Chompin' at the bit

foxtrotoso

Chieftain
So getting caught up on a bit of Warhammer fantasy as I'm just getting started in the system (been playing 40k for a number of years) and stumbled upon this mod as I ventured about the web. Seeing as how I love Civ4 and I'm an up and coming Fantasy fan, it seemed like a match made in heaven.

As I begin to find download links, I see in giant red letters that this isn't compatible for BTS 3.19 which is what I currently have. Doing a bit of research into this predicament, I do see you folks are working on porting it over to said patch.

Here's the question now...

Can I install another copy of Civ4 on my machine without having to uninstall my current copy so as I can play this mod?

Welcome to the WH mod mate :D :wavey:

thanks for your interest :)

Can I install another copy of Civ4 on my machine without having to uninstall my current copy so as I can play this mod?

hmm im not sure about this at all. you could try renaming your current Civ directory to something like 'Civilization3.19' and then install it again. then when you want to swap to the other version of civ just rename the other one to 'Civilization3.17' and the 'Civilization3.19' back to regular old 'Civilization'.

I have NO idea if that would work with the whole game though. it works with mods (i do it all the time with the plethora of WH mod versions on my computer) but it can be annoying sometimes.

Were getting really close to solving these CTDs so far and will be able to get back into serious modding pretty soon i hope (touch wood!) so keep an eye out ;)

Top Bottom