New NESes, ideas, development, etc

@North King

Maybe if the god chracters themselves didn't create the world, but the players did in a pre-NES before hand, or something.

I'd definitely be interested in creating a planet before an NES, or just the GodNES idea in general...

But shall I pave a path of glory for my chosen people, or make them suffer and writhe in pools of their own blood?

Whatever the case I'm still going to write tripper stories.

Should there perhaps be a preNES where players play ultra powerful entities that shape the world. They wouldn't physically manifest, wouldn't be concerned with attracting worshipers, but would ultimately fade away after about 3 turns of development. This preNES would go by very fast, but depending on the amount of stories the players write could provide a good back story for the main NES.

Each player would be given a set amount of points to put towards altering the world, and once the points are used up, that's it, you're gone. At the end of the 3 turns any unspent points will be released into the world as raw magical craziness which may spawn some problems for the up and coming gods.

Should there perhaps be a preNES where players play ultra powerful entities that shape the world. They wouldn't physically manifest, wouldn't be concerned with attracting worshipers, but would ultimately fade away after about 3 turns of development. This preNES would go by very fast, but depending on the amount of stories the players write could provide a good back story for the main NES.

Each player would be given a set amount of points to put towards altering the world, and once the points are used up, that's it, you're gone. At the end of the 3 turns any unspent points will be released into the world as raw magical craziness which may spawn some problems for the up and coming gods.

I wholly support this movement.

Again, why are we trying to sanitize this? If you want a Gods NES, do it. Go the whole hog. Do an actual Gods NES where you have fully fledged Gods screwing the world up.

At least, that's what I'd like to see. :p

Again, why are we trying to sanitize this? If you want a Gods NES, do it. Go the whole hog. Do an actual Gods NES where you have fully fledged Gods screwing the world up.

At least, that's what I'd like to see. :p

Because it'd be a little difficult to manage and because I like this way better :p This way players can create the world that they'll get to romp around in. If they want to change the world, they can work to do so. If they don't want to, they can focus doing other stuff, as opposed to wandering through undefined masses of swirling chaos. I mean sure, massive clouds of chaotic energy are deadly and kinda cool, but they get a little dull when they fill up most of the world.

tldr I want most of the creation stuff done quickly so the players can focus on other stuff.

So long as the game gets started. Do we get to create forms of life, or just have a role in the creation of the planet/universe?

So long as the game gets started. Do we get to create forms of life, or just have a role in the creation of the planet/universe?

In the preNES it will simply be creation of the planet/universe/existence. In the actual NES however, things will be a bit different. The gods won't be able to actually create life, but can twist it into new forms. Think Melkor from the Lord of the Rings universe. You can't exactly make your own life, but you can seriously mold whatever you can get your hands on into something else.

Beings made out of elements like golems or "elementals" will not technically be alive, but will be more like husks inhabited by some of the god's power to keep them moving and alive.

Consider me in. I'm going to enjoy twisting and bending the universe to my whim! :D

After some consideration and hearing some opinions, I'll kinda fuse the ideas together. Each new god will get 5 "points" to create some of the physical world. After they enter the world they play like normal. That way The world gets created quickly and people don't need to get weighed down making the world.

After some consideration and hearing some opinions, I'll kinda fuse the ideas together. Each new god will get 5 "points" to create some of the physical world. After they enter the world they play like normal. That way The world gets created quickly and people don't need to get weighed down making the world.

When do you plan to start this?

Yes indeed. Tell us :D

Tomorrow. Think of it as a belated Cinco de Mayo present.

Woot. Although, my Cinco de Mayo has significantly been dampened by the fact that my guild took it as a sign not to go raiding. Rawr.

Sign me up! :)

I suddenly had this premonition that it will be one screwed up world.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a way to do technology advancement/research in a Napoleonic NES? So far, out of the different things I've seen in some NESes, none of them are quite to my liking, although I'm thinking that doing a simple tech tree would probably be best.

Top Bottom