Warhammer Heart of Chaos - Download and Current Changelog

Art errors are known for the moment. Crash bugs are the highest priority. I don't think anything is quite *properly" implemented yet.

Getting a feel for tech beaker costs and how we should tweak them will be useful to.

It runs fine for me. The load time is improved with art compression, but still slow due to the very large amounts of loaded art.

The entire Fall Further artpack FFPak051.FPK is being loaded which is 550 megabytes in size, in addition to the WHoCPak004.FPK which is 367MB. I also wonder if there's some duplication between those, ie graphics put into WHoCPak004.FPK which are also present in FFPak051.FPK.

In later versions you could probably improve mod size and loadtime even more by extracting the FFPak051.FPK and WHoCPak004.FPK into a single Art folder with PakBuild, deleting any unused or duplicate artfiles, then recompressing to a single FPK file.

PL I like the various artfiles/buttons youve made or dug up, youve been busy behind the scenes! I see the NIF art for Tanner etc are already present in Pedia, I'd guess you just need to add some DDS buttons and hopefully that should fix any crash.

In later versions you could probably improve mod size and loadtime even more by extracting the FFPak051.FPK and WHoCPak004.FPK into a single Art folder with PakBuild, deleting any unused or duplicate artfiles, then recompressing to a single FPK file.

This sounds like a great idea.

I confirm much faster loading, but it can still take some time.

yes (with the 3 techs deleted xml)...

yes

brilliant :)

It runs fine for me. The load time is improved with art compression, but still slow due to the very large amounts of loaded art.

cool. do you get the same xml errors that nelia was talking about orlanth?

The entire Fall Further artpack FFPak051.FPK is being loaded which is 550 megabytes in size, in addition to the WHoCPak004.FPK which is 367MB. I also wonder if there's some duplication between those, ie graphics put into WHoCPak004.FPK which are also present in FFPak051.FPK.

redirecting all the art paths will be a large job, i think its fairly minor at the moment though. but i agree, eventually it needs to be done.

PL I like the various artfiles/buttons youve made or dug up, youve been busy behind the scenes! I see the NIF art for Tanner etc are already present in Pedia, I'd guess you just need to add some DDS buttons and hopefully that should fix any crash.

teehee :D glad you like :) and yeh, once i get photoshop i can *finally* make more buttons for the remaining pink squares (including the greenskin civs buttons )

do you get the same xml errors that nelia was talking about orlanth?
I think I tracked down that problem; when the mod was installed together with the sound pack, there were issues with the new mod's mainmenu soundtrack having a different tag in audio xmls, plus a mismatch with an earlier version of CivEraInfos using the ERA_INDUSTRIAL tag. I fixed those and made a patch combining that fix with the Fall Further Themes error fix, a trackname fix (bug #NH3), and Events to spawn missionaries with religion tech discovery (will need to add civ-specific python once the Civs XML is done.) So I'll attach all that and you can upload it as a Patch A to replace the Quickfix. (Make a note that the patch should be applied after the soundpack not vice versa.)

redirecting all the art paths will be a large job, i think its fairly minor at the moment though. but i agree, eventually it needs to be done.
no need to redirect any paths; if you unpack both the FPK files in one place all the art will unpack out into the appropriate subdirectories of the Art folder; then you can just delete any unneeded Fall Further stuff, check thru the pedia to make sure the art loads fine, then repack to a single FPK using PakBuild. As a bonus that should also make for a lot less upload time in future. But, there is prolly also tons more stuff in Fall Further we can use as UUs/UBs get added, so might as well wait till youve gone thru all the FF art before deleting any leftovers.

Attachments

• Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.04.zip
    65.4 KB · Views: 96
I think I tracked down that problem; when the mod was installed together with the sound pack, there were issues with the new mod's mainmenu soundtrack having a different tag in audio xmls, plus a mismatch with an earlier version of CivEraInfos using the ERA_INDUSTRIAL tag. I fixed those and made a patch combining that fix with the Fall Further Themes error fix, a trackname fix (bug #NH3), and Events to spawn missionaries with religion tech discovery (will need to add civ-specific python once the Civs XML is done.) So I'll attach all that and you can upload it as a Patch A to replace the Quickfix. (Make a note that the patch should be applied after the soundpack not vice versa.)

fantastic, :) thanks orlanth. ill test this and put it in the first post later this evening. im at uni at the moment and cant haha.

no need to redirect any paths; if you unpack both the FPK files in one place all the art will unpack out into the appropriate subdirectories of the Art folder; then you can just delete any unneeded Fall Further stuff, check thru the pedia to make sure the art loads fine, then repack to a single FPK using PakBuild. As a bonus that should also make for a lot less upload time in future. But, there is prolly also tons more stuff in Fall Further we can use as UUs/UBs get added, so might as well wait till youve gone thru all the FF art before deleting any leftovers.

very good point.

Patch b is in the works. current changelog:

Spoiler Version 0.04 Patch b :

• Added Shrine wonders + art for all religions
  • Destruction, Elven Gods, Old ones and Ancestor Gods does not found from tech discovery anymore.
  • Orcs and Goblins auto spread destruction to their own cities and cities they capture.
  • Woodelves auto spread elven gods to their own cities
  • Removed the Free technology from Philosophy and gave it to Astrology instead (Philosophy leads to words of salvation and corruption of chaos, whereas astrology is a dead end tech.
  • NH8: added Placeholder Hedgewizard, skaven warlock, skaven warlock engineer, Skaven Greyseer unit art.
  • AH68: Coal is correctly revealed at Steel.
  • AH69: Besieger promotion should no longer be selectable
  • AH70; Readjusted City raider promotion effects
  • Added Cover 1 and 2 promotions
  • Added Shock 1 and 2 promotions
  • Added Formation 1 and 2 promotions
  • Added Flanking 1, 2and 3 promotions
  • Added Sentry 1 and 2 promotions
  • Added Accuracy promotion
  • Added Barrage 1, 2 and 3 promotions
  • Added Assault 1, 2 and 3 promotions
  • AH76: Adjusted some building costs
  • AH74: Iron revealed at metal casting
  • AH75: Bloodbowl stadium correctly gives influence not beakers

Removed the Free technology from Philosophy and gave it to Astrology instead (Philosophy leads to words of salvation and corruption of chaos, whereas astrology is a dead end tech.

I agree that free tech from philosophy should go - though maybe we will needt to add something else to that tech (GPP boosting national wonder?).

Astrology isn't a deadend though, I think it is required for Navigation (or, it should be) and meteoric iron.

No strong objections to a free tech here though, I'll have to check the tree though to make sure you can't beeline anything too nasty with it.

I agree that free tech from philosophy should go - though maybe we will needt to add something else to that tech (GPP boosting national wonder?).

Astrology isn't a deadend though, I think it is required for Navigation (or, it should be) and meteoric iron.

No strong objections to a free tech here though, I'll have to check the tree though to make sure you can't beeline anything too nasty with it.

or maybe instead of a free tech, it could give a few research points to a random tech you can currently research? (this could be for all then, not just the first to discover it)

i.e. 100 or 200 :science:?

or maybe instead of a free tech, it could give a few research points to a random tech you can currently research?

i dont think that's possible with the xml. it IS possible but would require a lot of python work and events. not reall worth it in my oppinion ;)

not reall worth it in my oppinion ;)

true.

with that update there are no errors loading the mod anymore. (get to main menu with 0 errors)

Also remember, we used to have a free great sage for the first to get astrology.

We don't *need* to have a free tech granted by any tech.

or maybe instead of a free tech, it could give a few research points to a random tech you can currently research? (this could be for all then, not just the first to discover it)

There is no real functional difference between giving 200 free beakers to everyone who researches philosophy, and just reducing the beaker cost of philosophy by 200 :)

I'd prefer a building or wonder(s), to make the tech more interesting.

Nelia, if you have some thoughts on Wonders, I'd like to hear them (in the design discussion thread). http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8907705&postcount=115

DISCLAIMER: This mod is a work in progress. The downloads listed below are the PRE-ALPHA version of the mod (latest link last) (meaning a LOT of content is missing and its probably still quite buggy) so we need your feedback on any bugs you find (we aren't concerned so much with balance just yet, but suggestions are welcome)

Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.04 pre-Alpha

Warhammer Heart of Chaos: Sound Pack

Latest Patch: Patch b

Install Instructions:
  • WHoC 0.04 is *actually* a stand alone installation and does not require any other files to be installed
  • When installing, make sure the Destination location is correct for your computer. Make sure the directory is something like: {Civ4 Installation directory such as C: Games\}Civilization\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.04
  • Install the mod :)
  • Extract the Warhammer Sound Pack (courtesy of Orlanth) to your 'Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.04' directory and overwrite all files. (the mod works without it, however it will just have no sound)
    [*] Prior to applying Patch b it is ESSENTIAL that you:
    • Delete the 'Art' File in your "Beyond the Sword\Mods\Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.04\Assets" Folder
    • Delete the 'FFPak051' File in your "Beyond the Sword\Mods\Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.04\Assets" Folder
    • Delete the 'WHoCPak004' File in your "Beyond the Sword\Mods\Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.04\Assets" Folder
    this is because Patch B has recompressed all the art files and must replace the files you are deleting.
  • Download the Latest Patch 'Patch b' and Extract it to your 'Mods' folder, allow the extraction to overwrite all files. NOTE: the Patch MUST be applied after the Sound Pack is installed.
  • OPTIONAL: In order to avoid some known crashes regarding religious movies, please disable movies under game options.
  • Enjoy :D

Spoiler Version 0.04 Patch b :

• Changed Culture to Influence
  • Added Shrine wonders + art for all religions
  • Destruction, Elven Gods, Old ones and Ancestor Gods does not found from tech discovery anymore.
  • Added Darkelf Civ (including leaders and art)
  • Added Highelf Civ (including leaders and art)
  • Added Dwarf Civ (including leaders, art, and Subterranean Trait)
  • Added Amazon Civ (including leaders and art)
  • Added Lustria Civ (including leaders and art)
  • Added Araby Civ (including leaders and art)
  • Dwarves auto spread Ancestor Gods to their own cities
  • Amazon and Lustria auto spread Old Ones to their own cities
  • Orcs and Goblins auto spread destruction to their own cities and cities they capture (after a city is captured once rebellion is over all non destruction religions are purged and destruction spreads). civs to capture cities with Destruction automatically remove it one rebellion is over
  • Woodelves, Highelves and Dark Elves auto spread elven gods to their own cities
  • Removed the Free technology from Philosophy and gave it to Astrology instead (Philosophy leads to words of salvation and corruption of chaos, whereas astrology is a dead end tech.
  • Added Warhammer appropriate religion icons to the city screen, religion screen and scoreboard (no more Fellowship of Choas)
  • Added Cover 1 and 2 promotions
  • Added Shock 1 and 2 promotions
  • Added Formation 1 and 2 promotions
  • Added Flanking 1, 2and 3 promotions
  • Added Sentry 1 and 2 promotions
  • Added Accuracy promotion
  • Added Barrage 1, 2 and 3 promotions
  • Added Assault 1, 2 and 3 promotions
  • Added Orc and Goblin civ buttons and adjusted their tema colours
  • NH8: added Placeholder Hedgewizard, skaven warlock, skaven warlock engineer, Skaven Greyseer unit art.
  • AH68: Coal is correctly revealed at Steel.
  • AH69: Besieger promotion should no longer be selectable
  • AH70; Readjusted City raider promotion effects
  • AH76: Adjusted some building costs
  • AH74: Iron revealed at metal casting
  • AH75: Bloodbowl stadium correctly gives influence not beakers
  • AH79: Fixed a heap of unit and tech errors
  • Removed some unused art and recompressed the .fpk file. (dosnt seem to have changed load times though)

About to install the patch. Just wanted to check:

Should this:
Delete the Art File in your "Beyond the Sword\Mods\Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.04" Folder
actually read

Delete the Art folder in your "Beyond the Sword\Mods\Warhammer Heart of Chaos 0.04\Assets folder?

Top Bottom