Warhammer Conversion Beta - Download/Debug Thread

sorry ive been away for a bit guys. been on holiday in Tassie :D

the unlimited miscast is a bug that i havent figured out yet. im crossing fingers that FfH does something in Shadow that will fix it but...

:wow: do your level 2 casters ast spells w/out miscasts? mine always miscast untill they are level 3...

In order to take out the miscast you need to alter the unitinfos. There's a tag for a miscastchance. Simply set this to 0. All spells should work with all tiers then.;)

Awsome! Thanks Ploe :D

that will be in the next Spells mod patch :)

as a note to all, im re doing the whoe thing again to try weedle out some of the more disastrous bugs (like stuffing up the world builder) so the next patch may be a while away. but, to make it better, im also adding in greenskin and Chaos magic :D as well as a few nifty things from FfH Shadow ;)

I got 3.13 bts from the ingame update is that what you mean if not what is vanilla?

update(oh and I got into the game for once only problem is once I build a city it crashes :(

yeh, thats the patch i mean (vanilla means the original BTS game by firaxis without additional mods ;) )

have you made it so python acceptions pop up showing the error?
please do this so we can see what the real error is. To enable python popups in your CivilizationIV.ini file change:

Code:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 1
To:

Code:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0

Hey! Have you seen my invissible city? I know it was here...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 125
Do your mod works on the french version of the game ? I only get empty menus (without texts). But maybe I installed it wrong.And if I click on an empty line so as to launch the game, it crashes.(I tried to load the giant old world map)
It seems like I won't be able to playtest.

Do your mod works on the french version of the game ? I only get empty menus (without texts). But maybe I installed it wrong.And if I click on an empty line so as to launch the game, it crashes.(I tried to load the giant old world map)
It seems like I won't be able to playtest.

You need to change the language to english in the options menu.

Okay, I'll try it as soon as I get home. THX

-What have you done whith your head?
-What? Oh, i fell of the chariot. Nothing serious. :crazyeye:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 124
The "Wheelwright" building is supposed to give chariot units +2 exp, but it doesn't. At least not for "Settras" Chariots and War Chariots.

I had a python error concerning insane. I post it because it is quite diferent of the one already spotted earlier.

File "CvRandomEventInterface" line 489, indoTraitInsane
UnboundLocalError : local variable 'iRnd 3' referenced before assignment

Elfslaying doesn't seem to be properly named : who's going to slay who ?(-40% against elves)

'Goblin Archer' is named 'Goblin arrer'

Khazuhan leaders are identical, apart from one of them being financial. Who'll play the other one ?

Does WAAGH big and small have any effect for now ?

I had a python error concerning insane. I post it because it is quite diferent of the one already spotted earlier.

File "CvRandomEventInterface" line 489, indoTraitInsane
UnboundLocalError : local variable 'iRnd 3' referenced before assignment

Elfslaying doesn't seem to be properly named : who's going to slay who ?(-40% against elves)

'Goblin Archer' is named 'Goblin arrer'

Khazuhan leaders are identical, apart from one of them being financial. Who'll play the other one ?

Does WAAGH big and small have any effect for now ?

"Goblin Arrer" is intentional, it's Orc/Goblin-slang

@PL
"Elfslaying" should be "Fear of Elves"(for Goblins)

The rest might have to wait;)

Just re-installed CIV4 BTS hoping to see the progress since my PC crapped out.

However, currently the download fails for me. Timeout.
possibly CFF server has some problems.
will try again tomorow.

cheers guys. :)

so patch 3.13 official or unofficial version? :p
the official version seems to work fine.

playing skaven, epic, hemi, prince.

...hedgewizard: can cast after move finished. deliberate 2 moves with 'haste'?
...dito (maybe all mage-units) double upgrade at level3: one for magic, then a free combat promotion?
...dito: cosmetic, the staff light lacks transparency in the lefthand unitinfo screen.
...seems to not promote after the first magic level...this was known iirc.

...where are all the icons I made for skaven, and unit types?
before my PC died, didn't I upload a modcomp featuring the skaven units? I'll go look for them now in the forum/fanatics-files. ah found. I'll look into modular-modding and try to whip the rats into shape coming weeks. (barring some great change)

...building wheelwright, cannot cancel build. edit: can, but only after adding another building in front of the cue. edit: other buildings do this as well.

...Astragarth's (Chaos Elves) can move two tiles, while they have only 1 movement. AFAIK this is not supposed to happen, even with mountain-walking. they have no special promotions but the Chaos-dwarf one. edit: not a bug. Overpowered? other warriors need to be faster than dwarves on normal ground surely?

...monument: remove the sid-tips it makes no sense.

CTD...May have been a temple of corruption. no further info.

you need the official BTS patch 3.13 to play :)

ive disposed of haste in the spells mod, but yes, the deliberate 2 moves is intended.

all mage units get a free promotion when they upgrade to the next level mage. this is also intended.

...seems to not promote after the first magic level...this was known iirc.
i dont understand this, sorry.

...where are all the icons I made for skaven, and unit types?
Ploe isnt a huge fan of adding buttons, he probably just never got around to them :) if you send the files to me i will put them into the spells mod :)

Top Bottom