Deity OCC Science Victory - G&K Strategy and Tips

Yes. One Babylon city near mountain. Great place for petra.

I think my problem that I am doing continents and it takes awhile after astronomy for other civs to befriend me.

Thus, I can't start RA at T120. It happens around 150-160.

I attached a good starting immortal save but it is continents, not pangea.

Attachments

• BabImoGreat_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    874.9 KB · Views: 152
Today I have beaten my personal record winning at turn 222 with Holland. Of course I did it with a very lucky start, but with a normal start you can expect 250 wins.

This is my personal Hall of Fame playing only OCC Deity Science:

(It is in spanish but I guess the data shown is clear).

Pangea, Standard speed and map size, Deity and I guess you can see it's OCC only due to the low score.

In the most shocking ones like Holland 222 and Maya 226 I had Petra (It is game breaking). In all of them I had an observatory in place except for 265 Babylon.

I try hard to have an observatory it is too important (affects research speed, RA output and burned GS output.

I have the initial save of my Holland 222 win. I have attached the file.

DLCs present: all civs except Polynesia and Denmark and Ancient Wonders.

I hope there is not a problem with the file for having the game in spanish.

I moved the settler twice and founded on the cotton (There is only 1 polder place so you play without UA at all, but you have mountain, river, nice desert tiles for Petra and abundant luxuries, quite an astonishing starting place, so I guess anyone could beat my record).
You are cornered in the map, surrounded by some CS and only Austria is near (really close In fact and will attack you many times and finally marriage all those CS completely surrounding you xD). You have aluminium (although I always buy it from the AIs so I sell it for cash) oil (although due to my techpath I always discover it while building the spaceship so no use at all) and 4 horses outside your City Radius.

About doing a let' play I don't feel like talking alone while playing but I guess I could do a kind of let's play with screenshots.

I have uptated the Opening post with many new info, I think I didn't really explain the last part of the game which is a bit tricky.

For me, the main thing to speed up your wins are the use of Spys to get friends, a planned techpath, avoid getting unwanted GPs, a Mountain and money to pay your RAs on time.

Attachments

• Holland OCC 222 start.Civ5Save
    595.3 KB · Views: 199
I will try to learn how to upload the file xD

When you post, go down under Additional options, then click on manage attachments :)

Well, did my first attempt at this today, and I did okay. I probably could have gotten ~260ish if the game had kept going, but Hiwatha just massively ran away with things and launched on freaking 240. He got 16 wonders including PT and Hubble at ridiculous times, Gahndi was there to make sure I didn't get Pisa, and the schizo AI made it so I was only able to sign RAs with two players. I also need to work on using spies to get more friends(this was definitely my biggest screwup) as you suggest and to prioritize my techs better along with a few other gameplay improvements I saw I can make.

Still, it was pretty fun, and I look forward to trying this again in a game where there's not a runaway to screw it all up by taking all the wonders. Your OP was very useful :)

Spoiler :

Congrats on the 222 launch as well!

Tried this just the other day (with Russia), it seemed to work ok, but nowhere near as good as described by the OP.

I moved my settler to get to a river and a mountain, so settled on turn 3, but I think the biggest problem with my start was that I only had Citrus (jungle) for luxuries, so it took me a very long time to start trading. Also I missed out on Porcelain tower. I built Artemis, Sistine, Pisa and Hubble.

In the end I lost the game on turn 297, so quite late, to a Diplo victory by Danes, who were also slightly ahead of me to a science victory along with Hiawatha.

I had RA going with 4-5 people almost constantly (after Renaissance), but my max science output in the end was only 590 bpt, which is very low, in fact when after finishing SS Engine I had to research Railroad and it was going to take me 5 turns I just gave up all hope.

I suppose my question is: Does a jungle lux start slow you down?

Thanks to this strategy I got my first deity win ever. :D
It was also my first win on the highest difficulty in any of the games in the Civ series.

I'm not that disciplined, so I didn't follow all of the suggestions exactly, but I did get a safe starting location and managed to launch my SS on turn 288. Maria Theresa had three parts completed by then.

My favourite part of the OP:
- Once you have all the parts declare war on all the AIs for fun,[...].
:lol:

Thank you, Sadato!

I'm puzzled by how you're supposed to get either Petra or Tower of Pisa on Deity. I've seen them build Petra at turn 66 and Pisa at turn 117, both of which seem earlier than a human player could get them even if you did a straight beeline. How do you get these wonders?

SH is Stonehenge.

I only try Petra if it is avaible once I have my NC and I research currency on my path to Public Administration. Most of time if won't be possible, but some games it is, I don't count on it.

Pisa most of times is available at T130, after Astronomy I research straight to Pisa. It is not that important, If you fail to Pisa skip it and go straight to PT because that's really vital.

Just tried this and won my first Deity game ever. It took until turn 297 which seems a lot slower than what people are posting in this thread, and one of the CPUs nearly won a diplomatic victory at 290 (had 9 out of 10 required votes).

This thread was really helpful! Thanks!

Very nice guide, but why can noone (who isn't speaking a Germanic language) spell Landsknecht right :mad:
EDIT: Actually, the writer is apparently playing the Spanish version of the game, so it might be spelled otherwise there (like Guillermo). My apologies.

I got my first Deity victory with this guide too, only on turn 302 tought. I was basically at war the whole time with my neighbour, i was in middle of pangea too so i was surrounded by civs everywhere. The war most likely slowed me down a lot. The worst part is that she was leading in military too and we were fighting for nr1 tech slot the whole game so i couldnt even get some help with better military untis.

She almost won the science too, she was only missing 1 part when i finished my space rocket. But was quite fun game as i had to defend all the time and had plenty of citadels thanks to many great generals.

I was doing fine on immortal in my 2nd try, this time I managed to get observatory, had 3-4 friends, then I made the mistake of agreeing on DOW one of the two other AI's that no one liked, my mistake was that I somehow had an agreement of friendship with that AI... In the end no one liked me since I could not be trusted as 'friend', so almost no RA's.. After a while my neighbour India spammed cities close and then hacked his way into my territory with 3 citadels, then i suicidally DOW'ed him, but to weak army and after a while 'exited to main screen'.. OK this was turn 300+ anyway so late anyway since too few RA's.

I find the game hard, even only taking care of one city, skipping religion and the CS management parts, maybe I should step down one level ;)

You're right, It is wrongly translated in spanish, already corrected.

BTW I have some news. the other day I managed a 202 Victory with Ethiopia.

Something weird happened with my accumulated beakers after a wave of RAs, It looked like the techs had a huge discount and my accumulated beakers didn't go down the whole price of the techs, I was even gaining a lot of beakers with each tech completed, quite bugged. It never happened again so I don't know why this happened. Later I had plenty of 25k RAs so I could finish the tree in no time.

Check it:

Turn 183 picture is just amazing! :crazyeye:

I hope they will patch this soon. No HoF games are running mainly because of that. I never encountered such bug yet. Still a nice game for you :goodjob:

Oh my, turn 183, this is the main reason i don't play scientific games atm cause something seems to be totally haywire in the RA mechanics, it feels like cheating and not a real experience you'd obtain through vigourous work put in to your games.

Top Bottom