"Fall Patch" announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they fix the bug where, when you click on the notification icon for when a Great Person is born, that the Great Person unit is *not* the selected unit. I don't know how many times I've been looking at a Great Engineer, and then pressed 'm' and accidentally moved some random unit to the city where I wanted to hurry a wonder.

And there was much rejoicing!!! I just hope they weaken Austria more... It sounds like it will still be cheap to buy cities, just not as cheap... I doubt the AI Austria will even notice...

Great news. Many annoyances fixed, too bad there's nothing about the "city center yield not added" bug regarding cities acquired in peace deals.

Am I the only one not liking the new randomness associated with prize ships? Sure, it was too strong before, but I don't think chance is needed to fix it; just look at how hit-or-miss Germany is, depending on whether they switch the first barbarian camp they find, or they don't get any extra unit in any of the first three...

And there was much rejoicing!!! I just hope they weaken Austria more... It sounds like it will still be cheap to buy cities, just not as cheap... I doubt the AI Austria will even notice...

The real nerf to Austria is the fact that they have to be allied for 5 full turns before annexing, which has many consequences: you can't steal CS from other players without giving them the chance to ripost, for example. And it also means that you have to build up some "extra influence", (65 influence, instead of 60), which can be expensive if your only source of influence is money, because of the way buying influence works (fixed amounts of influence per lump sums).

Good patch. Love the new content of the Grand Temple and the restart game. +25HP on pillage is a weird addition, but could be really cool gameplay. The balancing things look great (Ironclad & Gatlins less overpowered), but I have a feeling I'm missing some thng. Like a maximum of air-units and missiles in cities.

But lots of goodies in there.

This is a great patch, it makes me a very happy puppy!

(And the word 'Polish' is badly chosen, I keep asking myself: Are we getting it in the English version too? But it's not the Poland-Polish, but the shiny-Polish).

Modding: Fix the hard-coded length of the promotions boolean array.
Some modders just got an orgasm.

Added "Restart Game" option to game menu. This option lets you restart the game and generate a new map using your current pregame settings. It's only available at Turn 0.
Good news but I will have some work to do on Reseed. But why limit it to turn zero?

Advanced settings are now persisted across multiple single player games.
Hurray!

Many performance improvements, particularly in the renderer.
Unfortunately I guess it also means "new bugs for IGE, DonQuiche". Let's hope I am wrong. :(

Sounds absolutely amazing, in the shameful sense that once again we must wait for 2 years before Civ 5 "comes out" for real.

Now give us a frickin' ETA date for this thing!

Hoped for a MP-patch, making the AI in MP games better....
For SP the patch seems great though :)

(And the word 'Polish' is badly chosen, I keep asking myself: Are we getting it in the English version too? But it's not the Poland-Polish, but the shiny-Polish).

And what about this?

Added missing Polish Dawn of Man audio.

Sounds absolutely amazing, in the shameful sense that once again we must wait for 2 years before Civ 5 "comes out" for real.

Now give us a frickin' ETA date for this thing!

It still inst finished yet though. I want governments to return but i guess that wont happen unless they bring out another DLC.

But if this patch is not for vanilla, why is it in the vanilla subforum of civfanatics?

The game executable is common for civ5 and the expansion, the change made in the exe will apply to both.

Now the question is how much of those patch notes are related to the executable (common) or the DLL, XML, Lua (separated)...

And how much of the latter will be ported back to vanilla.

The game executable is common for civ5 and the expansion, the change made in the exe will apply to both.

Now the question is how much of those patch notes are related to the executable (common) or the DLL, XML, Lua (separated)...

And how much of the latter will be ported back to vanilla.

Does that also mean the mods wont be compatible or will it only effect some mods.

Does that also mean the mods wont be compatible or will it only effect some mods.

We can't be sure before release, but it seems to be a "normal" patch from the notes, so most mods shouldn't be broken by it. But as usual, a few will need more or less work to be made compatible.

And what about this?

I did a double-take when I saw that too, but I think it might mean Polish-language audio for the Dawn of Man speeches. Not being Polish, I don't know the state of Polish localisation to Civ V, but presumably the audio was missing before...

Although, I have to say I'm disappointed, CivFanatics. I expected to open this thread to find a huge amount of specualtion about a Polish DLC! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom