Policy synergies

BornSlippy

Warlord
I read through a thread a guy made where there was a vote of popularity on the different policies/policy trees. It was interesting to see how badly the newer trees fared overall.

It made me wonder a little about how "new" ciV and "old" ciV synergizes and how much thought people put into their voting. For example:

- Naval Tradition under Exploration gives +1 happiness to (amongst others) harbors. This synergizes with Meritocracy under Liberty which gives +1 happiness for each city connecting to the capital. On a lot of different maps this makes the Harbor a +2 happiness building boosting trade and opening up for Seaports, which is pretty damn strong, especially for ICS on archipelago.

- Consulates under Patronage opens up for mass CS friends which matches nicely with Aestethics' Fine Arts which converts happiness to culture. In a three-four city game growing tall you're likely to be swimming in happiness anyway, so this makes a nice match.

Which other synergies can you think of in the policy trees, that may or may not be obvious?

I read through a thread a guy made where there was a vote of popularity on the different policies/policy trees. It was interesting to see how badly the newer trees fared overall.

It made me wonder a little about how "new" ciV and "old" ciV synergizes and how much thought people put into their voting. For example:

- Naval Tradition under Exploration gives +1 happiness to (amongst others) harbors. This synergizes with Meritocracy under Liberty which gives +1 happiness for each city connecting to the capital. On a lot of different maps this makes the Harbor a +2 happiness building boosting trade and opening up for Seaports, which is pretty damn strong, especially for ICS on archipelago.

- Consulates under Patronage opens up for mass CS friends which matches nicely with Aestethics' Fine Arts which converts happiness to culture. In a three-four city game growing tall you're likely to be swimming in happiness anyway, so this makes a nice match.

Which other synergies can you think of in the policy trees, that may or may not be obvious?

Full Commerce and Rationalism. +1 science from Trading posts and +1 Gold. A trading post jungle is now 2:c5food:3:c5gold:3:c5science:. Every day is a golden age!

The first combo I found in BNW was liberty/commerce/order working together. If you can put together the commerce cheaper buildings policy, the order cheaper buildings policy, and Big Ben, then you can found cities and buy every building you want for very little money (and commerce will give you a bunch of additional money too!). With the order policies that benefit a large empire, this can be a very effective late game wide strategy, or can just save a ton of hammers on a tall strategy, and transfer into an effective tall warmongering machine late on.

The $ discount one is good. I tried it once but the full effect of it comes a little late IMO. However, you can time it to get very cheap research labs and such, whch is awesome.

Are there any ideologies that add to trading posts? Don't think so.

Top Bottom