What's a your science religion?

In my book, interfaith dialog rides on getting the mosque of djenne and cheap missionaries--and not playing epic or marathon. You get 10 beakers per believer in the other religion, and attrition can actually work in your favor, since you get 10 beakers-pp regardless of whether the missionary's strength is 1000 or 250. It can be a rocking belief combined with missionary spam and at a good time in the game.

Thanks tetley for taking a shot at explaining.

You get 10 beakers per believer in the other religion

Okay, so only significant early in the game.

In my book, interfaith dialog rides on getting the mosque of djenne and cheap missionaries .... It can be a rocking belief combined with missionary spam and at a good time in the game.

If you have all that going for you, why not be aggressive with converting neighbors and CS? (And then don't pick ID as a founder belief.) It seems to me that the circumstances where you can make ID work are identical to those that favor aggressive spread. What am I missing? IMHO the MoD is more valuable for 5-hit prophets than 3-hit missionaries. So it seems to me that ID can be interesting, but far from your best option for the circumstances. I would like for it to be useful when my religion is mediocre, but I have not been able to make that work.

Yeah I've realised now after a couple of games that getting JE is impossible on higher difficulties, last time i tried china got it at turn 65 (Quick) and for human players that's not possible.

My opinion on ID is: don't do it. The science you get from that is so little compared to what you could get by buying lategame scientists.

So i was thinking this:
Pantheon: whatever gives you the most faith. Usually stone circles(+2 from quarries), earth mother(+1 from salt, iron and copper) or tears of the godess(+2 from gems and pearls). I would prioritize the ones that you can work AND get food from because you are going to work those anyways. Fe if you have one stone and one gem inside your borders you should go stone circles. Yes you need to improvements the tile first, but you have time to improve that before you need a luxury.

This is an idea for a religion for a tall science empire.

First choises: mosques to get as much faith as possible for scientists and engineers, and swords into plowshares or religious community(?)(+1 production per follower). Reason i'm sceptical about plowshares is because i don't know if it's 15% of total food (in which case veck yeah!) or 15% of excess food (which would be insignificant since you rarely have more than maybe 3 excess, even less lategame)

Second choises: again depending on how SiP work but if you got that then get religious community here, or would you guys think something with happiness would be more beneficial? Lastly religious texts, making it almost impossible for AI to convert your cities. Howhever i'm debating the one that makes prophets cheaper, again to increase that FpT to buy more scientists/engineers,

So what do you all think? Sound good?

I tried ID, not enhancing and instead getting as many 200 faith missionaries. I ended up with just 3, needed one for one cities, so 5 hits against caps. The science early game is neat, but not game changing. And the founder belief is useless very quickly. Very underwhelming. I would have been better off with Tithe, and buying science buildings.

That's hard to tell because paying for science buildings can be expensive and city states can be useful for alliances. Commerce has a social policy that makes shopping cheaper which makes a academy or university purchase a rip off.

Top Bottom