ModMod Compatabilities?

running4cover11

Chieftain
Alright, I'm pretty new to CivIV modding, and havn't been able to find info about what FfH2 modmods are compatable with each other. I this is the wrong place to ask, I apologize for the inconvenience. Anyway, my goal is to have FfH2 running with Fall Further, WildMana, Orbis, and Rise From Erebus (and CityStyle, but it looks like that is incompatable with Fall Further). Do any of these mods conflict with each other? I'm somewhat OCD when it comes to mod compatability in games, and thought it wise to ask before I spend hours downloading mods only to wreck my install. Thanks for your time!

CC

Alright, I'm pretty new to CivIV modding, and havn't been able to find info about what FfH2 modmods are compatable with each other. I this is the wrong place to ask, I apologize for the inconvenience. Anyway, my goal is to have FfH2 running with Fall Further, WildMana, Orbis, and Rise From Erebus (and CityStyle, but it looks like that is incompatable with Fall Further). Do any of these mods conflict with each other? I'm somewhat OCD when it comes to mod compatability in games, and thought it wise to ask before I spend hours downloading mods only to wreck my install. Thanks for your time!

CC

Those mods are all 100% incompatible, sadly. Each of us alter the DLL in different ways. As a result, each mod also creates it's own mod directory... Meaning you can run them SEPARATELY without issues. Just not at the same time. ;) That may be what you meant anyway, of course. :lol:

Rise from Erebus is built on the current version of FF, so you get virtually all of it's content with RifE.

Orbis contains quite a bit of FF's features as well, though it's more selective in it's imports.

are you the same running4cover from bethesda's forums?

I'm pretty sure you are, since you are asking if many mods can be used at the same time like in TES games :p

the answer is no btw, in civ4 each mod has its own folder and is completely separated from the others. which sucks, I know. BUT, a modular approach called WOC has been developed and is currently being used in FF, RIFE and Wildmana. nothing as grand as TES games though, this is only used for small modules to allow users to have some degree of customization available.

Yes, I am the same Running4Cover from the Elder Scrolls forums (would that make you Gekko64?), and I suppose that is indeed the reason I thought this might be possible. I only just looked at the method by which these mods are installed, and so I see what you mean (I had hoped that they simply overwrote the same folders, ah well...). Anyway, I suppose RiFe it is, then, although I'll install the others as well for comparison or something (I hate admitting defeat, grrr :p). Well, thank you both for your time!

CC

yes that's me, thank you for the list of stealth mods which kicks ass ;)

my personal recommendation is to play Wild Mana, imho the improved AI in that mod is more important than the added features of Orbis and RifE, as awesome as they both are. have fun with the best TBS game ever :D

Top Bottom