Shinra Marine - 3/22/2007

:woohoo: It's DONE!! Excellent work, NavyDawg... looks like the green civ-coloring worked out. Thanks for doing this for me!

BTW, this is not a Shinra UU or Flavor unit for the mod, but rather the generic Marine unit for the game.... I basically designed the mod so that in the first two ages, the civs will tend to resemble the more fantasy type games (FF I, II, III, IV, V, IX, etc) and the last two ages will resemble the sci-fi games more (VI, VII, VIII, X, etc), which is why I'm planning on making the Galbadian long-range cruise missiles be the default cruise missiles for the game, and why the Gelnika transport is the Late ind/modern era air transport for all civs....

And once again, you did a spiff-tacular job on this unit, NavyDawg!

I really need to figure out my Roman numerals...

Anyways, are these the guys in FF 7?

Also, very nice work Navy!

Ahh, that's why they looked familiar. (FF7 was the only I've ever played)

Nice, we've got some units that'll put up a good fight, before being horrifically pwned by Cloud.:D

That death is fantastic, considering the kind of unit this is *coughcannonfoddercough*, it needed to be done well, cause we're gonna see it alot!

:thumbsup:

Nice, we've got some units that'll put up a good fight, before being horrifically pwned by Cloud.:D

That death is fantastic, considering the kind of unit this is *coughcannonfoddercough*, it needed to be done well, cause we're gonna see it alot!

:thumbsup:

Actually, these units have the same cost and stats as Samurai in the FF mod (Modern era Offensive Infantry), but only require Rubber, whereas Samurai require mythril and Materia and Marines have only 1 movement instead of 2 and are capable of amphibious assaults where marines aren't....

So basically your assesment of them as cannon fodder is only true if you happen to be referring to Cloud Strife Lv 99 (or any other upgraded king unit), or the cannon in question happens to be a Makou Cannon....

Alrighty, guess I was following standard 'ninja' logic:

1 Guy with a giant sword will ALWAYS beat 100 guys with machine guns.

Unfortunately, well known fact is Civ 3 combat never quite conforms to real world logic, no matter how much you try to stack the odds to compensate, ie::spear:. So, even if one were to try and put these guys into a cannon fodder role, who knows what'll happen!:crazyeye:

Top Bottom