Sid Meier's Civilization IV Info Center

Again in no particular order.

1] The GameInformer is the "World's #1 computer and video game magazine". At least they say so -- and recently went ape when they were #1 in world subscription. You can't post screenshots of new magazine issues here on CF. Sorry.

2] As the developers are still changing many things -- even the screenshots provided are not set in stone. They probably only have screenshots. They are pretty though

3] At V.Soma {2}for the units - picture a warrior unit. picture it in combat. freeze the combat motion at 5 places from start of swing 'til end. put those 5 pix around a a banner on a stick. Thats the unit icon. {4} the little circles that you can use to do things w/units are now bigger squares in a box at the bottom center of the screen.

Hi Guys!

I found some NEW Civ IV music on the Firaxis Media Page!

It is short, but the music is great!! :D
http://www.firaxis.com/behindscenes/media.php

I'll see how I can interpret all downloads to the "In Game Images" Section of the article.

The music is 42 seconds long, BTW, and it is the style of music I've been hoping for! :)

[EDIT] You can download it either from Firaxis' site, or checking out the new update HERE.

[EDIT2] I can't stop listening to it. :mischief:

Also:
http://www.firaxis.com/community/asksid.php

Question: Given the amount of depth that was put into Civilization III (the wars that resulted from late-game resource shortages provided hours of fun), where else can one go with Civilization IV? What kind of game play, graphic, or interface improvements can we expect to see that you are able to divulge at this time?
Sid: Good questions. Can't answer them now, though. We are planning to do a major story on Civ IV on this web site sometime in the next couple of months; keep your eyes peeled.

You also might wanna listen to the Radio Segment Download on the Media page.
At the end, there is a little short section where Nick Rusko-Berger talks about what it takes to create Civ IV.

Great finds Civrules :)

Though I don't agree about the music, it seemed very average. I'm sure everything will come together nicely, though. I just hope CFC gets a Sid exclusive :)

Civrules said:
Hi Guys!

I found some NEW Civ IV music on the Firaxis Media Page!

It is short, but the music is great!! :D
http://www.firaxis.com/behindscenes/media.php

I'll see how I can interpret all downloads to the "In Game Images" Section of the article.

The music is 42 seconds long, BTW, and it is the style of music I've been hoping for! :)

[EDIT] You can download it either from Firaxis' site, or checking out the new update HERE.

This music was in C3C. It plays during the Mesoamerica (and AoD?) Conquests.

Cuivienen said:
This music was in C3C. It plays during the Mesoamerica (and AoD?) Conquests.

It is similar, yes. But it is not the same as the Mesoamerican soundtracks.

Civrules said:
Hi Guys!

I like it. It has the same style as civ3, only it sounds more epic. I felt C3C music was the same way. I guess they got better at making it. ;)

Civrules said:
It is similar, yes. But it is not the same as the Mesoamerican soundtracks.

Trust me, I just managed to get "Mesoamerican2" from C3C perfectly in sync with this Civ4 music and they matched. Of course, the Civ4 clip is much shorter and only matches a small part of the C3C music.

Well, I can confirm it too-that is the music from the C3:C Mesoamerican scenario. Now I am confused :confused: .

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Aussie_Lurker said:
Well, I can confirm it too-that is the music from the C3:C Mesoamerican scenario. Now I am confused :confused: .

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.
I hope they don't cannibalize/copy CivIII gfx and audio elements into CivIV. It should have a new look and feel and not just be a "super mod" of CivIII by Firaxis.

Well, what about a completely new idea, then?
Your nation's borders could be spread by the use of religious buildings. This will be a new killer feature of cIV. Stay tuned to get more information soon.

:-D

Thanks Civrules your thread has done a fine job of whetting my appetite. I can't wait to buy my own Christmas, or New Year's, or maybe Halloween gift.

Ugh, religious power --> state borders? Tell me you're joking :)

And they probably won't be copying much graphical stuff from previous Civs, seeing as they're going 3D.

Still, I'm concerned they'll rely on the crutch of 3D to insist it's a "totally new game". But hey, they've yet to announce features for the game, so here we wait.

Well the music fits in the ancient era and i like it but not something special.

P.S.
I can't stop listening the AoE III Music

The distortion of the square based maps always bugged me...i.e. 3 squares on a diagonal is a longer distance than on the horizontal.

Wow, I haven't been here in over a year...

Anyway, this is awesome news. Since my two other major fandoms are pretty much dead, you'll be seeing a lot more of me around here, especially now with this news of CivIV. Can't wait to get some more info about it.

Top Bottom