This scenario is...

• Incredible!

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Great!

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Good.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
upgraded to heavy catapults, moved all available cav and infantry to the front near Hanzhong and slaughtered the Wei army as it marched over the mountains using an army of warriors supported by infantry and cav. In the end I had enough units left in the north to push and take Hanzhong around turn 30 and fought all Wei counteroffensive off using the same technique. At the same time, I amassed around 24 heavy swordsmen between Danlang and Hefei, then after marching my army south, I swept north east through Hefei, Runan, and Xuchang. Then cutting east I took Nanyang and Wancheng. I'm currently bombarding and amassing troops near Hongnong, Louyang and Guandu for my next assualt.
By reinforcing the Hanzhong front from the north and shiping troops across the river from the south to support my offensive, I've managed to beat the odds.

Thanks for the help with the rattan.

i dl but didnt bother with tongkang TOO confusing IMHO, looking through editor, i must say it looks great, but what with rubber, gunpowder (more modern stuff) and railroads?

Unit graphics were not found for the things those 3 items are meant to represent.

Gunpowder - It is effectively the Chinese version of "Greek Fire". The only unit that needs it is the Fire Barge, which is Wu's UU.

Rubber - This is Rattan, a material used by the warriors on Nanzhong in ROTK. It was said to be impenetrable armor until Zhuge Liang set up his scheme and discovered their weakness - Fire. You cant set weaknesses in the gamr though :(

Railroads - These are meant to be major roads, or large roads that are well developed and advanced. These roads are typically near major cities, and especially in the "Capital Districts" area (Luoyang, Xuchang, Changan, Wancheng, etc.)

Unfortunately to make the scenario work right you need all of the files, including the tongkang unit graphic. if you need to know how to put it in the scenario, all you have to do is download the 1.0 Art and text file. Once downloaded, there is a folder inside it called 'TTK', copy this entire folder without moving or changing any of its contents into the scenarios folder for conquests. You need to have the unit in the game, with the folder or else the scenario will crash in-game. This folder rule is a general rule for all scenario's, and creators now are kind enough (usually) to put all of their things in a folder, and name it to what folder the scenario is supposed to look for extra things in. I hope I have helped.

- Sarevok

Sarevok,

As I said; An excellent scenario.

Can there be more versions in future, from the periods
when China was even more splittered?

Best Regards

Rocoteh

there will be for sure. Planned ones are (I will need more flag leaderheads for these ones BTW)

257 - The Rise of Jin (The fall of the three kingdoms)

190 - The Alliance against Dong Zhuo

196 - The Rise of Wei

Sarevok,

Very interesting.

Thank you for the information.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

Originally posted by Sarevok
www.threekingdoms.com

since you seem to spend quite alot of time online...

Well, aside from the the work with CIV I
have 15 books I want to read but due to current
health condition ( I fall into deep sleep without warning
all the time) I can do less that I want.

I talked with my doctor today and he said I am
running a high risk gettng a stroke.

So if you do not hear from me you know
the reason.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

I started one as the Wu and made the mistake of attacking the Shu. Couldn't beat the Wei after the Shu fell. I'm going to try again shortly, just won as the Shu near round 200.

Also, I voted Great and only did so because I know you aren't done yet and expect it to be better when finished.

I'd love to see more of the more well-known generals added as military leaders rather than just units. I played as Shu and only saw Zhuge Liang was a GML. Although the 5 Tigers were known for their fighting skill, Liu Bei did have quite a few other strategists around that time period. Zhuge Liang was just the most (or maybe Sima Yi was... ;) ) intelligent.

Also, playing as Shu I found myself being overran by Wei. I was able to ally with Wu early, but Wu just took forever moving all their men by land. Meanwhile Wei's forces just overran most of my border towns with their vast numbers.

But I do love this time period, and I'm glad to see someone working on a scenario to bring it to Civ3. Keep up the good work, I'd love to see the earlier struggles where China was even more splintered. Gongsan Zan, Yuan Shao, and everyone else.

Something needs to be done about pollution. As the Shu I had around 80 peasants, most doing nothing but cleaning up pollution. As the Wu I have around 40 cleaning pollution and I've only conquered a few more cities. The amount of pollution that I am forced to deal with is starting to make the game annoying.

This is a great job... but

Still waiting for a Warring States conquest.... please!!! *begging*

which year to you refer to Elias Rex? Give me a specific year when you would want a scenario. Who knows? It may already be planned.

Pollution is pretty much going to be removed in 1.1

What generals do you suggest? I only picked the better ones. Unfortunately the GL's dont get named and if you look i may have warriors on there of note that were "missing" such as Jiang Wei, Sima Zhao, Deng Ai, and others who come later in the story. 1.1 BTW makes Wei weaker. Ill put a feature list and possibly post it today in a little bit.

I saw your TTK map. To be honest, I thought it could use alot of work. Geographically it's wrong missing some extremely distinct and important terrain features (ie. Where is the Tianheng and Qingling mountains? The land beyond the passes? The Huai, Han, and Wei Rivers?). I had other reasons for not enjoying it; however, I like your dedication and interest in this period. I'm looking to find people interested in Chinese History to put together a group to make Chinese scenarios. I'm perticulary interested in people who know how to make unit graphics. I'm currently working on 2 scenario projects: Warring States Period (Zhanguo Shidai) and and The Second Sino-Japanese War (aka WW2 and Anti-Japanese War). I already have a map, though tweaking needs to be made, but more importantly I want Unit Graphics and I need to create Tech Trees. Anyway, let me know what you think. E-mail me at iovah111@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Top Bottom