Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

This may sound silly, but can we have a list of all the found bugs so far in 3.19
Project and Development Forums. Unofficial Patches.

I had really hoped that if a new patch came out they'd restore tanks to their former glory. Looks like that isn't the case. Too bad, looks like I'll keep playing with 3.02.

Yeah, and I really like phalanxes that can kill battleships, so looks like I'll keep having to play Civ1. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wanting to play with overpowered tanks seems like a silly reason to stick with such an old, buggy version. Just install BBAI and mod the barrage promotions back to tanks, if you want them to be overpowered again.

I noticed the map type option "Lows_Random_Maps_3_0" for the first time after I had installed the new patch. It's right there second from top in the list so I think it must be new. Right?

I like that script, but I wondered how exactly it works and whether it truly generates maps or is just a meta-script that combines several other scripts (like pangäa, fractal and islands). But I can't find information about it in the forums or anywhere. There is a thread started by low (the user) which is about random maps, but it's version 5 even though the thread is so old that BtS (which includes now version 3) wasn't even released at the time.

Can anyone enlighten me? Is the script really new in BtS? Is there a thread or a web page about it? What does it do exactly?

I recently built a new computer for myself and as such reinstalled BTS via Steam. But now I'm noticing a lot of differences in the game that weren't there before. I confirmed that my current version of BTS is 3.19 - and I can't say for sure what version I was playing before the rebuild. Although as now I was playing on Steam, which should have auto-updated.

So the biggest change I'm noticing is that goodie huts are now giving how a huge amount of settlers. I haven't seen a goodie hut produce a settler in literally years, and now it's happening on 30% of the huts I find. Workers too. I also notice that a lot of my leaders are starting out with 4 known Techs instead of the usual 2. These are things I'm just entirely not used to.

The only difference I can think of between BTS on my old computer and now is that on my old computer I had Civ IV previously installed from disc, and then I purchased and installed BTS from Steam on top of that. With this new build all I did was go directly to Steam and installed BTS. Would that make sense of these changes I'm seeing?

Wow.... you're absolutely right. I always play Custom game, and I didn't even notice the difficulty setting on the righthand side had changed. It was set to Chieftain. Good call.

Does anyone know if you can declare war via world builder???

I used to love making the AI's declare war on me or even each other. This was taken out a few patches ago and I want to know whether it has been reinstated?

I noticed the map type option "Lows_Random_Maps_3_0" for the first time after I had installed the new patch.

Do you have BUG or BAT installed? BUG 3.6 and BAT 1.2 optionally install about six community maps, including this one.

I like that script, but I wondered how exactly it works and whether it truly generates maps or is just a meta-script that combines several other scripts (like pangäa, fractal and islands).

I believe it randomly picks from the other map scripts you have installed and uses that. It does not generate its own maps.

Does anyone know if you can declare war via world builder???

I used to love making the AI's declare war on me or even each other. This was taken out a few patches ago and I want to know whether it has been reinstated?
You can certainly do that in 3.19. In fact, I never knew the option had been disabled in any patch? :confused:

I think the main post should be updated with the relevant info thats been disseminated throughout these 19 pages.
IE:
  • Most (extensive) mods are incompatible with 3.19, check the relevant Mod's thread for details.
  • Save Games are generally compatible 3.17 to 3.19
  • the /altroot issue mentioned by Ruff_HI
  • BBAI has fixed the "bugs" of 3.19 and has been released.
  • *EmperorFool's note that you now can examine cities after capture, before choosing what to do with it.

* I also believe BBAI or BULL will be fixing the inconsistency that when you capture a city by Culture expansion, you don't get to examine the city.

I think the main post should be updated with the relevant info thats been disseminated throughout these 19 pages.
IE:
  • Most (extensive) mods are incompatible with 3.19, check the relevant Mod's thread for details.
  • Save Games are generally compatible 3.17 to 3.19
  • the /altroot issue mentioned by Ruff_HI
  • BBAI has fixed the "bugs" of 3.19 and has been released.
  • *EmperorFool's note that you now can examine cities after capture, before choosing what to do with it.

* I also believe BBAI or BULL will be fixing the inconsistency that when you capture a city by Culture expansion, you don't get to examine the city.

Add to that:

[*] After having captured a city you, are now given the choice to view the city screen before deciding whether to keep or raze the city.

Öjevind Lång;8185776 said:
Add to that:

[*] After having captured a city you, are now given the choice to view the city screen before deciding whether to keep or raze the city.

That's the 5th bullet point. ;)

Will the mods that came with the game be affected by this patch or do I have to look for them?

Will the mods that came with the game be affected by this patch or do I have to look for them?

It seems a massive chunk of what was actually in the patch file were updated files for the official mods of BtS. (I noticed while the patch was installing that most of the stuff was going straight to the mods folders.) I would assume Firaxis did their best to ensure all their mods would work with 3.19, but it's still likely that bugs were introduced into at least a couple of them.

If there are any bugs with the official mods, hopefully they would be fixed by the yet-to-be-released unofficial patch for 3.19.

From 3.19 patch RTW Directory
Code:
[LIST]
[*]Code Breaker (improved C3I & logistics)
[*]Anti Tank Gun (early artillery)
[*]Tank Destroyer (tank guns & destroyers)
[*]Chiang Kai-shek added
[*]USSR invades Poland! (fortnight 2 September 1939)
[*]UU graphics (most, some units don't have any)
[*]Captured cities gain 500 culture
[*]Settlers for "Open Play" mode & random maps
[*]Can now play random maps & pre-made maps
[*]BtS events converted to RtW
[*]Can now play ALL nations
[*]Moved intro text before Dawn of Man (instead of turn 1)
[*]Moved mode chooser to turn 1 (instead of turn 2)
[*]Infantry get bonus versus siege units
[*]Siege get bonus versus armor
[*]Armor get no bonus versus other types
[*]Anti Air get bonus versus air
[*]Iberia now called Nationalist Iberia
[*]China now called Peoples Republic of China
[*]Unit costs (EG: tanks more expense)
[*]PzIV's slightly nerfed
[*]Cavalry moves = 3 (was 2)
[*]Medium Tanks moves = 3 (was 4)
[*]Broadcast towers gives loads of espionage benefits now (and generate Great Spys)
[*]Bitter Winter affected area increased (as intended originally, but with turn-speed slowdown)
[*]Nations don't speak American any longer, speak their language (or closest)
[*]Great People from the era
[*]Bombers no longer carry units
[*]City/colony/distance maintenance costs reduced
[*]Finland-German open borders for Continuation War
[*]War Weariness nerfed
[*]Tweaked artillery bombardment
[*]AI will build a lot more fighters
[*]English infantry now Commonwealth infantry
[*]AI more aggressive and handles naval invasions
[*]Paras and Marines strength to 20
[*]Fascist industry now supports 100 units
[*]Spies now invisible (including GS)
[*]Sea trade routes fixed (oil fix)
[*]People's Republic of China now Republic of China (with correct flag)
[*]BF-109 fighter now before FW-190
[*]Chairman Zedong now Chairman Mao
[*]Anti Air units can now be put into Interception mode correctly
[*]Anti Air units can no longer bombard
[*]Destroyers cannot bombard
[*]Winter terrains fixed
[*]All processes now convert production at a rate of 100%
[*]Spelling/grammar mistakes
[*]Losing ability to build nukes fixed
[*]AI Airbombing (AI will now actually factory and civil bomb!)
[/LIST]

From the v3.19 directory

Code:
1. Fixed the graphics bug on Caerbulin's Assassin form.
2. The Doviello won't surrender if Lugh is alive.
3. Converted to the new DeclareWar func.
4. Converted to the new Civ4TerrainPlaneInfos.xml.

Question for you guys:

I had the D2D version, and I had to patch using that, and re-authenticate.

Is there any DRM that I need to worry about and remove? I don't want any SECURom or Starforce on my comp, or anything similarly nasty.

I'm going to be upset if the disk-versions have no DRM but I"m stuck with it (I'm a zealot on this)

Top Bottom