Across the Atlantic 1526

Argh! Why does it open in QuickPlay? I can't extract files on that! :(

yes i got the scenario to install. and that runs in 3.19 but you probably mean the mod. also do you mean that i have to redownload the scenario part?

P.S. i saw the screenshot of the new sobieski and it looks nice. =)

If you downloaded the 1.10 base scenario package, the mod scenario is included in that.

I take no credit for any of the graphics, all of them come from various modders on this site.

Oh, right! I just didn't get the scenario! :hammer2: Stupid...

Okay, I'm getting the scenario now, so I'll try it fo' reals this time.

Okay, I played it a bit, and I see a lot of potential. I think there a a few things that could be changed, though.

First, some of the Ottoman names are a bit off. "Athen" should be "Atina", "Saloniki" should be "Salonica", and Istanbul wasn't named that until the 20th century (though I'm sure you already knew that). A more accurate name for the time would be Constantinople, or the Turkish version, Konstantinyye.

Second, Port Royal was technically a French colony at the time, but I can see why you gave it to Scotland (Nova Scotia ;))

Third, FLAVOR! By which I mean Ethnic Citystyles. It would really add to the experience and make it look more professional!

Last, add some custom leaderheads. In the game I played, they were all reused leaderheads, which is perfectly fine, but in a mod it looks better if it has custom ones.

I'm mainly making all these suggestions because I can't mod for crap ;) But anyway, there's my two cents.

The mod does have new leaderheads. I'll look into adding more stuff to it, but it'll be a while as I'm going away.

By the way, if you're having trouble with the .7z archive the mod is in, any recent version of winrar can open it. I wanted to keep it under 10MB, and any other format would end up just over.

The starting colonies are anachronistic, the goal was to give every "colonizing civ" a forbidden palace in the new world.

Winrar and 7-zip will both open it. Winrar has a free 40 day trial period (you can still use it after that, there's just a message asking you to buy it), and 7-zip is entirely free.

ok i was able to get the file un zipped. but now i dont know how to actually play the game. i went into advanced and loaded across the atlantic but i dont know what to do now.

I hope not :). I've been away working (still am), so I've been unable to access the internet for a while.

If you managed to load the mod fine (The game will say "AcrossAtlantic" in the upper right corner) all you need to do is go to "Play scenario" and choose the MOD version of Across the Atlantic. This will put you at the nation selection screen and from there you're good to go.

Another way of doing this is to find the mod version WBS (."Civ4BTSWorldBuilderSave" or something like that) and double-click it. This should load the correct mod and scenario automatically.

For those who managed to play the mod (anyone?), any comments? Suggestions?

hey: had a quick look at the scenario (meant to be working :D) and i must say its pretty good! i wanted to ask if u have that system the modders have in RFC europe etc.. where u can build a city on a tile, and the default name would be a city in that geographical location: ie: if the english decide theyll settle modern day New York, the city name automatically comes New York, not Cambridge or Newcastle (or any city in the English city name list)

thanks in advance and congrats for making this mod!:D

The automatic city names function is neat, but I don't think it can be done without dll trickery, which I don't feel quite comfortable doing. All civs with colonies have had their citylists changed, though, so there won't be any Cambridges in the New World.

Since there is no dll altering, the mod should theoretically work under 3.19, but I'll test that as soon as I hear that it functions well under Wine.

Yes, please let me know about 3.19, some other mods didn't work from 3.17...

Also, there is a Cambridge, Massachusetts, in the USA...

Top Bottom