Finished AoI; more scenarios?

Mesix

The Allfather
I finished Age of Ice. Nicely done (as if there was any doubt that it would be). I have been playing the Fall From Heaven mods since the first version was released. Kael and Company do a great job. Now can we expect some more official scenarios besed in the FfH world, or is AoI a one shot one kill scenario?

I finished Age of Ice. Nicely done (as if there was any doubt that it would be). I have been playing the Fall From Heaven mods since the first version was released. Kael and Company do a great job. Now can we expect some more official scenarios besed in the FfH world, or is AoI a one shot one kill scenario?

We have 18 more scenarios planned. But first we need to write the game that can support those mechanics, which is what ffh2 is.

18, with Age of Ice 19... And then you'll make "the One to Rule them All"? :D

18 more scenarios? Be still my beating heart lol. I thoroughly enjoyed the AOI scenario, and I can't believe the quality AND the quantity of the stuff you guys are putting out- for free.

I love FFH, but all of you devs are nuts. Really. I've enjoyed FFH far more than many games I've paid good money for, and more than most "official" Civ material over the years, too. (and I've been into the Civ scene since the original game in the early 90's.)

It's high time Firaxis or someone hired you on with 'em, or at least threw some money at you for all of your efforts.

18 more scenarios? Be still my beating heart lol. I thoroughly enjoyed the AOI scenario, and I can't believe the quality AND the quantity of the stuff you guys are putting out- for free.

I love FFH, but all of you devs are nuts. Really. I've enjoyed FFH far more than many games I've paid good money for, and more than most "official" Civ material over the years, too. (and I've been into the Civ scene since the original game in the early 90's.)

It's high time Firaxis or someone hired you on with 'em, or at least threw some money at you for all of your efforts.

Yeah FFH2 could easily be a stand alone game. Too bad it would probably take a few hundred thousand dollars in royalties to firaxis and gamebryo to sell it as such :(

And guys don't even want the donations... Really generous =).
Say thank you to the Firaxis for the modding possibilities and say Great Thanks to the Kael and team for this hard work.

I love ffh2 but I only wish that they would stop using material from other sources :(
Also, I would wish that they finish the civilopedia. A lot of cool looking things just say 'no entry'
Lastly, it would be awesome if they could make their own cut scenes for wonders

I love ffh2 but I only wish that they would stop using material from other sources :(

Not sure what you mean here. I doubt there is a mod in the world that doesn't use some material from other mod's. However, I would be shocked if you find any other mod with more original material than FfH has. So, how many mods out there ahave taken element from FfH?

If you are referring to artwork, doesn't the tremendous artwork they get make the game better?

Best wishes,

Breunor

well yeah, but if their artwork is so great, why do they need those other sources?

These guys have done a vast amount of work, over several years, to produce one of the best mods- of ANY game- that I've ever seen, and they don't make a penny from it.

I'll bet that the fact that they draw from other sources for the artwork, music, etc., is a BIG part of what's made FFH possible at all. If they'd relied entirely on original material for everything, FFH would have required a paid staff of dozens, a cost of millions, and a boxed retail edition at full cost for all of us who have enjoyed their efforts.

Sure, even at this stage, FFH has rough edges that wouldn't impress me if I'd paid $50 for it. But I DIDN'T. IT WAS FREE. Rebel, instead of critiquing it as if it were a retail product, I'd suggest you just say a well deserved thanks to the devs for what is obviously a labor of love.

yeah, I suppose you're right, blueparrot. these people must have spent a ton of effort and time on this, but I'm just pointing these things out so that they can fix it later with patches or people could do it themselves. I didn't mean to attack the FfH team.

yeah, I suppose you're right, blueparrot. these people must have spent a ton of effort and time on this, but I'm just pointing these things out so that they can fix it later with patches or people could do it themselves. I didn't mean to attack the FfH team.

Well, I have to say, I still don't get it. If they can get that great art from Jason, why not use it? Why would the game be better using WORSE art that is original? Sometime programmers aren't great artists, especially for the VOLUME of art needed in FfH.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I don't know. maybe Jason just didn't feel like drawing archery ranges. He was too busy drawing dragons... and AOM was sitting on the counter...

The token thing for me is stoping me from posting. I blame my computer for the glitch cuz my computer sucks at life.

Wow, guy....you critique this mod as if you had made a better one....pretty off-putting....you have done a good job of looking like an ungrateful arse though, so kudos there. :)

You can critique things without making them yourself.
I don't see anyone in this thread disparaging the mod.

Yeah, no stress. I dont think anything was said in bad spirits. I would love to have all unique art too, but there is a few problems with that:

1. With limited resources the FfH artists spend their time on things we can't get from the internet (models and units) instead of things we can (2d pictures).

2. Good 2d art is very time consuming to produce.

3. We dont have a good 2d artist on the team. Thats a different skill set that the ability to produce models and textures.

4. Its hard to compete with the quality of artists like Brom and Jason Engle. Even if we did switch to all original art we are unlikely to get pieces as evocative and beautiful as those produced by the worlds best fantasy artists.

Top Bottom