Tried a few games in Col without any success...

Frigkas

Chieftain
Hello to all CFC members and to all Civ IV Col fans.As a fan pc gamer of Civilization IV (and of course i am refering to BTS) , i ve tried a few times to play Civ IV Colonization without reading any strategy guide , without success.And i will explain what i mean.First of first i can't play effectively with the Europe model.Secondly i need help from you the more experienced players in this game about Strategy guides and decent LP's in You Tube (i mean walkthrough videos).I am struggling with trade with the natives also.And finally i want more info about specialization of colonists.Thank you.....:)

Before you start playing I strongly suggest you install the patch. This fixes bugs and balance issues. To check your game version go to the initial menu and select Advanced/About This Build and if the game is already patched it will say Final Release.

One thing you need to know about the Europe victory condition is that it is optional. When you start a game choose Single Player/Custom Game and only select the Independence victory condition.

I don't know of any YouTube videos but there are plenty of strategy guides in this forum. One of them covers trading with the Natives in detail.

For specialized colonists, an expert or master produces twice as much as any other colonist. So an Expert Farmer produces twice as much food, a Master Blacksmith produces twice as many tools etc. Check your Civilopedia for more details.

Top Bottom