Final Fixes Reborn

progress is good, we've done plenty that we wanted to do. It's a bit slow this last month, Ronkhar had to take a break and i'm seriously busy. I can't give you an ETA on a proper non svn release though. There's still stuff to polish and finish.

well, the svn works pretty good for me....

save that I have often to restart the game engine 2-3 times before being able to load a saved game without having any python exceptions (no interface/ no dialog with civ leaders...Etc).

it's like the python expections are not repeatable...

Something has to be done about animals. Having a Pegasus solo 5 cities with 6+ defenders in the early=mid game is simply game breaking. Promotion caps at the very least. Currently an animal that survives or manages to kill 3 of your units instantly wins. Its simply unkillable until the late game

Pegasus are especially problematic. The Pegasus mentioned above was defeated twice (I took heavy losses to do it) Yet the guaranteed withdrawal means it always comes back. Then the massive move + blitz + strength improvement let it just run away.

this is so awesome, that you are still working on the mod. i just downloaded for good ole times and can't get enough of it. bi, idk if you remember me but i was helping out a little bit back then in 2012 and 2013 with bugfixes and mainly german translation. valkrionn (or was it you?) implemented them back then.
I was looking for the mod as I was thinking about making something similar for Civ VI as soon as it comes out (and wanted to start now so that i have a head start about what to put in). but seeing that rife is more or less still being worked on makes me wonder if this is necessary.
is the out of sync bug that made mp difficult fixed?

so, can i help, what can i do and where should I start? btw, i remember that in RIFE there where two strength promotion systems next to each other, one that turned 1 star into 2 into three and so on, and on the other hand, one that had one star with multiple indices. i see that in AoE there is the first system in place, but everytime you get promoted you lose the first one, but everyone gives you only 20% strength, is that correct or intended? I think I will look into that if I find it in the xml-files.

BUG report:
WIN10 x64, DVD version of Civ IV/BtS; svn checkout from today.

Pedia entry for Scions looks unexpected.

link

Hi there!

Extremely glad that work is still being done on Ashes of Erebus! Still the strategy game with the highest replay value out there.
Playing only multi-player games, a few bug reports/suggestions that I cannot find in the Excel sheet:

1) Mekara order: Battle slugas cannot enter cities: CIV4.exe crashes.
This is 100% reproducible. We have been able to work around it by just avoiding entering cities, but the bug also Means that you cannot upgrade slaves.
Note that war slugas does not have this problem.
Savegame attached: Reproduce by moving any battle sluga into any city.

2) Loki unbalanced.
If you meet enemy human player with Loki before 5-10 cities have been built, you have lost. In the old days Loki could be powerful, but if you surrounded him completely with troops before an attack, or attacked him in a city, he would die. Now there is no way to get rid of him, as no battle starts, and he can enter enemy culture radius. Loki can take over all newly started cities, and there is nothing you can do about it.

3) If you ALT-TAB out of the loading screen, before the other players have joined, and the game has started, OoS is assured. I have to restart OS to get back to a healthy state. Otherwise OoS at every end turn. Workaround is to ask all to stay in the join game screen, until all have joined and game has been launched. From there, at least as stable as FFH2.

Win10 x64, BtS 3.19, AoE 14.11, using AoE launcher. Playing Multiplayer with direct IP connection via Hamachi.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0283.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
Oh, although I haven't coded anything the last 20 years, if someone could give some pointers (and some easy tasks), I too would love to help out.

BUG report:
WIN10 x64, DVD version of Civ IV/BtS; svn checkout from today.

Pedia entry for Scions looks unexpected.

link

Hello
That was my mistake :blush:
I failed a copy-paste in v237, I repaired it in v238 and v239.
Then I commited a fix by jonnnes (who used the v237 file) and broke it again in v241.
I fixed it again just now in v244.

Thanks for the report. Have fun playing

Hi there!

Extremely glad that work is still being done on Ashes of Erebus! Still the strategy game with the highest replay value out there.
Playing only multi-player games, a few bug reports/suggestions that I cannot find in the Excel sheet:

1) Mekara order: Battle slugas cannot enter cities: CIV4.exe crashes.
This is 100% reproducible. We have been able to work around it by just avoiding entering cities, but the bug also Means that you cannot upgrade slaves.
Note that war slugas does not have this problem.
Savegame attached: Reproduce by moving any battle sluga into any city.
That should be fixed in the svn version.

2) Loki unbalanced.
If you meet enemy human player with Loki before 5-10 cities have been built, you have lost. In the old days Loki could be powerful, but if you surrounded him completely with troops before an attack, or attacked him in a city, he would die. Now there is no way to get rid of him, as no battle starts, and he can enter enemy culture radius. Loki can take over all newly started cities, and there is nothing you can do about it.
yeah , we need to think about it and see what can be done to decrease his efficiency a bit.

3) If you ALT-TAB out of the loading screen, before the other players have joined, and the game has started, OoS is assured. I have to restart OS to get back to a healthy state. Otherwise OoS at every end turn. Workaround is to ask all to stay in the join game screen, until all have joined and game has been launched. From there, at least as stable as FFH2.

Win10 x64, BtS 3.19, AoE 14.11, using AoE launcher. Playing Multiplayer with direct IP connection via Hamachi.
This i'm not sur we can do much about it, it's likely something that's in the base code of civ. (i'll take a look though).

Oh, although I haven't coded anything the last 20 years, if someone could give some pointers (and some easy tasks), I too would love to help out.
We can probably find some easy xml work for you to do, yeah.

That should be fixed in the svn version.
Cool, thanks. I will mess around with TortoiseSVN a bit :)

yeah , we need to think about it and see what can be done to decrease his efficiency a bit.
Ideas:
* Let Loki be attackable again, with a very high escape chance
* Limit the spell to Work on AI players only
* Let Loki sacrifice himself => When the spell takes over a city, Loki dies, with a comment like "With a last manical laughter, Loki joins the thieves guild in the city, and is never seen again.

This i'm not sur we can do much about it, it's likely something that's in the base code of civ. (i'll take a look though).
Yes, I agree. A curious difference is that with FFH2, the OoS message was blinking and usually happened at seemingly random junctions (loading and resuming did not reprovoke the errors). This is reproduceable, and the OoS message does not blink. It was this that led me to believe that it might be mod-related.

We can probably find some easy xml work for you to do, yeah.
Cool. I can also write text for the wiki like the strategy section or lore descriptions that does not require strict knowledge of the Erebus lore.

Since the latest update (this morning?) I get a whole ton of XML errors on trying to start the game.

This includes:
'XML Load Error
LoadXML call failed for xml\test\civ4gametext_civ_clan.xml
followed by:
'Failed Loading XML file xml\text\civ4gametext_civ_scions.xml [.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML File -
File: xml\text\civ4gametext_civ_scions.xml
Reason: A name was started with an invalid character.
Line: 77, 2
Source: <<<<<<< .mine

Clan, Scions, and Khazad all pop up with similar errors so I suspect its related to the recent trait update.
'XML error: Allocating zero or less memory in CvXMLLoadUtility::SetVariableListTagPair'
(My guess it this is related to the earlier error)

can you confirm it still happens with the most recent update ( revision 247) ? there's been a few updates today and there might have been one with issues in the middle. (game seems to work fine for me on latest rev)

Top Bottom