FfH + BUGmod

Falc

Warlord
I'm quite partial to some of the interface enhancements from BUGmod, so I would like to know how to combine these two.

I have BUGmod installed in my CustomAssets. When I tried out another mod earlier today (NecroCristi) I was a bit surprised to see that BUGmod was active. After checking I found no trace of it in the NecroCristi folder, so I assumed it was loading the BUGmod on its own from my CustomAssets.

Comparing the .ini files, I indeed noted that NecroCristi has NoCustomArt and NoCustomAssets set to 0 while FfH has them set to 1 by default.

HOWEVER...

Changing those values for FfH did not enable BUGmod in FfH! Is there something else blocking it? Something else I need to do to enable it?

It is because of the CustomAssets tag that it was working in NecroCristi. But also because the files in NecroCristi were similar to Vanilla in all the right places. FfH is not.

I worked with the BUGmod guys for a little while, and they couldn't find an easy solution to blend the two mods together. I have been occasionally making attempts to get Sevopedia and a few other aspects of BUG to work with FfH, but basically you have to re-write the entire BUG to get things to work well.

For minor example: Sevopedia uses the default CIV categories in the Civlopedia. It freaks out when you add in a Spells category. The "Mood Mod" that shows a smiley face in the scoreboard to indicate leader's attitude toward you doesn't understand that FfH displays Alignment in that spot... Lots of little places where the mods interfere with each other in unexpected ways.

Top Bottom