Brave New World's 9 new Civs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the feeling that Assassin's Creed II made Florence and Venice so famous that most casual players won't be too surprised if the see either of them as the Italian capitol.)

Oh yes! :)
No, that's far too much of a stretch. I don't dispute your point about those cities' relevance as being inaccurate, but you're looking at it from too in-depth of a perspective. Look at it from the point of view of casual fans, all the people who play this game and don't check fansites or have an extensive knowledge of history; the vast majority of people who would buy this expansion would look at Italy, see Firenze/Venecia, and immediately question why the capital of Italy isn't Rome.

I'm not saying your overall point is invalid, or that Italy wouldn't be a good addition (I'd like it, personally), but Rome must be its capital.

It's no problem to assume that's what they'll do. Siam's city list doesn't even include Bangkok/Krung Thep and has Ayutthaya near the end of their list, in addition to including multiple cities that are no longer Thai (Vientiane, Luang Prabang)

You have no idea how surprised I was at Siam's city list. Ridiculously in-depth.

It's highly likely Italy will be included in the Africa scenario. (In fact, it would be remarkable if they weren't.) This is probably the best argument that it will also be a playble civ in the main game. However, as we all know, a well-known civ being included in a scenario is no guarantee it will be in the main game. (See - Sumer, Hittites). I imagine Belgium will also be in the Africa scenario, but I doubt it will be in the main game.

Brazil's UB should be beaches with lots of hot, naked ladies. It replaces the harbor and adds a huge boost to tourism.

Before this announcement, a lot of suggestions centered on civs that haven't been represented before or hail from regions of the world that are underrepresented. I think that we will end up with at least 2-3 European civs that are well suited to the new mechanics and focus of this expansion, even if they are in areas already well represented. In addition to Poland, Portugal now sounds like a huge possibility. Renaissance Italy sounds like a good idea but I'm guessing something like Belgium would be more likely.

It's highly likely Italy will be included in the Africa scenario. (In fact, it would be remarkable if they weren't.) This is probably the best argument that it will also be a playble civ in the main game. However, as we all know, a well-known civ being included in a scenario is no guarantee it will be in the main game. (See - Sumer, Hittites). I imagine Belgium will also be in the Africa scenario, but I doubt it will be in the main game.

I agree on both parts.

2-3 I think is all we will get this time from Europe. Belgium seems more likely than Italy at this point - but come Pax we will see city states in pics. If we see any Italian city states remain, then we know Italy is not a civ

Beyond the existence of the Belgian Congo, in Belgium's favor is the fact that this expansion centers on diplomacy. Brussels is a world center in that regard. However, it's tough to pin down other things that would make Belgium a unique interesting civ to play as, although that might be due to my own ignorance. Also, I gotta think Leopold would be one of the most detestable leaders in the game if he was included.

I think the only European civilization we're likely to see in the main game besides Poland will be Portugal.

Honestly, I don't think Belgium has a chance and Italy would be a little stuffy.

No, I think this expansion will be less eurocentric than G&K by far. I'm predicting two.

Honestly Leopold could be the most detestable leader ever proposed to be in a Civ game (Yes a pretty strong statement)

Thinking about it again, if Belgium is included, Benelux would be overrepresented. Sucks to be Luxembourg, though.

I'm hoping for Venezuela, I mean Simon Bolivar only fought for independence of a lot of southern american nations from Spain...

Also "Brave New World"? Sounds like the Firaxis Dev's have been listening to a little too much 30 Seconds To Mars.

I think the only European civilization we're likely to see in the main game besides Poland will be Portugal.

Honestly, I don't think Belgium has a chance and Italy would be a little stuffy.

No, I think this expansion will be less eurocentric than G&K by far. I'm predicting two.

I really hope you are right. Belgium already has 2 City-States, which is more than some continents.

More than that, I do hope there isn't a lot of Ancient/Classical civs. Those Siege Towers look as dangerous as those Battering Rams, while there is so few unique features in the later eras.

Now that we've spend ~8 pages talking about Italy we can talk about some other civs.
I know lots of people want more civs from Soth-East Asia, but I kind off want something from maybe central or North-Eastern Asia.
Maybe the Timurids could make it into BNW or the Manchus, although I'm not sure what China's policy towards the later is.
Personally I don't want too many ancient civs as well. I think Assyria might be enough for this expansion.

1.Poland
2. Assyria
3. Italy
4. Potugal
5. Timurids or Manchu
6.Indonesia
7. Kongo
8. Zulu
9. Brazil

Italy might be in the next expansion. Of course there capital is Rome but that's already taken. Unless Italy becomes the Kingdom of Italy from 1861-1946. At that time, Florence was their capital (1864-1871). And Vatican City can replace Florence (Vatican City is a modern city-state for those that don't know).

For the Scramble for Africa scenario, I think Belgium, Italy, Portugal, and the Kongo will be in there unless they're just in the scenario and not in the actual game. As for the American Civil War scenario, I think probably the one of the Native tribes like Comanche. And I don't think Khmer will make it because they basically have all the lands that Siam has. I'd put my bets for Brazil, Assyria, and an Asian civ.

Italy might be in the next expansion. Of course there capital is Rome but that's already taken. Unless Italy becomes the Kingdom of Italy from 1861-1946. At that time, Florence was their capital (1864-1871). And Vatican City can replace Florence (Vatican City is a modern city-state for those that don't know).

For the Scramble for Africa scenario, I think Belgium, Italy, Portugal, and the Kongo will be in there unless they're just in the scenario and not in the actual game. As for the American Civil War scenario, I think probably the one of the Native tribes like Comanche. And I don't think Khmer will make it because they basically have all the lands that Siam has. I'd put my bets for Brazil, Assyria, and an Asian civ.

Vatican City is already a City State...

Given the cultural bend of BNW, if Brazil is in, I think their UB should be a Sambadrome, replacing Opera Houses.

Man I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::drool::drool::yumyum::yumyum::bday::beer::dance::bump::banana::salute::thanx::thanx::cheers::high5::trophy::trophy2nd::trophy3rd::w00t::pat::w00t:

So many emotions right now
Definite civs Poland, Assyria. Guessing civs Belgium, Khazaria, Mughals or Timurids, Kongo, Canada, Indonesia, and Zulu.

Italy as a new Civ? God please nooo
Another Native North American? Please God dont do this to me!

Italy and Belgium in Africa? 2 contries that going to late, inexpressive comparing with Portugal, France, England, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom