Brave New World's 9 new Civs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they ever had 2 civs in a game where they both had, without question, the exact same capital city? Even Germany and the HRE have different capitals.

Rome=/= Italian capitol

Florence makes more sense, especially if the civ is based on renaissance Italy.

Have they ever had 2 civs in a game where they both had, without question, the exact same capital city? Even Germany and the HRE have different capitals.

I believe Byzantium and the Ottomans currently have the same capital, albeit under different names.

Edit: gah, too late!

I'd love to see Kongo as well as the Zulu, who are almost inevitable now with the Africa scenario coming.

Really not too keen on the idea of Italy being a full civ - it would undermine a lot of the flavour of city states.

Sukritact: I'm guessing two African civs, one seem cheap considering the African scenario and all. We could see ancient Zimbabwe or Axum empire as well.

If they included the Bantu as a civ I would be severely disappointed - Africa deserves more than a compilation civ.

Agreed, although I'm not sure I want to see the Zulu, much rather see the Kongo...

What about the Mali? Would fit with trade routes.

I forgot about Zimbabwe! :D

Sukritact: I'm guessing two African civs, one seem cheap considering the African scenario and all. We could see ancient Zimbabwe or Axum empire as well.

Zimbabwe would be awesome (And could fit with the trade routes), but Axum might be too close to Ethiopia considering the Ethiopian UB. The Swahili could be another possibility considering the trade routes as well

Rome=/= Italian capitol

Florence makes more sense, especially if the civ is based on renaissance Italy.
It could be similar to the Greek and Babylonian civs. A collection of city states in one civ.
I believe Byzantium and the Ottomans currently have the same capital, albeit under different names.

Edit: gah, too late!
Plus, Rome can found Londonium.
If they included the Bantu as a civ I would be severely disappointed - Africa deserves more than a compilation civ.
It could be similar to Polynesia.

Agreed, although I'm not sure I want to see the Zulu, much rather see the Kongo...

What about the Mali? Would fit with trade routes. Doesn't work with the Scenario though...

As much as I'd like to see Mali return, I fear there's too much overlap (especially for city names) with Songhai.

What about the Mali? Would fit with trade routes. Doesn't work with the Scenario though...
To similar to Songhai in city list.
Zimbabwe would be awesome (And could fit with the trade routes), but Axum might be too close to Ethiopia considering the Ethiopian UB. The Swahili could be another possibility considering the trade routes as well
Forgot about Swahili. I'd be game for them.

I rather think Great Zimbabwe would be a better City-State than a full blown civ. They're gonna need something to replace Warsaw.

It could be similar to Polynesia.

Don't give me that as a selling point. While it was awesome to have representation there, I hate having a leader build units which come from an area over 7,000 kilometres away and a unique improvement which is 7,000 kilometres away from the both of them. And don't get me started on the island city list

Really not too keen on the idea of Italy being a full civ - it would undermine a lot of the flavour of city states.

I'd welcome it. Too many of the City States are Italian! Get us some diversity! Then we could reintroduce the Khmer as a city-state. They can't really be put in with Siam there, unless it has 2 UBs....

Italy as a Civ would definitely decrease the flavor of the city-states since a lot of them are Italian.

Considering the focus of the expansion is on the modern age, I think it would be nice to change/update the UA of certain powerful modern civs (America, England, France, Germany, China, Japan) to give them an advantage with the new stuff. Spreading culture, getting scientists from other countries and encouraging tourism is something that America, England and France do particularly well, for instance.

That should free up the new civs to have more appropriate ancient bonuses since most of them should be ancient/classical/medieval.

Andrewlt: Surely, Italy belongs to that very group you listed for the modern era? It would fit like a glove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom