Warrior code not working for Boers

Foeniksa

Chieftain
Hi all,

I could not find a post describing this bug, so I am posting it here. I am playing as the Boers in the scenario Scramble for Africa.

The bug is:
I do not get the 15% bonus production for melee military from the social policy "Warrior code" when producing the special boer rifleman guy.

Has anyone else encountered this or a similar bug?

People have been saying that gunpowder units do not count as melee units. Only melee units from previous eras that are actually bearing melee weapons get these 'melee bonuses'. This actually seems to have been the case since vanilla and so probably is intended. It's just not well documented (not at all basically).

People have been saying that gunpowder units do not count as melee units. Only melee units from previous eras that are actually bearing melee weapons get these 'melee bonuses'. This actually seems to have been the case since vanilla and so probably is intended. It's just not well documented (not at all basically).

Thank you, I did not know that. I guess I was trying to find an excuse for the x-th elimination by the English or Portuguese. :)

Top Bottom