Civ Contacts

mqduck

Chieftain
Is it just me, or is it impossible to have communications with more than 7 other civs at once? As in, you can only see the first 7 civs you come in contact with in the Foreign Advisor tab, and you have no way to open a dialog with anybody else...

What exactly is up with that?

-Jeff

yes ... that would have been polite .... next time i wont help and just leave it to u D. Boon's Ghost

but then what is the point of having a FAQ ..... u are right .... if no one helped then people would be forced to use the FAQ

Suppose you could have been more polite Selous... ;)

I too only found out about the shift+right click on Civfanatics; first, it shouldn´t be necessary for us to have to do that,7+ foreign advisor screens should have been there from day one,second,I,like many just start a game and play,I don´t read the manual of games I´m aquainted with,just browsed through the "to those who have played before" part and when I do need more info I read the manual on specific details but I didn´t see it.

It´s like somone said,the 7+ civilizations attribute was added at a very late stage.

What I can not understand is why, with lots of blank space on the Foreign Advisor screen, there is NO information about how to contact the 9+ civ. At least put a information button in the bottom right screen "need to see more civs?" that would give you the instructions. Even then it's very difficult to know with 9+ civs whether two countries have a MPP as you literally have to cycle through all other civs to find that out. The Foreign Advisor screen is poorly designed for 9+ civs.

Just forget about the foreign advisor screen.. Press shift-d or click on the little 'd' icon at the bottom-right of the screen (where you see the unit info, hte year, etc).

It sure is,but from what I´ve heard it´s because they implemented more than seven civs at a time only very late in the game development.Talking about cycling through civs,what annoys me too is the fact that there are no graphs and info pages on other civs anymore,it tells one nowhere if another civ discovers a new tech,usually I only find out that a civ has a new tech to barter for, when the message "so and so civ has started work on so and so wonder",I miss the info pages.

Just press D huh,no that is not good enough :)

You just get a little window with all civs,but you see nothing about their relations to each other,a fairly important information.

Top Bottom