GoobNES02: The Cold Civil War [Preview Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 - Ya, I know Panda. I can't host PNGs on CFC, but I will try GIFs.
Huh? I use PNGs for my NES. Do you have a computer problem?

OC: How can you be a conservative gay?
I don't think it's mutually exclusive.

Goob, I have a quick question. Since part of Canada's formation was due to the civil war, particularly the strength of the north afterwards, did it form differently in this TL?

Use Imageshack.us to host your pics, it automatically turns them into png format. All you need to do is to copy-and-paste the link which you get, and put image tags on it.

Approximately when will the real thread open, and when will orders be due for the first update?

Today and Saturday I think.

Its opening today.....YES, YES, YES!!!! Its tech level of 1965, so no man on the moon, right?

Level 1965 tech?That should mean biological weapons and advanced fusion research :p

1965 RL Tech, not GoobNES1 Tech! ;)

No. We totally had fusion reactors in OTL 1965. The oil companies just bought them up and have been denying us unlimited power for 40 years. :rolleyes: Fight teh futar!11 :p

Goobnes is best thing we have, where we can actually research advanced modern era techs back in the 60s :D Modern NESes dont live long enough for us to have fun with the near-future technology.

Think of it as super research option set on in a civ game.

YYYYAAAY YAYYAYAYAYAYAY FOR GOOBNESS :D i oh and will there be threads for the different alliances?

When will the thread go up today? Egypt will rule:goodjob:

I'm giddy like a leperchaunon on LSD about GoobNES

Kentharu said:
YYYYAAAY YAYYAYAYAYAYAY FOR GOOBNESS :D i oh and will there be threads for the different alliances?

We can, but personally: I find those pointless and they usually just go inactive over time.

We can just conduct our diplomacy over AIM or PM's if need be.

* ... crawls home from work ... finds self besieged by answers in thread ... * :p

Ok, time for some responses ...

Gelion - Welcome. I will alter that description slightly in the rules to make it more explicitly clear.

silver - The nations which are IRL. http://www.thecommonwealth.org It is countries that were once part of the Empire upon which the Land Never set. Canada, UK, India, Australia, New Zealand, etc. The Commonwealth doesn't do all that much. It's a lot like the NAP, it's there, it meets every so often, but doesn't do much. It's basically like a Country Club for ex-members of the UK. You can try and change that, but remember that the members of the Commonwealth are very diverse, and unlikely to agree on much. Yes, it's the same here.

andis-1 - Thanks, I'll try that for the main thread.

Swiss Bezerker - Yes, I know, its sound like a horrible oxymoron. Politically, my economic views are extremely right wing, very pro-free market, small gov't, etc. Socially, I am kinda center-right. So that equals Conservative over all. And, to flip the question, why are so many Straight people that I know Liberal?

Lord_Iggy - I am not sure why CFC won't allow me to host PNGs. I blame my ISP. No, Canada didn't really form any differently. The Brits still helped, basically Canada is a bit ideologically closer to the USA then IRL.

Storm Rider - I will be opening the main thread very soon. The NES will be officially starting today, I have sort of an Update 0 to get things going. Orders will be due for the first update by Saturday, but I shall inform everybody of that in the new thread.

Cleric - Yup, 1965 IRL tech levels. All of your military technology is essentially just what you had IRL in 1965. And this is not GoobNES01, no Fusion, etc. :p

Swissempire - :lol: Don't get TOO excited now ... :p

Kentharu - I reccomend that you do, I use them for diplo and such, but it is not necessary. PMs usually work best for diplo with your alliance, they are so much more private.

Everybody - The thread will be up shortly, as soon as I reserve the 12ish posts I will need ( *curses the stupid 30k Character Limit ... * ). The NES will officially start when I say it does in likely an hour or so.

Everything is IRL right, so like the Arab League is up and running?

Yup. I am going to make rules concerning that.

Last question i swear.... How many projects can you have going at once?

Swissempire - As many as you can afford.

This thread is going to be CLOSED shortly.

Here is the new thraed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom