Indonesia discussion

I just played Indonesia and i must say i'm very satisfied with the UA.

Free luxury the moment you popped a city is great, that's mean no unhappiness penalty for early expansion. Further more, in my game i placed my city in an island between my capital and Inca's territory enabling it to guard a profitable trade routes.

And the luxury add to the +gold from resource diversity which means more gold. And since you get 2 copies for each of luxuries, you can instantly exchange that to either another lux (+4 happiness) or gold.

so tldr: Indonesia = great civ for early expansion

Early expension up to Four Cities in total, that is. After that, you won't recieve any new luxuries by founding new cities.

Assuming your new cities aren't in completely terrible locations and they have some luxuries of their own + the trading possibility, your happiness should allow for way more than 4 cities if you play your cards right.

Bah, screw that 4 cities crap. I made 7 cities on one continent to make a solid base, then I saved the Spice Island cities till I had Astronomy and settled them in foreign locations that already had one or two luxuries plus strategics. Those cities were foreign trade dynamos, like how Hong Kong was for the Brits.

Top Bottom