Team Information and Administration Contact

since we are goint to play now for a while togehter here as a team (or better, as a "tribe"), we need some basic rules to organize all this. with the first polls we have already started to get our crowd a little better organized, but i think now we need to agree on a basic ruleset we all have to follow... ...our constitution:

her is what i came up (or better, borrowed personally from another demo game with only slight changes:rolleyes:):

constitution

§1.1 all mavericks have 1 vote
§1.2 all votes are public votes (polls)

§2.1 each maverick may apply for any official job. Each job is elected via a public poll and lasts 1 month, beginning first day of the month, 00:00 end ending last day of month 00:00. Only exception is the main turnplayer, which is DMOC.
If you are elected into a job an want to step back, you have to inform the major 3 days beforhand, so he can organize a new poll for the remaining month.
If major wants to step back, he has to inform the main diplomat 3 days beforhand, so he can organize a new poll for the remaining month.
§2.2 you can apply for any job here. the major takes care to set up public votes for all jobs 3 days before month ends and filles in the candidates that appied in said threat
§2.3 each maverick who isnt pleased with how a specific job is done, can ask the major (or in case the major is concerned, the main diplomat) to start a public vote to remove the candidat. If voted with yes, removed candidat remains 1 days longer in his post, so major can organize a quick poll for the remaining monthly period. If the removed candidat occupied the majors post, the organisation of the quick poll will be done by the main diplomat.
§2.4 each maverick can only occupy one official post
§2.5 if an urgent decision is needed, the major / main turnplayer / main diplomat (or any substitutes if they are in charge) can start a "fast poll", which ends within 24 hrs (or less). Any fast poll must be clearly labeled as such.
§2.6 the major / main turnplayer / main diplomat (or any substitutes if they are in charge) can declare an ordinary poll (3 days) decided after the first day, if a clear majority is shown for one option (40% of all members voted for this option, second best option has less then 30% of votes)
§2.7 the major has the right to veto against 2.6 (but not to overrule the outcome) and keep poll open for three days if he thinks it necessary.

§3 the major
his job is
-to organize votes of all kind
-to coordinate all internal matters
-to end internal discussions
-to decide polles which end undecided (his vote counts double in this case)
the major is officially the leader of our tribe. He gets represented by his diplomats, but never represents our tribe himself.

§4 the main turnplayer
his job is
-to execute the turns according to the planning done
-to inform in time when he has no time, so the substitutes can step in
-to decide mm-discussions which end undecided (see major)
-to post the needed turn descriptions and pictures in the various threats (including the spy threat)
if there is 8hrs before end of turn no feedback from main turnplayer, second turnplayer takes over, if there is 6hrs before end of turn no feedback from main turnplayer and second turnplayer, third turnplayer takes over
if there is no turnplayer around up to 30min before end of turn, any maverick can step in to execute the turn according to the plans

§5 the main diplomat
his job is
- to represent our tribe in all external matters
- to inform in time when he has no time, so the substitutes can step in
the main diplomat acts as deputy major if the is major is absent, with the same rights as th major for this period.

§6 our secret service
the work of our secret service is to read the democrapics of the enemy teams and to prepare the informations gathered so that the rest of us can understand it. the secret service is organized independently and the head of the secret service is choosen in the secret service threat by the agents working there. the head of the secret service is only responsable to the major. our secret service you can find here

§7 secret policy
all informations in the maverick subforum has to remain in this forum. Only exceptions are autorized messages and communications via our diplomats. Persons who violate this rule will get banned from our tribe once and for all.

§8 strategic decisions
since strategic decisions are mainly long term goals, strategic decisions arent decided in polls, unless we have various well worked out strategies to poll for. if a maverick wants to influence directly the strategy we are going down, he has to post his plan in the sankasten or any other planning thread. as long as there exists no detailed plan on any strategy a maverick wants to propose, we have to assume that there wont be a well worked out strategy behind it.
its the majors job to check, if a strategy is worked out well enough to consider making a poll between a "standing strategy" and a "new idea". the major has all rights to consult with other maverick he thinks are able to evaluate if a strategy is worked out well enough or not.

§9 the war council
in case of an emergency situation (=enemy at the gates), the war council has the power to cancel any standing strategy and to execute any emergency plan they deem to be neccessary immediately. the war council consists of 3 members that are elected for 3 month. any member of the war council can have a second job. the war council can be convoked by any member of said council in any case of emergency situation. this can only be vetoed by the main turnplayer and the major. once convoked, the war council takes over for a period of 5 turns. after 5 turns, it has to be convoked again. the war council decides by majority if all members are present, else the present member(s) decide on short term emergency plans. the war council meets here

§10 who´s who
who occupies currently the above described jobs, you can find here

§11 new members
all new members have to accept this constitution when joining our tribe. if they dont like this constitution, they have the same right as all other members see §12

§12 to change the constitution
each maverick can ask the major to start a poll to add something to this constitution or to change something in this constituiton.

end

everybody feel free to add, change, contribute to this, after some days, our major should put the final version up for a poll

Since our team has 26 members (the roster needs to be updated), I would recommend one addendum to the above proposed constitution:

1) In case of polls which are opened for three days in order to speed things up if one of the options on the poll gets 11 votes (which is more than 40%) and all other options don't exceed 8 votes (30%) the option which has majority is automatically approved.

That way if there is an urgent matter that needs to be resolved in a day can be passed, even if all of the members didn't visit the forum on that day.

Major reserve the right to veto this fast vote (but not to overrule the outcome) and keep poll open for three days if necessary.

Also I would recommend that the head of diplomacy acts as a deputy major, and have same authority as a major unless in some matters which would clash (meaning diplomat can decide the vote if major is for any reason unavailable).

Everything else looks pretty good!

@ahmed,
Agree in principle, but I think we can work around that by simply giving a schedule for the vote (24, 48 hrs).

I know I might get flamed for this, but I think democracy is overrated sometimes. :D I would prefer giving top-tier players power of veto somehow...
To not beat around the bush: DMOC, Snaaty and obs are better players than the rest of us. I believe that any vote with consequences on game-play should include a 2:1 majority among them (ideally 3:0).

@BBP

I figured that as well, but I think this way is better since everyone is happy.

a) the poll is open for three days, so everyone got a chance to vote
b) we settled the majority so if after 2,5 days we have that number there is no need to wait for the execution.

I know I might get flamed for this, but I think democracy is overrated sometimes. :D I would prefer giving top-tier players power of veto somehow...
To not beat around the bush: DMOC, Snaaty and obs are better players than the rest of us. I believe that any vote with consequences on game-play should include a 2:1 majority among them (ideally 3:0).

no, cant agree with you. not only are there other players among us which (at least in my opinion, only after seeing some planning done by them) are as good or better as mentioned players (good that you mentioned me, so i can say this without getting hacked down), it would go also against the idea of a democracy game. goal here is to have fun and play as a team. but there is an easy workaround to avoid us changing strategy via polls frequently, see below, dont worry;)

polls
in polls, all have the same vote, with the only exception of the major:)

concerning strategic decision:
strategic decisions arent decided in polls, unless we have various well worked out strategies to poll for. if a maverick wants to influence directly the strategy we are going down, he has to post his plan in the sankasten or any other planning thread. as long as there exists no detailed plan on any strategy a maverick wants to propose, we have to assume that there wont be a well worked out strategy behind it.

its the majors job to check, if a strategy is worked out well enough to consider making a poll between a "standing strategy" and the "new idea". its pretty obvious that the major has all rights to consult with other maverick he thinks are able to evaluate if a strategy is worked out well enough or not.

a simple exemple:
our techpath is agri-bronze, cause it prooved to be best in the sankasten and is worked out in detail and confirmed by several players with own tests (niklas, dmoc, snaaty, obs)
if now a player wants to vote/poll for going agri-reli, he has to come up with a detailed plan why to do so. no plan, no poll, no agri-reli;)

I like this constitution and think it's a great idea! Like the ammendment too.

Personally, think 1 Mav/1 Vote is a good idea. Feel if someone wants more sway they can and will argue their case persuasively...

§2.3 each maverick who isnt pleased with how a specific job is done, can ask the major (or in case the major is concerned, the main diplomat) to start a public vote to remove the candidat. If voted with yes, removed candidat remains 3 days longer in his post, so major can organize a new poll for the remaining month. If the removed candidat occupied the majors post, the organisation of the new poll will be done by the main diplomat.

Perhaps this should also be changed to a quick vote. If someone is voted out, can they really be expected to do their job well for the next 3 turns (especially if they were voted out in the first place). Or if worst comes to worst sabotage is also not out of the question. Hopefully we'll never need this portion of the constitution but better safe than sorry.

Perhaps this should also be changed to a quick vote. If someone is voted out, can they really be expected to do their job well for the next 3 turns (especially if they were voted out in the first place). Or if worst comes to worst sabotage is also not out of the question. Hopefully we'll never need this portion of the constitution but better safe than sorry.

good point, i will change that

after some thoughts on the war room, i added the following to the constitution, cause it might come the day we have to react really fast to a given threat (for exemple immortals approaching). in that case, following a strategy like going after the oracle + mids might end in fast destruction, so we need some authorised players to act immediately, change all plans and to take any messures needed to secure short term survival:

the war council
in case of an emergency situation (=enemy at the gates), the war council has the power to cancel any standing strategy and to execute any emergency plan they deem to be neccessary immediately. the war council consists of 3 members that are elected for 3 month. any member of the war council can have a second job. the war council can be convoked by any member of said council in any case of emergency situation. this can only be vetoed by the main turnplayer and the major. once convoked, the war council takes over for a period of 5 turns. after 5 turns, it has to be convoked again. the war council decides by majority if all members are present, else the present member(s) decide on short term emergency plans

my proposal for the war council for the first 3 month is:
dmoc, obs, niklas

the war council
in case of an emergency situation (=enemy at the gates), the war council has the power to cancel any standing strategy and to execute any emergency plan they deem to be neccessary immediately. the war council consists of 3 members that are elected for 3 month. any member of the war council can have a second job. the war council can be convoked by any member of said council in any case of emergency situation. this can only be vetoed by the main turnplayer and the major. once convoked, the war council takes over for a period of 5 turns. after 5 turns, it has to be convoked again. the war council decides by majority if all members are present, else the present member(s) decide on short term emergency plans

my proposal for the war council for the first 3 month is:
dmoc, obs, niklas
:goodjob: This was sorta what I was trying to say in my previous post... No objections to the proposed council line-up.

FYI, I recruited Silu to join us. :) He should get forum access later today.

Also, KingMorgan's on the team now, in case we wanna keep the above list up-to-date.

@ team:

do we really need to poll for the constitution yes/no?... ...i dont really think so cause its just some basics and organisational stuff... ...so my opinion is no...

if nobody asks for a poll within the next 24 hrs, i will ask dmoc to copy the constitution into the first post (so the links to the other threads which are incorporated in the constitution are easy to find for all new members and the constitution gets declared "official")

if nobody asks for a poll within the next 24 hrs, i will ask dmoc to copy the constitution into the first post (so the links to the other threads which are incorporated in the constitution are easy to find for all new members and the constitution gets declared "official")

i have informed dmoc, so he can copy the constitution (including links) now into the first post of this thread. so we have the most important info and links together with our team dates and the member list (the member list is in post 2)

Also roster needs to be updated, King Morgan is in team as well, which makes us 27 strong!

what´s our official opinion about the new discussion to reduce timer to 22hrs? - im basically against it, cause this is supposed to be a demo-game and therefore there should be a little more time for discussion than in a normal pitboss game...

but as it might stand, we might need to poll that withing the team:confused:

We should poll, I'm against it as well, but we could speed up next few turns IMO.

i have informed dmoc, so he can copy the constitution (including links) now into the first post of this thread. so we have the most important info and links together with our team dates and the member list (the member list is in post 2)

Done. :)

Also roster needs to be updated, King Morgan is in team as well, which makes us 27 strong!

Done. :)

what´s our official opinion about the new discussion to reduce timer to 22hrs? - im basically against it, cause this is supposed to be a demo-game and therefore there should be a little more time for discussion than in a normal pitboss game...

but as it might stand, we might need to poll that withing the team:confused:

I'm against that as well, for reasons you said. Not to mention that other teams will be meeting each other (likely) within 5-10 turns so messaging becomes more important and requires time.

As newly appointed mayor I have opened a poll here.

Top Bottom