

All of the scenarios so far seem to revolve around war, I'd like to see one where the ultimate goal is something like spreading your religion the farthest, doing the best in science, etc.

What scenarios/maps do I want? Two words.
CHOKE POINTS

More New Imperialism-themed scenarios! Sure, we got the Scramble for Africa, but we certainly need the colonization of the Pacific (England, France, Germany, Austria, Japan, America, Russia, the Netherlands...)

this.
:agree:

Red Dawn... "The stock market closed forever today, with Soviet troops on a victory parade down Wall Street"

I'd have to do a Revolutionary War scenario as a good American.

I think Civ V has a particularly good selection of scenarios. Ironically (since I haven't yet played it) I'd say Scramble for Africa is a setting I'd "have to play". The only scenario I've played more than once, however, is the 1066 one, which I like a lot but which unfortunately uses vanilla combat mechanics so is difficult to return to now.

I might go for a "true" Britannia scenario based on the board game of the same name - 1066 has much of the same feel, but with a much more restricted scope at the end of the period Britannia represents. This would basically model the successive pre-Norman invasions of England, and conflict among the varied indigenous factions, each with its own set of victory conditions.

All of the scenarios so far seem to revolve around war, I'd like to see one where the ultimate goal is something like spreading your religion the farthest, doing the best in science, etc.

Several of them are more flexible than that, and the Polynesia scenario seems to actively discourage war.

A scenario where you can be nationalist china or communist and the goal is to capture china and during the game the Japanese come and you get an event/option where you can choose whether you want to be ally with your enemy or fight both Japanese and foe which most likely you will die unless you are a really good player. If you choose to ally you fight the Japanese until there gone and you fight you're until one of you are dead.

Aside from the time period, this sounds essentially identical to the existing Invasion of Korea scenario (Korea has to call on Chinese and/or Manchu allies to survive Japanese invasion, and each non-Korean faction has to capture target cities to win).

A scenario based on Hannibal's invasion of Rome. That would be an awesome scenario. P.S. I play scenarios more then I play the free play mode.

Top Bottom