AI advantages

Jamesmor

Chieftain
I was playing with the 1.21 patch and was just getting my butt kicked by the ai on warlord(i couldn't keep up in town building). I can either get like 5 or six towns and have the ai whip my butt because i don't have any military or i go with like 2 cities with good enough military to ward them off. but my complaint is this, the AI gets too many advantages, i mean even on warlord i re-patched down to 1.17 just so i could use powerbar and see what they got just from the start. 2 settlers, 5 workers and 3 warriors? what the hell is this? if on cheiftan you get a better start than the ai shouldn't it be even for warlord, then the ai gets advantages in later levels? i even turned on ruin settler production, but that didn't stop them (i guess ai gets more settler units in script). has anyone else found this to be just a bit annoying?

:lol: Don't like all those AI cheats? Well, take a number and get in line!

Actually, I find it not hard to win at Regent, not at all. At higher levels AI cheating is so crazy there's hardly any point.

You should be able to handle yourself at Regent, so read some tutorial threads and practice. Remember, even though the AI cheats and has many built-in advantages, it is still akin to playing a ******ed person -dumb and predctable, as you will see with experience.

Good luck.

the AI gets too many advantages, i mean even on warlord i re-patched down to 1.17 just so i could use powerbar and see what they got just from the start. 2 settlers, 5 workers and 3 warriors? what the hell is this? if on cheiftan you get a better start than the ai shouldn't it be even for warlord,

WRONG! check the editor. Go to the difficulties screen under the edit rules and you will find the AI GETS NO ADVANTAGES OVER YOU UNTILL YOU PLAY MONARCH OR HIGHER! They do however no what comes out of huts every turn and and where all resources are from the begging. So they will just pass up huts if it is going to be barbs, normally at least.

The AI starts with nothing more than you do on Warlord. In fact, at that difficulty the AI is PENALIZED 20% on everything. The granary that costs you 60 shields costs them 72, their cities need 24 food and not 20 to grow, their research costs 20% more beakers than yours. So the advantages on Warlord are entirely in your favor! Any settlers or warriors that they may have had in the early game were simply built from their cities or popped out of goody huts. With some practice you should be able to win on Warlord without much trouble. Don't listen to Zouave; the "cheats" he is so worried about on higher levels can be easily managed on any level except Deity through intelligent play and smart decisions. Perhaps you will have more success when playing if you can remember than the AI is disadvantaged compared to you on any level lower than Regent.

but if all these units were from goody huts, how did they get so many on just 1 turn? i mean none of them were expansionist civs

Maybe you edited the civ3mod and changed the starting abilities of the AI on warlord?

You can get settlers and warriors from goody huts without being expansionist.

If the AI has 2 settlers, 3 workers, and other bonus units on the first turn of the game, you're playing on Deity. Perhaps a mis-click in the setup screen? If this was not on the first couple turns of the game, you're just being out-expanded. Look at some of the articles around the site for info on that.

Top Bottom