Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Micromegas said:
Mr Communist, (shouldn't that be Comrade instead of Mr? :lol:) although I'm rather sure that is a known problem I can't recall what was the solution ... but here are some hints for you: in /conquests/scenoarios/ you should have three folders, named "Rhye's of Civilization", "Rhye's of Civilization X" and "Rhye's of Civilization XF" and three biq files, named "Rhye's of Civilization v2.66.biq", "Rhye's of Civilization Expansion pack v1.1.biq" and "Rhye's of Civilization Expansion pack v1.1 RANDOM MAP.biq". The file in your error message needs to sit here : \Conquests\Scenarios\Rhye's of Civilization\art\tech chooser\Icons, if it doesn't you likely confused folders when extracting or you downloaded just the patch for the basic mod. Hope that helped, if not feel free to download the beta of my installer. See above for details.

I think I will write a troubleshooting sooner or later.

Maybe the ratings in the strat guides should be difficulty ratings and not power ratings?
Power is completely dependant on how you manage the civ. Difficulty would be more correct and more important to know (after all, you don't really wanna know how powerful you are potentially, you wanna know how hard you have to work to win.)

Old news, but if alterations are still being planned, the Palace guard can be made immobile:

In the editor under:
Unit Abilities > select Foot unit and Immobile
Unit Statistics > leave Move as 1
Standard Orders > turn GoTo and Explore, Off

works fine and doesn't seem to affect turn time. Using this option leaves all capitals with a garrison for the early turns but upgrades to a unit that is mobile in later turns.

Rhye, it was one city cultural victory. So there was no need for monuments everywhere and for just one city the cultural advantage is not so big. I have to admit it was monarch only, but I wanted to try an enslavement based strategy. But I think I was lucky also, did rather good at goody huts. I didn't touch any on my side of the mountains at first and found a settler in the argentine area then (as I had speculated on), that helped a lot to speed things for me. In general the chasqui scouts rock in the first turns... I had fast contact with the others soon with my second scout (and stole them most of their huts) and once I was able to build clubmen I started clearing south america from barbarians, that gave me an initial set of workers to build a road up to the mountain east of panama. Once I had some clubmen there I declared war on everyone and waited for them to come there... well, they did me the favor. Another thing was that due to the rather quick contact with all american civs and trading I must have been ahead at tech early in the game, which gave me a SL that build me the great Library, I concentrated efforts to get the Papal States and later the shakespeare, that really amassed culture in my capital - and usually the other civs are not so much after that. But still it turned out to be a close thing in the end. Anyway, interesting, strategy wise. But I must admit V.Soma's game looks better in general terms, so maybe wait for that to finish... Dunno if I will find the time to write a good guide, I'll have some work over the weekend, I'll redo my kitchen from scratch... and I have to concentrate since I rented the tools. Anyway, if there is still none next week, I might try. Errrr... actually there's an Israel guide still to be written also... uhoh, I'm an easily distracted person, am I? :lol:

Oh... one thing I forgot: there's no need to sacrifice the worker's early, as lon as you can support them that can wait till the last possible occasion, then watch your culture rocketing through the roof...

And the rating... dunno, well yes, Ithink it should be a little higher now, I'd say Incas are ahead of mayas now and from my last experience egypt too maybe. But I never played Egypt before, maybe I was a little clueless. Somehow they just don't work for me...

Do I get it right that it does NOT matter when do I sacrifice the workers for culture? Can it be done at the "last" turn en masse?

Asclepius said:
Old news, but if alterations are still being planned, the Palace guard can be made immobile:

In the editor under:
Unit Abilities > select Foot unit and Immobile
Unit Statistics > leave Move as 1
Standard Orders > turn GoTo and Explore, Off

works fine and doesn't seem to affect turn time. Using this option leaves all capitals with a garrison for the early turns but upgrades to a unit that is mobile in later turns.

:goodjob: I'll try immediately

See... that's why i elaborated some more. Hope V.Soma will find it somewhat usefulll. Just I don't have ths time to sit down and condense it really and I don't have the saves anymore, as I started an egypt game, waiting for the tools to be delivered, so I'd have to start a new game... that would eat to much time right now. I didn't move capital, just moved the settler to the coast so I could get the whale into city radius. Build FP in argentine. V.Soma I'll pm you my email if you need to ask for something, hope I'll be able to recall.

First of all, let's set my name to Soma, as it is my real one, too :)
"V." is for my family name, by the way...

My problem is with Micromegas's road to victory, that it is in monarch, and is a totally different way, in fact, I imagine it as guide A and B, as sub-chapters...

And, well, I think we should try this cultural-bloody thing on emperor, so to see it is a tactics on par level with my conventinal development way.

Though I do reckon that there are common elements...

Rhye, plz take a look at the installer, will you? Three crowns has posted direct links to the FTP, supports multiple connections... thx.

And right V.Soma, it doesn't matter when, actually I think I'd never been able to build all the high culture gain wonders if I had earlier... surely someone would have tried to build them just to stop me. Also note that worker sacrifices grant differing cultural gains depending on government.

and don't bother if it won't fit into your guide, I can always write one on my tactic later, but for now I'll have to go hurt myself... well that's the usual outcome if I try to do this things on my own, but I don't really have a choice. keep fingers crossed I'll still have mine to type :lol:

I think it was 96 with republic, 48 with absolute monarchy, not sure what it was with feudal and theocratic right now, anyway it wasn't the same for all. Ok, I'll be off for some hours now, need to shut down this circuit for working on electricity lines.

Rhye said:
About the SPHQ, the change is accurate but wouldn't the -1 on all the cities be too unbalancing? I hope not, but I don't know the true power of communism in the mod.
Communism, like in regular Civ, is deadly powerful if you're a large empire. It may be fair and balancing to add that to the SPHQ... Also that would mean many would put off building the SPHQ until they really need to reduce corruption.

->I've worked around the tech tree a bit, and found that the timeline will benefit from some changes of the prerequisites rather than tech costs. Advances are slower if the techs are in sequence instead of in parallel.

->Unlike my expectations, the trick Asclepius suggested doesn't work. I removed goto and sentry, too, but nothing. Now I'm trying without any AI role (attack/defense).
It might work this time. It seems faster but I want to be 100% sure.

-> I can't make a massive change of naval warfare. The development is almost over and there are too many collateral effects.

So I propose again this solution (a little modified). If it's OK for you, I'll implement it. Otherwise we'll stay with the old settings.

Galleass movement reduced to 8/8/8 (previously 9/9/9)
Upgrades to SoL instead of Frigate

SoL: 5/5 Movement: 8/22/22
bombard 8/1/2.
(Possibly 1 transport. Only if Samart says that they were used for transport, too)
Upgrades to cruiser.

Frigate: A/D: 4/3 Mov: 11/11/11 (like the old Privateer) + Enslave
bombard: 6/1/2
Nothing upgrades to Frigate now.

Gallivat: same as the Frigate, but with a lower defense, cheaper and faster.

Ironclad A/D increased to 6/8 (previously 5/6). It's still the beginning of the new line (to dreadnought and battleship)

Privateer 3/2 instead of 4/2. + Enslave
Movement: 10/10/10
bombard: 4/1/2

Galleon A/D 2/3 instead of 2/4
defensive bombard: 6/0/0

No changes to the old MoW settings xcept bombard: 6/1/2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom